Barney Frank gets biatch slapped by Bill O'reilley

That's my fault, actually. I took offense to something that was said early in the thread and responded in kind. I'd split off the homosexual debate and move it to a more appropriate section of the forum if I thought it was necessary.

There's a difference between disapproving of homosexual behavior and using bigoted epithets and insulting insinuations when faced with a homosexual.

Then they are misinformed as to the nature of homophobia. Having studied the matter rather closely, I wouldn't say you're a homophobe. I don't agree with you - but you're not a homophobe.

You'll find opponents of promiscuity on both sides of the sexual divide. Actually, if you're ever interested in learning more about the homosexual perspective (and can stomach a film that is sympathetic to homosexuality) you might try watching And the Band Played On. Ian McKllelan's character is a homosexual who is ardently anti-promiscuity.

I agree with you on this.

Homosexuals expect acceptance only in so far as they aren't harrassed simply for being homosexual. Well, okay, the ones I agree with only expect that much; its true, some go further than that, and I've told them that frankly I can't get behind their point of view.

When I said I did not agree with multiple partners, I was actually thinking of straight people. I guess it could apply to homosexuals too but it’s not where my mind was. I believe we were meant for a single life time partner and we just don’t take that serious enough.

I agree with we should never treat anyone as lesser than us. I don’t agree with a number of things but I would never try to stop other people from believing in them or participating in them.

I have watched many documentaries on homosexuality, all of them in support of it. I do believe that some people are just born with their wires crossed differently than the majority. I watched one documentary about twin boys that I will never forget. One from as early as he could talk, walk exc. liked things that girls would normally like, the other was more than the usual into masculine things. By the age of 10 one was very fem and the other more masculine than most boys his age. The parents raised them exactly the same just they are different. I don’t think anyone can fault those parents, or that boy. It’s just how he was wired.

I have seen some really interesting shows about men who had surgery and became woman and visa Versa. I learned a great deal from it, and I feel I understand better now about that issue.

I do think that people who are bi sexual, this week I am with a girl next week I am with a guy... I admit less tolerance to this or I am just more judgmental. It might be that I just lack understanding. But for me they just like sex period and don’t care who or what they have it with. I have a great deal of respect and understanding for the first two groups but I am a bit less willing to understand the third.

Werbung:
I think that you need to understand that this Barney guy went on national TV like he was Marlon Brando in the Godfather a few days ago, saying; I'd like to know who those republicans are who did not vote for this bill. I will try to persuade them in a not so nice way....

Yet, he has been caught many times in the past telling congress that there was nothing wrong with FANNIE MAE and FREDDIMAC.

It's about time that somebody put him in his place... :)

*chuckles* I hate you for making me defend Barney..

I watched Barney when he made his comment and it wasn't in a Marlon brandoesque type fashion. It was actually quite funny.

Frank actually was simply responding to the notion that 12 republican's jumped ship from the vote because Pelosi said not so nice things. Frank replied, something like " Give me the names of these individuals and I will go speak uncharacteristically nice to them and then they can do what's right for the country.

It was a funny statement and if anyone changed vote for that reason, then yes, I'd agree he was right.

I'm not debating that Frank shouldn't have been called out, he definitely needed to be and shares responsibility for the problems. My critique was in how Bill when about it, Bill took the attention off the issue and put it on himself and Frank by how he conducted the interview. Good for Barney, maybe good for Bill.. but not good for the viewer in my personal opinion.

Psychology isn't based on science vyo, it's based on "feelings", "emotions", and "interpretation". Physics is based on FACTS and SCIENCE.

No, psychology is the science of feeling and emotion. Interpretation comes from philosophy and is, by the way, one of the two necessary components of human perception...so there's no way around it, really.

You're wasting your time vyo, and I'm not the least bit interested in playing your silly game, so let it go.

Funny, you seemed plenty interested in "playing" when you felt comfortable calling me a coward and an idiot. And now, suddenly, when your line of logic gets derailed...now you don't want to "play" any longer.

You yourself made it perfectly clear that you're a victim in waiting vyo, simply because you took offense at something that doesn't apply to you. You automatically look to pacify, you look for someone else to 'help' you, and you condemn those who stand up for themselves and their families as "aggressive".:rolleyes: I've dealt with your type (liberal) my entire life, and you're all as predictable as the sun rising in the east, so it didn't take any great leaps of logic or even prophetic abilities to know where you were going before you even started down the path.

There's aggressive and there's unnecessarily aggressive. Ask yourself this: how much of standing up to that man, who you obviously consider your inferior, was about exerting your own sense of dominance?

Or think of this: sure, in the short term, you solved your own problem. Congratulations, anyone with a temper can do that. It is more difficult - and more rewarding - to try to be understanding in situations like the one you described. You might be able to help solve his problems as well as your own. Not by acquiescing to his point of view, but by suggesting he get help rather than just running him off.

Then again, his problems aren't yours. So what if he continues to be what he is now rather than getting help and maybe making something of what remains of his life? That isn't your problem, at least not so long as he doesn't bother you again.

Just a side note from The Bunz:
If I were Barney Frank, I would have walked away from the interview. Whilst one may disagree with the sentiments of the Congressman, he certainly demands a certain amount of respect, that Oreilley did in no way shape or form show. Bill needs to smoke a joint or something to chill out. I thought he might have a stroke in that clip.

No, psychology is the science of feeling and emotion. Interpretation comes from philosophy and is, by the way, one of the two necessary components of human perception...so there's no way around it, really.

Sure there is. Take this entire discussion as a primary example. You "feel" I badly handled a situation that YOU didn't witness, and were not a part of, based on YOUR interpretation, and YOU are all "emotional" about it. There's nothing "scientific" about it, and it all boils down to a busybody sticking their nose into someone elses business.

Funny, you seemed plenty interested in "playing" when you felt comfortable calling me a coward and an idiot. And now, suddenly, when your line of logic gets derailed...now you don't want to "play" any longer.

Now YOUR "emotions" are getting in the way because you realize that I saw your little baited hook for what it was and refused to take it, and now you're "feelings" are hurt. No, I'm not interested in playing your silly game, because you're not good at it, and it would be a complete waste of my time.

There's aggressive and there's unnecessarily aggressive. Ask yourself this: how much of standing up to that man, who you obviously consider your inferior, was about exerting your own sense of dominance?

Aggressive? He was the one being aggressive when he refused to leave after I told him to take a hike, and you're just plain silly. I considered him to be a possible threat to my family, and I dealt with him accordingly. Now if you "feel" that it was inappropriate, that's your problem, not mine.

Or think of this: sure, in the short term, you solved your own problem. Congratulations, anyone with a temper can do that. It is more difficult - and more rewarding - to try to be understanding in situations like the one you described. You might be able to help solve his problems as well as your own. Not by acquiescing to his point of view, but by suggesting he get help rather than just running him off.

Then again, his problems aren't yours. So what if he continues to be what he is now rather than getting help and maybe making something of what remains of his life? That isn't your problem, at least not so long as he doesn't bother you again.

vyo, you're operating under the misguided impression that I give a damn about him, or anyone like him, I don't. I care about me and mine, everyone and everything comes after that, and I'm not the least bit interested in being "understanding" towards him, or anyone like him, or even solving his problems. If you want to run around trying to save the world, go right ahead, but I've been around the world, and believe me when I tell you, it doesn't want to be saved, it's just looking for easy marks like you to come along because it knows that you'll give 'em what they want, or if it comes to it, that they can TAKE what they want from you, because you're such a wuss that you won't even defend yourself or your own family. You remind me of those stupid Nuns in Honduras who were out there, spreading the word, "taking care" of the natives, and got raped and murdered by the "emotional" Sandanistas for their efforts because they were idiot-logues and wouldn't take an "aggressive" armed patrol with them to ensure their safety, because they were worried about how it might make someone else "feel". As far as I'm concerned, they asked for it, they got it, Toyota.

Now, I hope, for your sake, that some day you aren't confronted with someone like that, because if you are, chances are we'll be reading about you in the papers, with the title of VICTIM in front of your name. One thing about it though, if you are, and you survive, when you get out of the hospital, you'll be a NEOCONSERVATIVE, because, and I don't remember who said it, but neoconservatives are liberals who have been mugged.

If I were Barney Frank, I would have walked away from the interview. Whilst one may disagree with the sentiments of the Congressman, he certainly demands a certain amount of respect, that Oreilley did in no way shape or form show. Bill needs to smoke a joint or something to chill out. I thought he might have a stroke in that clip.

Barney Frank is the lowest form of scum in DC. He's spent years there, wasting the tax payers dollars, lining his own pockets, and ensuring his own aggrandizement. In 1774, he's have been tarred, feathered, and paraded through town before being thrown into the Potomic. What Bill did was give that lying sack of spit a taste of what he deserved, because he came out of the gate lying, and lied almost the whole way through the interview.

I respectfully disagree... Mark Foley, Larry Craig, William "Cold Cash" Jefferson, et all deserve NO respect as far as I'm concerned. You betray the public trust, it doesn't matter whether you are still in office or get re-elected (of course, being re-elected after a scandal only happens with Democrats), you deserve, and you will get, no respect from me.

I don't like Bill O', I make no appologies for the man, but Frank was right... Treat lying piles of dirt like Barney Frank as the piles of dirt they are and they won't come on your program... To which I say, Good Riddence.

Frank doesn't deserve the airtime, don't give it to him. He tried to use the airtime to peddle more lies and spin the truth to make it sound like his Shat didn't stink and Bill lost it.

What did Bill think was going to happen? Its not like Democrats ever OWN UP to their corruption, ineptitude or other intentional failings... and its not like the Democrat Voters are interested in holding them accountable.... They shift blame, scapegoat and their constituents reward and participate in the same activity. (Republicans also like to shift blame and scapegoat but the majority of their constituents hold them accountable and force them from office)

Werbung:
I don't like Bill O', I make no appologies for the man, but Frank was right... Treat lying piles of dirt like Barney Frank as the piles of dirt they are and they won't come on your program... To which I say, Good Riddence.

Frank doesn't deserve the airtime, don't give it to him. He tried to use the airtime to peddle more lies and spin the truth to make it sound like his Shat didn't stink and Bill lost it.
Come on.....he's (obviously) unaware of "conservatives'" delicate-condition. :rolleyes:

Back