A New Black Perspective

Yeah Libsmasher,

It all looks good on paper, but in practice we both know it's a different world.

And if you don't know it, that only proves that you are statistically most likely:

1. White
2. Male
3. Christian
4. Well off

Because if you don't fall into all four of those categories, I guarantee you know that discrimination is alive and well, if sometimes underground.

And most black-americans know this too. That's why Obama has the potential of doing so much damage to their cause. Without realizing it, they may with good intentions, actually be undoing decades of forward thrust in their work for equality by nominating a figurehead that utterly shames the cause with predicable incompetance.

Again, that comment he made while whooping it up in Hawaii "is that all?" [snappily] to reporters asking him what he thought of Russia's invasion of Georgia, effectively the threshold of WWIII, was so telling. I thought, "here we go, another George W. Bush flippantly dismissing events of horrific proportions to go have a BBQ at the Ranch in TX.

We cannot survive another four years of that. And black-americans' cause cannot survive that kind of image demotion..

Werbung:
It's loooonnnnngggg past time that everyone got rid of this "Black perspective", "White perspective", "Latino perspective", this perspective, that perspective, and the other perspective, and started concentrating on an AMERICAN perspective.

agree. I would take it further and concentrate on a PEOPLE perspective.....if there has to be a "perspective" at all.

This is true but you know as well as me that it's much easier to blame someone else for your own shortcomings than to just stay focused on being the best you can be and cutting your own path in life.

I see this as a coach all the time. Every now and then you get a kid that's all about the whining and *****ing because they're not getting enough playing time. They complain that it's because they're White or Black (goes either way & I could care less) or it's because the other person has played for me before or because someone knows my daughter who's a pretty well known basketball player in our area.

When all along the real reason is the person I'm playing more is either just plain better... or is about the same but gives extra effort. Does extra conditioning. Stays after practice to shoot on their own... or sometimes it's because they just have a better attitude.

Yeah Libsmasher,

It all looks good on paper, but in practice we both know it's a different world.

And if you don't know it, that only proves that you are statistically most likely:

1. White
2. Male
3. Christian
4. Well off

Nonsense - the above group (if you add heterosexual and delete Christian) is the last group to face institutionalized discrimination in the US.

And most black-americans know this too. That's why Obama has the potential of doing so much damage to their cause. Without realizing it, they may with good intentions, actually be undoing decades of forward thrust in their work for equality by nominating a figurehead that utterly shames the cause with predicable incompetance.

We cannot survive another four years of that. And black-americans' cause cannot survive that kind of image demotion..

Well then let me ask you this S.

If Senator Obama picked Hillary as his VP how would that affect your feelings... because you seem to be for that since she didn't win the primary?

The fact is she'd be his subordinate in that position.

I mean the fact is Hillary is not going to get the nomination. So that ship has sailed & it's pointless to go on & on about it. Now the question is if there's anything else that would stop you from trying so hard to slit your own Parties throat?

If not then you're basically a Republican and everyone should probably start looking at your posts in that light.

Nonsense - the above group (if you add heterosexual and delete Christian) is the last group to face institutionalized discrimination in the US.

Judging from your previous posts, I'd guess that by "last" you mean chronologically, and not least likely.

If you mean the latter, then you're correct.

Insert Bush for Obama , go back 8 years, change Libs to Repubs...and I agree....

The Republicans can vote Bush into office and then later complained someone does not have enough Foreign policy experience....is kinda sad.

Excellent point!

The fact is that neither George Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan... I could go on... as mere State level Governors had close to the experiance Senator Obama has already in a Federal capacity.

Things are different on a National level. There's a much, much bigger economic picture. There are national security & foriegn affairs issues that require clearance to really know fully about.

The good things about Senator Obama are three fold.

1st... He's markedly intelligent with a steady demeanor. Even his harshest critics give him that.

2nd... He's had experience at the state level plus at the Federal level. So he knows his way around Washington.

3rd... But he hasn't been around so long that he's jaded or in a bunch of Lobbyist's pockets.

Excellent point!

The fact is that neither George Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan... I could go on... as mere State level Governors had close to the experiance Senator Obama has already in a Federal capacity.

Things are different on a National level. There's a much, much bigger economic picture. There are national security & foriegn affairs issues that require clearance to really know fully about.

The good things about Senator Obama are three fold.

1st... He's markedly intelligent with a steady demeanor. Even his harshest critics give him that.

2nd... He's had experience at the state level plus at the Federal level. So he knows his way around Washington.

3rd... But he hasn't been around so long that he's jaded or in a bunch of Lobbyist's pockets.

I believe the complaint is that he has no executive experience, which a governor would obviously have, no matter what the size of the state is.

And McCain Has that? So far as I know he was in the Senate...not a Gov of any state .....

I have never argued that he did, just saying that is the complaint about Obama.

So if we are simply going based on Senate experience, McCain wins it hands down.

It would be nice to have a candidate who has successfully run a state, a major corporation, or at least a large government entity.

Buy, you go into an election with the candidates you have, not the ones you wished you had.

It would be nice to have a candidate who has successfully run a state, a major corporation, or at least a large government entity.

Buy, you go into an election with the candidates you have, not the ones you wished you had.

Like Romney :cool:

Werbung:
I believe the complaint is that he has no executive experience, which a governor would obviously have, no matter what the size of the state is.

That takes be back a little to the... He's too Black... He's not Black enough thing.;)

My position is that he was expertly educated at top schools. He hit the ball out of the park in fact with his educational successes. He's worked from the bottom up helping those in distress. He has served on several large business boards of trustees and he has the experience in government both State & Federal to know the lay of the land. And in his Federal capacity he's had the benefit of having been repeatedly briefed on and act on serious national issues.

Mark your bottom dollar if he were a governor and not done everything else he's done the other side would be saying... There's no way he could do the President's job without more knowledge of the workings in Washington.

Senator Obama has run an outstanding campaign. Being a good executive means being smart enough to put good people around you, being able to evaluate their advice and then make sound well thought out judgments. I see this a Senator Obama's forte.

When you compare needed experience & intellect combined across the board I stand my my statement. He is more prepared to be President than George Bush, Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan were when they went in.

Back