A New Black Perspective

Sihouette

We've all heard the hopeful songs of praise and adulation that many black americans sing to the chant "O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA!"

And in Obama they have invested their hopes for an ambassador for black americans, to show the country that not only are they qualified to run this country, but that they should do so, often and in every capacity.

So logic dictates that instead of ignoring any flaws with this man they've invested so much hope in, they should instead, scrutinize the crap out of him.

Why?

Because if he fails in significant ways, significant numbers of americans will see his failure as an extension of black's failure at governing, not the least of which amongst the ranks of black americans themselves. And all because they've invested too much of their hopes and dreams in him. They are setting themselves up for a very big fall...and the price of that fall is very heavy if you really sit down and consider the damage done to black morale and self esteem as a culture.

If they'd just put their hopes in Colin Powell or another more-qualified black candidate, their hopes and dreams would be realized. Instead they chose to really get behind a slick-talking, and quite frankly "whitewashed" buffoon like Obama.

I really don't anticipate a great outcome for black americans by identifying themselves with Obama's "struggles"...growing up posh, white, privileged and elite, snakey, charming, waffling... A true-grit man like Powell, (who made some mistakes with the Iraq invasion but like Congress was likely operating innocently off false information,) would've really towed the line well for black americans.

Their choice of Obama is just unfortunate. But I guess he was the only guy running with darker skin so...? They should drop their efforts for Obama now and be begging day and night for Colin Powell to run in 2012.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for their cause..

With Obama at the helm of their ship, they could be running into rough seas..

Werbung:
We've all heard the hopeful songs of praise and adulation that many black americans sing to the chant "O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA!"

And in Obama they have invested their hopes for an ambassador for black americans, to show the country that not only are they qualified to run this country, but that they should do so, often and in every capacity.

So logic dictates that instead of ignoring any flaws with this man they've invested so much hope in, they should instead, scrutinize the crap out of him.

Why?

Because if he fails in significant ways, significant numbers of americans will see his failure as an extension of black's failure at governing, not the least of which amongst the ranks of black americans themselves. And all because they've invested too much of their hopes and dreams in him. They are setting themselves up for a very big fall...and the price of that fall is very heavy if you really sit down and consider the damage done to black morale and self esteem as a culture.

If they'd just put their hopes in Colin Powell or another more-qualified black candidate, their hopes and dreams would be realized. Instead they chose to really get behind a slick-talking, and quite frankly "whitewashed" buffoon like Obama.

I really don't anticipate a great outcome for black americans by identifying themselves with Obama's "struggles"...growing up posh, white, privileged and elite, snakey, charming, waffling... A true-grit man like Powell, (who made some mistakes with the Iraq invasion but like Congress was likely operating innocently off false information,) would've really towed the line well for black americans.

Their choice of Obama is just unfortunate. But I guess he was the only guy running with darker skin so...? They should drop their efforts for Obama now and be begging day and night for Colin Powell to run in 2012.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for their cause..

With Obama at the helm of their ship, they could be running into rough seas..

In case you've forgotten, Colin Powell is a Republican who has served in Republican Administrations. I've always doubted your Democratic credentials, but thanks to this last post I now firmly believe you are no friend of the Democratic Party. Why not admit your true political leanings, why this charade?

BTW Colin Powell, while in Vietnam, was a key figure in the coverup of the My Lai Massacre. Seems like he did some "whitewashing" of his own.

He returned to Vietnam from 1968 to 1970 where he served as the executive officer and later as the assistant chief of staff of operations for the Americal Division (the 23rd Infantry Division) with the rank of Major, was charged with investigating a detailed letter by Tom Glen (a soldier from the 11th Light Infantry Brigade), which backed up rumored allegations of the My Lai Massacre. Powell wrote: "In direct refutation of this portrayal is the fact that relations between American soldiers and the Vietnamese people are excellent." Later, Powell's assessment would be described as whitewashing the news of the massacre, and questions would continue to remain undisclosed to the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Powell

And you ignore anything good about him, so what makes you think youreat are not the same?

And Powell? Great man would have been a great choice..till he still up and told the UN the case for war ...that was all wrong and much of it known to be wrong, was a embaresssment for many...most of all Powell who has said he is sorry he did it, and took GT's word that it was all good intel.

And you ignore anything good about him, so what makes you think youreat are not the same?

And Powell? Great man would have been a great choice..till he still up and told the UN the case for war ...that was all wrong and much of it known to be wrong, was a embaresssment for many...most of all Powell who has said he is sorry he did it, and took GT's word that it was all good intel.

Well Bill Kristol of Fox News says he has inside information that Powell will endorse Obama. If indeed that comes to pass, I might soften my stand towards him. However, I'm not holding my breath as Fox has made a regular habit of both lying and reporting rumor as fact.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/14/kristol-colin-powell-to-endorse-barack-obama/

Well Bill Kristol of Fox News says he has inside information that Powell will endorse Obama. If indeed that comes to pass, I might soften my stand towards him. However, I'm not holding my breath as Fox has made a regular habit of both lying and reporting rumor as fact.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/14/kristol-colin-powell-to-endorse-barack-obama/

I was not bashing him, he has at least said he was wrong, and I understand his view. He was told by the head of the CIA this was good intel, as a military man and man he thought was a freind he did not question that, and did it...Only Bush man to realy say he was sorry for his role in evrything outside Scott M . I think Bush Dick and them used him, and he knows it, he did what he could to try to get them to do the right things and they back stabbed him, lied, and ignored him. And yes I heard he may endorse as wel, or at least is looking at him. That says something. If he had Powell and Clark backing him thats not a bad thing as far as military goes.

In case you've forgotten, Colin Powell is a Republican who has served in Republican Administrations. I've always doubted your Democratic credentials, but thanks to this last post I now firmly believe you are no friend of the Democratic Party. Why not admit your true political leanings, why this charade?~ popeye

Yes, but he was cast out by his republican buddies and I doubt he feels as warm and fuzzy towards the GOP as he once used to.

And anyway, this thread is about black americans getting a good and worthy leader to further their cause who is also black american...parties be damned for this argument's sake..

Barack Obama ain't it, for all the reasons I gave, and more (see my signature below). The worst of all of it is that when and not if he screws up royally from his glaring lack of experience and qualifications for that office, providing he even has a smidgen of a chance of winning this Fall, black americans as a whole will experience a devastating setback in the morale of their cause of "letgitimizing" black leaders.

What a potential blow just looming over their heads like a grand piano tied by a thinning rope of "hope"... I just wonder if they figured this into their equation while they're chanting the high praises of the infamous Obama..

Colin Powell most likely blindly trusted the bogus CIA information like Congress did. So he fought vigorously on false pretenses to further BigOil's empire-expansion project in Iraq. The man has a good head on his shoulders and military experience and is respected worldwide. Personally, I'd like to see a Clinton/Powell ticket this time and then a Powell/Clinton ticket next time. Why not? All he'd have to do is switch parties. Ask Ritter, it's easy to do...

If wishes were fishes my plate would be full..:D

Can you imagine a Clinton/Powell ticket? My Gawd! They'd even have lizards crawling out from under the rocks in the deserts to make it to the polls in November to cast in favor of that dream team..

OK, I'm not trying to start a "flame war" here, so let's keep it civil, but why should anyone care about the "Black perspective" on anything.

"Black Perspective"? :rolleyes: Any politician at the national level, who is banking on less than 13% of the population for a "voting block", as if they've ever voted as a "block", is downright silly anyway and has no business being involved in national level politics anyway.

It's loooonnnnngggg past time that everyone got rid of this "Black perspective", "White perspective", "Latino perspective", this perspective, that perspective, and the other perspective, and started concentrating on an AMERICAN perspective.

OK, I'm not trying to start a "flame war" here, so let's keep it civil, but why should anyone care about the "Black perspective" on anything.

"Black Perspective"? :rolleyes: Any politician at the national level, who is banking on less than 13% of the population for a "voting block", as if they've ever voted as a "block", is downright silly anyway and has no business being involved in national level politics anyway.

It's loooonnnnngggg past time that everyone got rid of this "Black perspective", "White perspective", "Latino perspective", this perspective, that perspective, and the other perspective, and started concentrating on an AMERICAN perspective.

I am all for getting rid of black white exc.

But I am ok with other kinds of voting blocks

City people have one agenda, and country people another

someone who owns a car lot does not have the same concerns as a farmer.

so in that way I am ok with voting blocks, but I do wish we would get rid of the black white male fem crud

I agree. But it does seem to be a very important issue to blacks. Unless my reading comprehension skills have seriously fallen by the wayside..?

It's just like a group in power to downplay the plight of discriminated-against people. Being a woman, I know all-too well about the quiet, silent "gentleman's agreement" to underplay female acheivements, the subtle expectations of submission men demand from women, being sexually objectified. The lack of equal pay, dominating the wishes of a woman to control what happens with her uterus, instead of being forced to be subjected to an unwanted pregnancy. The theft of female innovation and calling it "their idea" and claiming the prizes..

Minorities have difficulty explaining these concepts to those in power because those in power simply don't care to hear from a subjegated class. Their concerns are, like their acheivements, downplayed, "sillyfied". Failing that those concerns are simply labelled nonexistant.

I think maybe, somehow, black americans might be concerned with the performance of the first black president as reflective of their aptitude as a whole...since the signature of discrimination is lumping people into groups and judging all of them based on convenient stereotypes..

I'd just hate for the new american sterotype of the first black president to be "what a total failure".

If Hillary were patently incompetant, I'd want anyone but her for the first woman president. It just so happens that she's very qualified.

I still would throw my bet behind Colin Powell. I'd like to see him running alongside Clinton, with her or him, either one as the front runner..

I've always wondered why Colin Powell has been holding off to declare support either way?

Maybe he's just being smart and not wanting in the fray..?

Still think he would've run this country like a tight ship..

I've always wondered why Colin Powell has been holding off to declare support either way?

Maybe he's just being smart and not wanting in the fray..?

Still think he would've run this country like a tight ship..

Keep in mind that many in the State Department hated Powell because he leaned too far left on many issues. To classify him as a die hard rightwinger like many people do is a big mistake.

Keep in mind that many in the State Department hated Powell because he leaned too far left on many issues. To classify him as a die hard rightwinger like many people do is a big mistake.

He's not a "hard" right winger but he does lean that way. What bothers me about him is the military mindset. As exhibited with My Lai and in front of the UN, Powell followed orders even though he suspected they were wrong. That's not a characteristic that I admire, in fact, I don't like it at all.

Werbung:
Yes, but he was cast out by his republican buddies and I doubt he feels as warm and fuzzy towards the GOP as he once used to.

And anyway, this thread is about black americans getting a good and worthy leader to further their cause who is also black american...parties be damned for this argument's sake..

Barack Obama ain't it, for all the reasons I gave, and more (see my signature below). The worst of all of it is that when and not if he screws up royally from his glaring lack of experience and qualifications for that office, providing he even has a smidgen of a chance of winning this Fall, black americans as a whole will experience a devastating setback in the morale of their cause of "letgitimizing" black leaders.

What a potential blow just looming over their heads like a grand piano tied by a thinning rope of "hope"... I just wonder if they figured this into their equation while they're chanting the high praises of the infamous Obama..

Colin Powell most likely blindly trusted the bogus CIA information like Congress did. So he fought vigorously on false pretenses to further BigOil's empire-expansion project in Iraq. The man has a good head on his shoulders and military experience and is respected worldwide. Personally, I'd like to see a Clinton/Powell ticket this time and then a Powell/Clinton ticket next time. Why not? All he'd have to do is switch parties. Ask Ritter, it's easy to do...

If wishes were fishes my plate would be full..:D

Can you imagine a Clinton/Powell ticket? My Gawd! They'd even have lizards crawling out from under the rocks in the deserts to make it to the polls in November to cast in favor of that dream team..

You come up with some crazy a$$ $hit!:D

Senator Obama is too Black... no wait he's not Black enough. He's a big let down even though he's probably the smartest guy to ever run for President.

This is what he is... he's the person that went up against the whole Clinton machine which in the beginning was up on him by like 30 points and had all the money and was bringing in the lions share of the Black vote... and he still beat Hillary for the nomination. Not by going negative like she did but with respect and a better message.

Now let's look at where they stand now.

Senator Obama: Buckets full of money with record amounts pouring in everyday... 95% of the Black vote... and leads in almost every poll against McCain that's been taken usually by between 4 to 15 percentage points. Presumptive nominee, official Democratic Party nominee in 11 days.

Hillary Clinton: In debt like no candidate has ever been before in history. In fact she's begging Obama & Obama supporters to help bail her out (which by the way rabid Clintonista like you are crushing the chance at any of that happening) Quite a few less delegates than when she lost the primary to Senator Obama. Tons of skeletons in her & Bill's own closet, won't even be VP.

11 days to go... and boy will your wishin' upon a star & misinformation make you look out of touch and alone! Why not just say the words about exactly what's going to happen to Hillary about getting the nomination at the convention? It goes like this...

THAT DOG WON'T HUNT!
:D

And think of all the past alleged scandal that neo-cons would be dredging up if she had. Murders, drug dealings, Monica on her knees. It would not have been pretty. But you know Senator Obama and his supporters would have supported her if she had gotten the nomination fairly. Clintonistas need to think about that! Karma ya know!

Must see TV memories... better not to look back but move forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1FlcXQ8gqU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w86yFIHFGbY

Back