Worst President Ever?

Meistro

No, this is not a thread about George Bush. He's just mildly bad. I'd like to nominate :

FDR - brought communism to America.
Wilson - brought imperial hubris to America.
Lincoln - brought fascism to America.

Werbung:
Grant? Harding? Andrew Johnson? Taylor? Pierce? Buchanan?

I suppose this depends on your definition of "worst." Are you talking "worst" as in introduced America to an ideology you dislike, or "worst" as in poor job performance?

Worst in terms of ideology, I'd probably go with James Polk.

Worst in terms of performance, probably Jimmy Carter.

Jimmy Carter gets the award for two things

worst president while serving and also
worst president while in private life

(Not counting his house bulding years) I think he was pretty noble at that point.

The worst president in the last 100 years is without a doubt Jimmy Carter,and probably in all of US history.

Toss up between Carter The Idiot and Clinton the Man-Whore. Carter was incompetent and weak. Clinton was competent but evil. :mad:

President Carter came into his own AFTER he was out of office. No name calling please on President Clilnton, unless we go back through time which will take in some Presidents many may not like to admit to. As a President, Clinton times were good. The last 7 1/2 years have taken everyone to the bottom except the RICH. Wake up and smell the coffee. If we are going on personal lives, I do not like what I have heard about Obama and think we All need to know a lot more before handing over our country to a Jr. Senator we know nothing about. I don't want to find out when it is TOO LATE. I am a Democrat, but I will vote Republican. At least you know how bad things can get and what we have to deal with.

President Carter came into his own AFTER he was out of office. No name calling please on President Clilnton, unless we go back through time which will take in some Presidents many may not like to admit to. As a President, Clinton times were good. The last 7 1/2 years have taken everyone to the bottom except the RICH. Wake up and smell the coffee. If we are going on personal lives, I do not like what I have heard about Obama and think we All need to know a lot more before handing over our country to a Jr. Senator we know nothing about. I don't want to find out when it is TOO LATE. I am a Democrat, but I will vote Republican. At least you know how bad things can get and what we have to deal with.

A real Democrat does not vote Republican. Ever hear of the Supreme Court? It's already stacked conservative and a moderately liberal Justice Stevens is 88 years old. The next president will have at least 2 upcoming openings to fill. With McCain, you'll get more like Scalia or Alito. Seven of the present nine Justices have been chose by Republicans. We don't need any more.

Discontinue your sniveling and act like a Democrat, either that or stop claiming you are one, because a real Democrat doesn't give over the Supreme Court to Repubs.

FDR the worst? Yeah nothing like leading the country out of the greatest economic situation it has ever seen. Then goes on to defeat the greatest threat to humanity has seen to date. All the while placing America in a position to prosper for decades. Yeah that is a bad job :rolleyes:

You overlook Nixon, Andrew Johnson, or Hoover? Nor will history be kind to Bush43.

FDR the worst? Yeah nothing like leading the country out of the greatest economic situation it has ever seen. Then goes on to defeat the greatest threat to humanity has seen to date. All the while placing America in a position to prosper for decades. Yeah that is a bad job :rolleyes:

You overlook Nixon, Andrew Johnson, or Hoover? Nor will history be kind to Bush43.

Uh, FDR didn't "lead" the country out of the depression - his policies probably prolonged it, but he does get some credit for letting the generals win the war.

Uh, FDR didn't "lead" the country out of the depression - his policies probably prolonged it, but he does get some credit for letting the generals win the war.

The President is the leader. They take the heat or the praise. It was the case then, as it is now. I think most scholars would agree that the New Deal helped improve the economy signifigantly. His policies basically created the middle class, as it hadnt really existed on large scale before.

The SEC, FDIC, and TVA are still quite relavent to this day.
As for the generals comments, the generals dont make policy the President does. The Manhattan project was approved by FDR, among the advance in many other weapons. You give far to little credit to FDR.

In most studies on the subject, FDR is in the top 3 Presidents of all time, at the very least, the top 5. You put him last. Do you assume you are more wise than the academics that put those together? Or possibly your blind partisanship taking ahold.

Grant? Harding? Andrew Johnson? Taylor? Pierce? Buchanan?

I suppose this depends on your definition of "worst." Are you talking "worst" as in introduced America to an ideology you dislike, or "worst" as in poor job performance?

Worst in terms of ideology, I'd probably go with James Polk.

Worst in terms of performance, probably Jimmy Carter.
I agree with the first point, but with respect to Carter's do-nothing performance, the fact that everybody seems to forget Gerald Ford speaks volumes!:)

Werbung:
A real Democrat does not vote Republican. Ever hear of the Supreme Court? It's already stacked conservative and a moderately liberal Justice Stevens is 88 years old. The next president will have at least 2 upcoming openings to fill. With McCain, you'll get more like Scalia or Alito. Seven of the present nine Justices have been chose by Republicans. We don't need any more.

Discontinue your sniveling and act like a Democrat, either that or stop claiming you are one, because a real Democrat doesn't give over the Supreme Court to Repubs.
[/B]

Apparently you did not read my screen name. AMERICAN FIRST. That is exactly what it means. Now you are entitled to your opinion that is the American Way, but to put a party ahead of the best interest of our country is idiotic and if you think you know what everyone does when they go in to that voting booth, you are either immature or nieve. Only the voter and God knows. So you vote as you choose. I am just being HONEST, you know like Honest Abe?:)

Back