do americans regret the right to own guns

hunter10

i have noticed that america has some of the highest levels of gun crime among developed countries and i was wondering is this easy access to guns a result of the law tha allows common american citizens without criminal records to own a gun. i mean i have heard the excuse that they should be less gun control because citizens need to protect themselves, but i have realized that most ordinary americans dont seem to buy guns, wouldnt it be easier and safer if it was only law enforcement and the military that where allowed to carry weapons. take the uk for example it is extremely rare for gun violence to be hered of. most of the time it knife violence, due to the easy accessibility of knives. so will gun crime reduce in the states if people could not just walk into wall mart and buy a gun.

Werbung:
of course you do know that

1. Drugs are in other nations

2. Banning the drugs is the cause of the violence for the most part, not the drugs themself

Most gun violence is done by people high on drugs. But a certain group wants to blame the gun not the drugs. I find that odd. But if this country were ever stupid enough to make all drugs legal, the first thing the left would do is try to ban guns because they would claim guns would be unsafe with all these drugs around.

If we are going to make drugs legal I think we should stop paying for public education. Why keep paying to educate idiots who are killing their brain cells and are more interested in getting high than getting educated.

The UK has drugs - possibly the highest drug usage in Europe! I'd have to check that but generally I think we're up there with the best of them!

The UK has the lowest gun ownership in the world!

We even have burglars!! I was burgled once and sadly I didn't have a gun - but strangely enough I was at work so they'd probably have nicked the gun! Odd isn't it that burglars often have this damned annoying habit of breaking onto houses where the owners are out!

If some guy is thinking about crashing into your house, stealing all your stuff, and raping your daughter, he is more likely to think twice (and maybe not do it) if he knows there's a pretty good chance you have a gun.

Same deal if he's thinking about shooting up the local shopping mall, or office building, or school.

Notice that the guys who do this, usually pick places where guns are banned. That's WHY the places where mass shootings occur, are post offices, schools, workplaces etc. - they guy knows no one will be shooting back.

The insane ones (are any of them not insane?) aren't afraid of dying. Many of them do their thing and then turn the gun on themselves. But they all want to kill as many people as possible first, and "go out with a bang", making the greatest, most horrible splash possible. And if someone stops them before they have a chance to shoot more than one or two people, they won't accomplish what they want.

The most important reason for ALL law-abiding people to have the right to own and carry a gun, is not the chance to shoot a bad guy. It's DETERRENCE. When everybody CAN carry, even if most don't, the bad guy knows there will probably be one or two people in the crowd who can stop him... and he doesn't know which one(s). Or where the bullet will come from.

It's enough to make a self-respecting murderer worry. And sometimes even change jobs.

And that's why law-abiding people have the right to own and carry a gun. There's never a cop around when you need one - the murderer plans his crimes to make sure of it. But there's usually a regular citizen or twenty around. THEY are the main line of defense, and the bad guys know it... except where government prevents it.

"Gun control laws are the criminal's OSHA. They provide him a safe working environment."

Most gun violence is done by people high on drugs. But a certain group wants to blame the gun not the drugs. I find that odd. But if this country were ever stupid enough to make all drugs legal, the first thing the left would do is try to ban guns because they would claim guns would be unsafe with all these drugs around.

If we are going to make drugs legal I think we should stop paying for public education. Why keep paying to educate idiots who are killing their brain cells and are more interested in getting high than getting educated.

First no most gun deaths are not by people high...its gang violence ..some may be high at same time, but its not the reason for the gun use. And more often then Not I hear of Drunk with gun over high with gun in violence ( often in the case of Family violence)

2nd what does paying for everyone to get educated ...have to do with drugs being legal? thats like saying since booze is legal, lets ban schools...we don't want to teach drunks! your logic here makes me think, maybe your high?

If some guy is thinking about crashing into your house, stealing all your stuff, and raping your daughter, he is more likely to think twice (and maybe not do it) if he knows there's a pretty good chance you have a gun.

Same deal if he's thinking about shooting up the local shopping mall, or office building, or school.

Notice that the guys who do this, usually pick places where guns are banned. That's WHY the places where mass shootings occur, are post offices, schools, workplaces etc. - they guy knows no one will be shooting back.

The insane ones (are any of them not insane?) aren't afraid of dying. Many of them do their thing and then turn the gun on themselves. But they all want to kill as many people as possible first, and "go out with a bang", making the greatest, most horrible splash possible. And if someone stops them before they have a chance to shoot more than one or two people, they won't accomplish what they want.

The most important reason for ALL law-abiding people to have the right to own and carry a gun, is not the chance to shoot a bad guy. It's blaDETERRENCE. When everybody CAN carry, even if most don't, the bad guy knows there will probably be one or two people in the crowd who can stop him... and he doesn't know which one(s). Or where the bullet will come from.

It's enough to make a self-respecting murderer worry. And sometimes even change jobs.

And that's why law-abiding people have the right to own and carry a gun. There's never a cop around when you need one - the murderer plans his crimes to make sure of it. But there's usually a regular citizen or twenty around. THEY are the main line of defense, and the bad guys know it... except where government prevents it.

"Gun control laws are the criminal's OSHA. They provide him a safe working environment."

more mindless ranting .....the idea that some guy is just sitting out there waiting to break in your house and kill you and rape the woman....at random....does it happen ? sure...but you know who is really the one going to kill you with a gun? the one sleeping next to you...your ex...your own kid...your neighbor...someone you may let in your house anyway...Or the ever popular...yourself...on accident, or cuz you drank some got depressed...

I have no gun in my house...Statistically I believe I am safer then the guy with the gun in there house. Oddly I don't even live in fear of someone breaking in to kill me at complete random...because like Rape...its going to be the one you know who will do it...or you know what? you will just be walking down the street....and you will get shot...not even see it coming, and even if you where armed, still got shot..

also this gun crap...it really comes down to insecure people...hunters, and people who are Military or cops...or Criminals out to shoot each other...And being a non Criminal, odds are, not going to get shot by them. Better odds I get hit by the bus outside my house.

more mindless ranting
Translation: I can't refute any of the points you made, but I hate them anyway. So I'll make some vague accusation without backing it up and hope people think there's something wrong with what you said, instead of with what I said.

.....the idea that some guy is just sitting out there waiting to break in your house and kill you and rape the woman....at random....does it happen ?
Yes.

But why do you say it is random? As I pointed out, criminals plan their crimes so that there is no cop around... and if they think they are facing someone with a gun, they are more likely to go elsewhere, or even not commit the crime at all.

Didn't you read that in my post? Or were you too busy shouting, "Mindless rant! Mindless rant!" Perhaps you should actually take the time to read someone's post, before telling him how wrong he is....?
I have no gun in my house...Statistically I believe I am safer then the guy with the gun in there house. Oddly I don't even live in fear
Let me guess: This guy is your neighbor, right?
attachment.php

:D :D :D

Werbung:
come on, we all know there would be less workplace shootings, if every employee at the job had a gun at there desk...right?

Probably the same amount of attempted shootings but more than likely less would die as a result of a co worker sticking a bullet in the head of the shooter, where now we have to wait for them to kill how ever many before the cops show up.

Back