Why didn't god write the bible accurately?

As I was going through the books my late father bought over the years in county sales was a book about 300 pages long, published in 1847 explaining in great detail how God created Negroes to serve as slaves to White people. It was chock full of Biblical quotations. There were a lot of passages in it that were underlined with an old fashioned ink pen.

Why were Black people cursed? Why, that is easy: the first Black person, Ham, was cursed by God because he stared at hs father's dick. Seriously, that is what was claimed.

Can any of us be certain that some ancestor of ours did not also stare at their father's dick?
How many men cannot claim that they have never seen their father's dicks?
I have no respect for false ideas written by authors with bad judgment.

Werbung:
So those who blame God for slavery are lying.
God could have banned it, but he didn't. When each state that joined the Confederacy, its declaration of secession from the Union stated that slavery was the law of the state and was authorized by God.

God is allegedly omnipotent. He demonstrated his power to communicate with mortals like Moses and the profits and even Pharoah.
The Hebrews should not have been enslaved by "God" not because God opposed slavery, but only because they were "God's" CHOSEN PEOPLE.

Mark cannot reason logically.

So Christians do not follow the Ten Commandments today? Is that what you are saying?
The new Testament instructs Christians to view the law differently than Jews in the O.T. were required to view the law.

Romans 6:13-15
King James Version

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.​

The new Testament instructs Christians to view the law differently than Jews in the O.T. were required to view the law.

Romans 6:13-15​

King James Version​

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.​

Who are "those who are alive from the dead"? Is your member an instrument of righteousness unto God, Mark?

This is another example of silly Biblical blather. Should we blame the unknown author, who wrote it in Greek, or the translator, a hireling of King James?

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.​

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.​

Lefties cannot decide if Christians were not running the country when biblical laws influenced the foundational laws of America or if Christians were running the country when the slavery supporters bullied the opponents of slavery into accepting slavery at the outset of the nation.
Christians were running the country
Who denies that?
You keep quoting lefties but never name names, lying *****

Christians were running the country
Who denies that?
You keep quoting lefties but never name names, lying *****
Why did the irreligious early fathers allow the Christians to run the country in those early formulative days?

Why did the irreligious early fathers allow the Christians to run the country in those early formulative days?
Can you name even one of the Christian presidents that ran this country, besides Jimmy Carter?

Jefferson was not irreligious, he simply dd not think that religion should affect the governance of this country. He did not try to ban churches or prevent Christians from running for office.

You apparently are unaware that prior to the Revolution, the official religion of England and all its colonies was the Church of England which was supported financially and in other ways by the monarchy. King Charles III (the present king) is also officially a Defender of the Faith of the Church of England. Also called the Anglican or Episcopal Church.

Prove they were irreligious
And the country was run by elected officials, *****, not early fathers
God you are stupid

I don't know how many or how few early Christians supported slavery and neither do you. Brazenly declaring that most early Christians supported slavery is not only dishonest but wicked.
Well how can you say the majority of them were unbelievers? You said that above.

Read this you hypocrite.

Can you name even one of the Christian presidents that ran this country, besides Jimmy Carter?
President Lincoln had a good testimony suggesting his faith in Christ was genuine. Whether or not various presidents were genuinely Christian is not something I feel capable of judging, but I do agree with the following quotes:

1716699553670.png

1716699608503.png

1716699631730.png

1716699728854.png

1716699765625.png

1716699820302.png

Prove they were irreligious
And the country was run by elected officials, *****, not early fathers
God you are stupid
Don't be dense. Nobody knows what percentage of early Americans were God pleasing Christians or how large a majority of God-honoring Christians in that day opposed slavery.

Many evangelical leaders in the United States such as Presbyterian Charles Finney and Theodore Weld, and women such as Harriet Beecher Stowe (daughter of abolitionist Lyman Beecher) and Sojourner Truth motivated hearers to support abolition. Finney preached that slavery was a moral sin, and so supported its elimination. "I had made up my mind on the question of slavery, and was exceedingly anxious to arouse public attention to the subject. In my prayers and preaching, I so often alluded to slavery, and denounced it.[18] Repentance from slavery was required of souls, once enlightened of the subject, while continued support of the system incurred "the greatest guilt" upon them.[19] Finney clearly stated, "If I do not baptize slavery by some soft and Christian name, if I call it SIN, both consistency and conscience conduct to the inevitable conclusion, that while the sin is persevered in, its[20] perpetrators cannot be fit subjects for Christian communion and fellowship." Finney also conscientiously believed that "the time is not far distant when the churches will be united in this expression of abhorrence against this sin."
[21]

Don't be dense. Nobody knows what percentage of early Americans were God pleasing Christians or how large a majority of God-honoring Christians in that day opposed slavery.

Many evangelical leaders in the United States such as Presbyterian Charles Finney and Theodore Weld, and women such as Harriet Beecher Stowe (daughter of abolitionist Lyman Beecher) and Sojourner Truth motivated hearers to support abolition. Finney preached that slavery was a moral sin, and so supported its elimination. "I had made up my mind on the question of slavery, and was exceedingly anxious to arouse public attention to the subject. In my prayers and preaching, I so often alluded to slavery, and denounced it.[18] Repentance from slavery was required of souls, once enlightened of the subject, while continued support of the system incurred "the greatest guilt" upon them.[19] Finney clearly stated, "If I do not baptize slavery by some soft and Christian name, if I call it SIN, both consistency and conscience conduct to the inevitable conclusion, that while the sin is persevered in, its[20] perpetrators cannot be fit subjects for Christian communion and fellowship." Finney also conscientiously believed that "the time is not far distant when the churches will be united in this expression of abhorrence against this sin."[21]
my god you are such a *****. lol.
america was run by christians. christianity dominated religion in this country when it started. lol.
christian run america put slavery in the constitution.
its history, history *****. lol

America’s origins were deeply religious and infused with faith traditions informed by the Bible. Many of the early English settlers came to America fleeing religious persecution. The original thirteen colonies, chartered by the Crown, were in fact under the rule of a Christian state with an established church

America’s origins were deeply religious and infused with faith traditions informed by the Bible. Many of the early English settlers came to America fleeing religious persecution. The original thirteen colonies, chartered by the Crown, were in fact under the rule of a Christian state with an established church
Nonsense. You contradict well respected published reports but you do not convince me the experts are wrong and you are right.

Werbung:
Back