Would you ever kill someone?

I think that this issue is best left to PM's or something before it turns nasty. If someone proves the other is lying about who they are, then maybe the other mods and admin might be interested, but at the moment its just going to cause a rift on the board.

Werbung:
I think that this issue is best left to PM's or something before it turns nasty. If someone proves the other is lying about who they are, then maybe the other mods and admin might be interested, but at the moment its just going to cause a rift on the board.

Fine with me. I just asked because I thought we may have been at the same place at the same time and could share memories of the place and time. The ease with which he flew off the handle and, as coyote points out, his talk about being a walking weapon (special forces, etc.) does make one suspicious.

It has been my experience that most people who actually went to vietnam, unlike TV veterans, are not hesitant to talk about their experiences and unlike ghostdogs characterization, it was not pure hell and it was not ducking bullets and gristly battle every day and terror every night as the movies portray. The fact is that most who were there rarely, if ever even saw a NVA regular.

Vietnam is one of the most beautiful places on earth and the people were worth being there for. My best memories of that time are of the people. We helped them rebuild homes that were damaged or destroyed by both sides. We helped them plant and harvest their crops. We could assist them in ways that represented pocket change to us but was life changing to them.

I still have not forgiven the anti war types of the day for their efforts that led to us running out on those people. They deserved better. To this day, I wonder how many people that I personally helped out were killed when we let the north over run the country. They deserved better than that.

Seems that "attacking palerider" is right up there with "making fun of Roker" on the list of things to do around here when none of the conversations are really moving forward.

By the way, palerider, it's good to see that you made another new friend. And to GhostDog and all the rest who are following that line of reasoning...I suggest you get out to the library or a book store and pick up Tim O'Brien's amazing The Things They Carried. It might just be the best book you ever read.

VYO, I do not have to go to the library to read or get information
concerning anything about my personal experiences. I joined this
conversation when I stated that I do NOT find nothing to brag
about being in the War. Then I was asked (Not Volunteer) about
me serving, and at that point I ONLY stated that I served in
the special forces unit.

pathfinder said:
The ease with which he flew off the handle
and, as coyote points out, his talk about being a walking weapon
(special forces, etc.) does make one suspicious.

Why should it make you suspicious if you know what special forces is?
Coyote, its MY RIGHTS if I do not want to go into deeper details about
my past life. Don't you think its my rights? you know what I am talking
about?

Or maybe a better word would be ...Beyond that its none of your
business. Now I am done with that.

I am NOT on here to Judge or Star S***.

I have my rights to comment on anything that I choose to if its
being presented incorrect. Now it seems to me that the issue
on here is people lying about serving. Well to thoses who did
(good for you), and for thoses who is wannabes (good for you).

I was in the war so I staed that I was, and I was NOT bragging
as many of you assumed I was, and again I found out that
serving for a country that don't give a **** about you is nothing
to brag about.

However what does matter is when one did serve, and was
blessed to make it back home safe.

I have my rights to comment on anything that I choose to if its
being presented incorrect. Now it seems to me that the issue
on here is people lying about serving. Well to thoses who did
(good for you), and for thoses who is wannabes (good for you).

I was in the war so I staed that I was, and I was NOT bragging
as many of you assumed I was, and again I found out that
serving for a country that don't give a **** about you is nothing
to brag about.

However what does matter is when one did serve, and was
blessed to make it back home safe.

Honestly, I think you are reading far too much into it then was meant...

Fine with me. I just asked because I thought we may have been at the same place at the same time and could share memories of the place and time. The ease with which he flew off the handle and, as coyote points out, his talk about being a walking weapon (special forces, etc.) does make one suspicious.

It has been my experience that most people who actually went to vietnam, unlike TV veterans, are not hesitant to talk about their experiences and unlike ghostdogs characterization, it was not pure hell and it was not ducking bullets and gristly battle every day and terror every night as the movies portray. The fact is that most who were there rarely, if ever even saw a NVA regular.

Vietnam is one of the most beautiful places on earth and the people were worth being there for. My best memories of that time are of the people. We helped them rebuild homes that were damaged or destroyed by both sides. We helped them plant and harvest their crops. We could assist them in ways that represented pocket change to us but was life changing to them.

I still have not forgiven the anti war types of the day for their efforts that led to us running out on those people. They deserved better. To this day, I wonder how many people that I personally helped out were killed when we let the north over run the country. They deserved better than that.

It's interesting to hear something like this, as opposed to the more glamerous, non-stop running gun battles bravery type of rhetoric. War is complicated - it's never as simple or straightforward as Hollywood or political chickenhawks like to portray it. But it should always be a choice of last resort.

I've not talked to very many Vietnam vets - the few I know, don't speak much about battles, and don't seem to want to. Mostly, they talk about helping some of the people, or in one particular case we talked about the use of and bonds with their sentry dogs. An interesting distinction.

Honestly, I think you are reading far too much into it then was meant...

Okay Coyote, Maybe I am thereforth correct me. Again, I do have my
opinions, but I also have a open-mind and acceptances when corrected,
and can stand to be corrected. Explain what you mean by the above
statement.

Okay Coyote, Maybe I am thereforth correct me. Again, I do have my
opinions, but I also have a open-mind and acceptances when corrected,
and can stand to be corrected. Explain what you mean by the above
statement.

I'm just saying you way overreacted to what Palerider said and all of a sudden what seemed a simple question of "might we have intersected in Vietnam" became a statement of lying about service.

At any rate - that was my take on it. I could be wrong but, I'd rather go with that impression then needlessly get my knickers in a twist. :)

I've not talked to very many Vietnam vets - the few I know, don't speak much about battles, and don't seem to want to. Mostly, they talk about helping some of the people, or in one particular case we talked about the use of and bonds with their sentry dogs. An interesting distinction.

I agree totally with the vets who don't speak about the battles.
However, If there is any small talk about saving someones
life. Many don't brag about being in battle, due to that fact that
many of us losted army buddies, and my biggest protest isn't to
brag about my tour...but how my own government mistreated
many of us upon returning home.

I speak about the years I was over there and the outfit I served
in. As far as War stories I am not into that, but I was forced to
talk about my issues with my therapist, and after that I am back
into my own little world.

In closing, after 30 years of mentally hell. I received a medical
release, and I attended junior & senior college to major in the
Human Justice/Criminal Justice profession.
Since earning my BA in 2000 I have been working as a child
Protection Investigator, and that's the profession I work in
the present time.

Coyote, follow the direction of the wind that blows through
your mind, and which ever direction it goes in follow it.

crackpots.......................................

FWIW.........yes pale i did say you were bragging.....BUT i have NEVER questioned your actual time in country

on the other hand the ensuing exchanges have led me to believe both........................ of the other one involved at this time

of course just my opinion

Werbung:
Killing someone is not such a hard thing to do. It's living with yourself afterwards that can be hard.

Back