Another Republican hypocrite...Sanford admits to an affair!

pot_kettle.jpg

This insightful little picture from a 'human' that has the signature/footnote of "buck obama"...JESUS...you are a certifiable nut-job...but very, very amusing for a daily joke. THANKS...:D

Werbung:
Exactly.

I for one find the name calling and ranting between ASPCA and Bob to be tedious, childish, and boring.

But, then, I've already said that. I think I'll just skip their posts for a while.

Dementia, CRS, tends to make humans become repetitive...but continue on with your 2¢ worth ;)...it adds so much to my request for 'facts from BOOBtheBuilder!!!

Now it appears there are multiple expenditure problems with Sanford as well.

Oh no say it ain't so Joe!

Mark Sanford's first-class voyages
by Mark Silva

Mark Sanford, the roaming governor of South Carolina who campaigned with a pledge to "fix'' the problem of lavish spending of taxpayer dollars, has billed the state $37,600 for one first-class flight and four business-class flight overseas since November 2005, an Associated Press investigation of the governor's spending has found.

"This kind of lavish spending with taxpayers footing the bill just doesn't make any sense to me," the Republican said in one campaign ad when he first was running for governor. ""If I become your governor, I'll fix that problem."

The governor's billings included $8,687 for a Delta Airlines flight to Brazil last year, a trade mission with the Commerce Department that included a visit to his later-disclosed Argentine mistress, Maria Belen Chapur, the start of a yearlong love affair with his avowed "soul-mate.''

The father of four' publicly acknowledged his extramarital relationship after flying to Buenos Aires over the Father's Day weekend this year to see his mistress, with the governor's office explaining at the time that the missing governor had gone out on the Appalachian Trail.

Other state employees had spent less than $2,000 each for economy seats for the Brazil flight, according to records released by two state agencies under South Carolina's Freedom of Information Act.

Sanford has since repaid $3,300 for part of that Brazil-Argentina jaunt.

His spokesman defends the other expenses.

"He compares very favorably with previous administrations on use of the state plane, and we believe he would compare favorably on his use of other state travel as well," spokesman Joel Sawyer says.

But the former congressman who first ran for governor in 2002 boasting of sleeping on a cot in his office to save money and blasting incumbent state officials for their expensive travels has outpaced other officials on other trips as well.

Sanford billed the state $12,172 for travel to China in 2007, which included business-class accommodations on United Airlines, upgraded food, drinks and an oversized reclining chair. State Rep. Nikki Haley, a Republican, was a member of the state mission to China. Her flight cost $6,842. Others on the trip charged the state between $1,905 and $3,963 each for their flights, expense records show.

The state paid more than $5,000 for Sanford to fly to Poland in April, including at least part of the trip in the more expensive business-class seating. He spent $4,685 of state money on a Lufthansa business-class flight to Munich in April 2007. The governor also flew in the most expensive "envoy class," also referred to as first class, on a U.S. Airways flight to London in 2006 at a cost of $7,065.

State Senate Minority Leader John Land recalls the criticism that candidate Sanford heaped on others, the AP reports.

""I reckon he's a hypocrite," the Democrat says. "He goes before the Christian right and professes to be one thing and yet his conduct is something else. He goes before the people of the state and talks about his fiscal conservatism. But yet when you see him in action, he's going first class and spending the state taxpayers' money."

I saw this on the news yesterday. How is it that this man still has a job?

We should change the rules if parties are going to protect the people they elected there should be some scale to measure them by to auto oust them when the party wont.

I include dems in this...

We would have a very different Senate and Congress if there were such rules.

We should change the rules if parties are going to protect the people they elected there should be some scale to measure them by to auto oust them when the party wont.

I include dems in this...

We would have a very different Senate and Congress if there were such rules.

I agree... hey see... we agree!;)

I completely understand a Senator or Representative wanting to fly First Class. I can see wanting the extra space and to be a little more shielded from your typical talkative traveler when you're a well known public figure...

BUT PAY THE DIFFERENCE YOURSELF!!!

All of them should get the standard fair covered and then if they want the special accommodations they should just pay the difference.

Ain't never gonna happen because everybody on both sides like the perk too much... but I agree with ya that would be nice.

I agree... hey see... we agree!;)

I completely understand a Senator or Representative wanting to fly First Class. I can see wanting the extra space and to be a little more shielded from your typical talkative traveler when you're a well known public figure...

BUT PAY THE DIFFERENCE YOURSELF!!!

All of them should get the standard fair covered and then if they want the special accommodations they should just pay the difference.

Ain't never gonna happen because everybody on both sides like the perk too much... but I agree with ya that would be nice.

Its so nice to agree with you :)

I think if voters found a way to force them to follow certian rules or be auto ousted it would be helpful but they are the ones who would have to pass that so its probably never gonna happen.

Now go to the baseball guys thread and read what I wrote and try and tell me what I am? Dem Repub or Indy

Because running around on your spouse is not an impeachable offense. Apparantly the voters of S Carolina don't care who he's screwing around with, just like they didn't care who Bill Clinton was screwing around with. The difference here is that, unlike Bill, he didn't LIE ABOUT IT!

He's like "HELL YEAH, I BANGED HER! Have you seen what she looks like? You'd bang her to if you had a chance!"

Because running around on your spouse is not an impeachable offense. Apparantly the voters of S Carolina don't care who he's screwing around with, just like they didn't care who Bill Clinton was screwing around with. The difference here is that, unlike Bill, he didn't LIE ABOUT IT!

He's like "HELL YEAH, I BANGED HER! Have you seen what she looks like? You'd bang her to if you had a chance!"

Oh that is not what I mean, I mean he used a half a million dollars for traveling first class exc. I dont want even the best congressman or Senator or Governor to waste our money that way. We should pay for regular and if they want an upgrade they should pay for it.

His sex life is not my problem, but if I were in his state I would figure if he can not keep loyal to his wife then he wont be loyal to me either, and I would not vote for him next time.

Oh that is not what I mean, I mean he used a half a million dollars for traveling first class exc. I dont want even the best congressman or Senator or Governor to waste our money that way. We should pay for regular and if they want an upgrade they should pay for it.

His sex life is not my problem, but if I were in his state I would figure if he can not keep loyal to his wife then he wont be loyal to me either, and I would not vote for him next time.

Exactly.

He should have gone skirt chasing on his own dime, if he was going to do it at all.

Then, at least he didn't lie about it, but what a crocodile tears sort of apology he gave afterward! What an act.

As for Clinton, he should have looked the questioner straight in the eye and said, "That's none of your **** business. Next question."

I'll bet that's what JFK would have done, but there is no way to know that for sure.

Exactly.

He should have gone skirt chasing on his own dime, if he was going to do it at all.

Then, at least he didn't lie about it, but what a crocodile tears sort of apology he gave afterward! What an act.

As for Clinton, he should have looked the questioner straight in the eye and said, "That's none of your **** business. Next question."

I'll bet that's what JFK would have done, but there is no way to know that for sure.

Perfect analogy of every issue in this post PLC1.

It's not anyone's business really if someone is having an affair. Now I will make the caveat that it does set you up a little more for ire if you tend to be a hard pusher for the "family values" when it's anyone else. But that said I still think an affair is a ridiculous thing for a politician to lose his job over.

Clinton should have done EXACTLY what you said as well.[/B] You hit that nail right on the head too. The one thing I always though Bush was really smart about was he never would answer a question regarding his drug use in college. He'd just say... I'm not talkin' about college and he stuck to that no matter what. Eventually people quit asking because they knew that subject was closed.

As far as Kennedy the press wasn't like it is today. I think there were people that knew or had suspicions he was a bit of a player but they didn't go all DEFCON 5 over stuff like that the way they do now.

But had he been busted having an affair I too would hope he would have just refused to talk about it saying he wasn't going to talk about his personal life.

Exactly.

We are in agreement even on what Bill Clinton should have said.

Perfect analogy of every issue in this post PLC1.

It's not anyone's business really if someone is having an affair.

I disagree with this part. Look at John Edwards? Many people donated to his campaign.... time and money both. Had he won the nomination he would have most likely been defeated due to the woman and baby and those who wanted him, supported him with time and money would have been the ones to lose.

To some degree those who represent us owe us something. If a politician can not keep a commitment to their spouse, how on earth can I expect them to keep a commitment to me. Now, not everyone would think that way when voting for someone but enough of us would and had Edwards got the nomination he could have let down a whole lot of people.

I think a politician owes his party to be decent and it’s the business of his party what he or she is doing that can drag the party down.

I disagree with this part. Look at John Edwards? Many people donated to his campaign.... time and money both. Had he won the nomination he would have most likely been defeated due to the woman and baby and those who wanted him, supported him with time and money would have been the ones to lose.

To some degree those who represent us owe us something. If a politician can not keep a commitment to their spouse, how on earth can I expect them to keep a commitment to me. Now, not everyone would think that way when voting for someone but enough of us would and had Edwards got the nomination he could have let down a whole lot of people.

I think a politician owes his party to be decent and it’s the business of his party what he or she is doing that can drag the party down.

Hi Pan;).

I wasn't saying it's right. I'm saying it's not a reason to be fired from a job. Any other job that also relies on you and your credibility and pays you doesn't fire you because you had an affair.

All I'm saying is this is not an termination of employment thing. If the people want to stop backing you or don't want to re-elect you that's their prerogative. But it shouldn't be grounds for termination from your job... and a politicians job is his elected office.

But I agree it's not a good thing and of course should be discoureaged...

Werbung:
Back