Democrats AND Republicans criticize Jindal's speech

Popeye, the image you posted was inappropriate and has been removed. Let this be a clear warning to you that this is not allowed in the future. And infractions will result.

Werbung:
Rob, in the future when an image along those lines is posted, give an infraction.

OK with my house cleaning done, Ill make a few comments here.

Firstly, him taking issue with the volcano monitoring is simply naive and I think he now knows it backfired horribly on him. But I want to reiterate the abosulte hypocrisy portrayed by Jindal in making this comment, and Alaskan GOPers are hardly pleased.

I mean, seriously, how can the Governor of a State that was utterly devastated by a hurricane, and would fight tooth and nail to retain the hurricane tracking money, take issue with the measly amount when it comes to monitoring volcanos which can easily cost as much in treasure and life as a hurricane can.

While most of the volcanos in the nation are located in Alaska, we Alaskans prepare ourselves for them, and look after our neighbors when the warning is coming. As is evidenced by the thread I created a few weeks ago. I know it is going to happen, and so does everyone else, so we take the measures to ensure we can survive in the meantime.
Then here is the leader of Lousiana who cant manage to evacuate a city, nor provide relief for those left behind when the worst happens. As far as I am concerned, Jindal can take his Katrina money and run, because I no longer give a damn about a major city that was placed below sea level.

Now to address another issue....
Why was Jindal giving this speech?
Since when does the Governor of a State give the response to a Presidential speech? I mean where was Mitch McConnel or John Boehner? These were the guys leading the members of Congress who actually voted. Or how about Michael Steele at the very least? I dont for the life of me understand why Jindal was put into the spot in the first place. He has no more to do with the stimulus package than any other Governor. If I were a member of the GOP Id be thoroughly disappointed in the actions taken here.

If this is the best the GOP has got, then its pretty clear that Obama will likely have 8 years.

Why not let, a bunch of other Governors from other states with higher populations have the chance. Arnold, Crist, Or hell even Sonny Perdue from Georgia.

The downfall of the GOP here really is that they are already setting themselves up for the 2012 elections, and Obama has been in office a month! As someone who has voted GOP more than the Democratic party, putting Jindal our front and center with the speech he gave does nothing but solidify my notions about the GOP.

Ill be honest when I say that a Palin speech would have been a hell of a lot more productive.

Did you check this guy out? Strange would be putting it mildly...he reminded me of a weird looking little boy.

I can just imagine Jindal and Palin on the same ticket. She could be Bobby's mother figure, since Palin never gets tired of having children anyway..and Bobby would certainly fill the role...Hmm.. that makes me wonder, are Bobby and his potential mommy Sarah into role playing ?...a question to ponder.

Anyway, I have to ask...is this the best the GOP has to offer?
Ya' gotta remember....Republicans thought Danny "The Spaz" Quayle was a pretty good idea, as well.

Republican-elites like their candidates much like their women.....as deferential as-is-possible. In their eyes, "best" = easiest-to-manipulate. (And, Republicans assumed Sarah Palin was chosen for her looks. :rolleyes: )​

Jindal basically said that the government's disasterously inept response to Katrina should be a blueprint for the GOP. You go, Bobby.

But I guess Jindal's point was that "volcano monitoring" sounds silly. As Paul Krugman wrote in his blog today:

"The intellectual incoherence is stunning. Basically, the political philosophy of the GOP right now seems to consist of snickering at stuff that they think sounds funny. The party of ideas has become the party of Beavis and Butthead."
C'mon....let's be fair. He (most-likely) runs on rechargable-batteries!​

You miss the point. Volcano monitoring is not bad, the problem is what is it doing in a "stimulus" bill?
Absolutely.

Much like Katrina, what's the worst that could happen, right?

MSH80_boulder_left_by_lahar_muddy_river_09-16-80_med.jpg

Republican Party's Primary-Directive

"If it hasn't happened, yet....why is everyone worried-about-it?"

:rolleyes:

You know, if this image was posted about Obama you would be yelling about racism. Posting this picture only makes you look like an idiot, same as posting some retarded picture about Obama does the same.
This.....from someone who tolerates coded Jew-bashing, here??

Oh.....that's good.

:rolleyes:

Re: The Man Who Would Be King

So how bad off is the Republican Party? They handpicked Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana to issue the Republican response to President Obama’s speech to Congress. He was the best they could come up with, or at maybe the only one willing to actually accept the assignment. He’s being widely touted as a probable Republican presidential candidate in 2012, but after his appearance that may change.
Ya' gotta give "conservatives" credit for having the good-sense to prep the next Bob Dole/John McBush sacrificial-candidate!

;)

Werbung:
says the one who does nothing but tear down Obama and never has anything good to say about anyone ....

Obama did a great job...that fact jindal sucked has no effect on that.

Obama sounded good but what he had to say was crap rolled in lies

If you are willing to get excited about crap rolled in lies because it looked really good when presented to you, then go for it.

Bobby delivered a poor speech but the words in that speech were good, he was not lying and there was no double talk.

I’d rather have some wholesome truth that was not delivered fancy than a bunch of fancy crap.

Style over substance is stupid, but that’s the new trend Ill have to get used to hearing how fantastic it is.

Back