do americans regret the right to own guns

take all the workplace shootings...no what makes you think that easier access to a gun..would not mean more of them...Also I would like to see how you come up with its so rare that people act violently at work...or is that just you saying it ...I have seen quite a few cases of people very very upset and acting out at work..

Of the millions of Americans that go to work every day you can find a handful of violent stories. How many people in your town go to work everyday? Hundreds of thousands just in your town alone, day after day after day and I bet in your town you couldn't give me very many cases of violence at work

When someone in even the smallest of towns shoots up co workers it makes national news and if there were a real violent episode in a town it would at least make local news.

How exactly can I prove to you that out of the millions of Americans that go to work every day there is not a high number of violent scenes at work? Do you think the news might report on that? Breaking news, millions of Americans went to work today and there were no mass shootings not even a fight in the parking lot. At best I can prove it by saying there are very few stories about violence at work even though millions of Americans do it every single day, weekends included.

Werbung:
Of the millions of Americans that go to work every day you can find a handful of violent stories. How many people in your town go to work everyday? Hundreds of thousands just in your town alone, day after day after day and I bet in your town you couldn't give me very many cases of violence at work

When someone in even the smallest of towns shoots up co workers it makes national news and if there were a real violent episode in a town it would at least make local news.

How exactly can I prove to you that out of the millions of Americans that go to work every day there is not a high number of violent scenes at work? Do you think the news might report on that? Breaking news, millions of Americans went to work today and there were no mass shootings not even a fight in the parking lot. At best I can prove it by saying there are very few stories about violence at work even though millions of Americans do it every single day, weekends included.

Don't worry, if you arm all the workers...and get lots of guns int he workplace...it will hardly be news anymore when there is yet another work shooting...I have no idea why you and others think more guns and easy access to them...will ever mean , less people using them.

Don't worry, if you arm all the workers...and get lots of guns int he workplace...it will hardly be news anymore when there is yet another work shooting...I have no idea why you and others think more guns and easy access to them...will ever mean , less people using them.

What do you base this on? its not fact so I am wondering why you are so sure that people are as bad as you do.

16,204 Americans where murdered last year...only behind COlumbia, Russia, and India.....I am sorry if the world and people are not all happy peace love hippies. 9,369 of those by guns.

I am sorry , but people are not pretty angels who just are all peace and love...

But maybe 9000 gun Murders a year in the US...is not enough for you to thing...well gosh, maybe some people are not stable and do actuly use guns to kill people...

Do you need 10,000 gun Murders in a year to be proved that not evryone is a good person and sane and mental stable?

Let me just answer this quickly. NO, Americans do not regret the to own/bear arms/guns as a whole. Is it an important right, yes. Should it be done away with, No. People will be murdered whether we have the right or not, but we are allowed the right to defend ourselves. And as long as criminals can get guns illegally, I want to be able to obtain them legally.

16,204 Americans where murdered last year...only behind COlumbia, Russia, and India.....I am sorry if the world and people are not all happy peace love hippies. 9,369 of those by guns.

I am sorry , but people are not pretty angels who just are all peace and love...

But maybe 9000 gun Murders a year in the US...is not enough for you to thing...well gosh, maybe some people are not stable and do actuly use guns to kill people...

Do you need 10,000 gun Murders in a year to be proved that not evryone is a good person and sane and mental stable?

Over the past several years, most states have enacted the law enabling persons who take classes and pass background checks to carry a hand gun concealed. Statistics show that those areas where this has happened has had a lowering of of crime or at least stayed the same. This suggests that arming the correct people does not cause gun violence. Given that, it is notable that the wrong people are not effected by those laws, they will be armed despite any law prohibiting such. Therefore, by what logic can you maintain that it is logical to disarm the good people with laws that have zero effect upon the criminally inclined?

Your attitude also begs the question: Do you think that if you own a gun, you would be more inclined to shoot someone?

America is an extremely violent society.

In 1800's Texas, the Comanches murdered many settlers in extremely violent ways. In many areas of our country today, you are more likely to be victimized and murdered than in that era. Your logic dictates that disarming the settlers would result in fewer deaths, and it would...Commanche deaths.

Gun crime happens in inner cities and mostly due to drug wars. In states where people have freedoms to own guns the gun crimes are far less. So its been proven where there are more LEGAL guns the crime rate using guns is lower, the crime rate is lower for non gun crimes also.

so how can you claim that more legal guns will make more crime when everyplace there are legal guns there is less crime?

It is so simple. More guns means less crime. It works every time. Why can't liberals understand this?

I have always thought liberals want guns outlawed because they are afraid they would shoot themselves if they had access to one.:):):)

Lets hope the SC shoots down Chicago's kooky leftist gun ban. Watch Stossel today!!!

June 23, 2010 12:44 PM UTC by John Stossel
This Week's Show: Guns Save Lives

The Supreme Court is expected to rule on McDonald v Chicago next week, determining whether Chicago -- or any other city -- can establish gun bans without running afoul of the Second Amendment. On my FBN show this week (New Time: Thursday @ 9pm ET), I'll look at what will happen if gun bans are ruled unconstitutional.

I know the MSM and most of my neighbors in New York City believe that allowing Americans to carry guns would lead to chaos. I used to believe the same thing. But as I point out in my syndicated column, those predictions don't pan out:

Every time a [conceal] carry law was debated, anti-gun activists
predicted outbreaks of gun violence after fender-benders, card games and domestic quarrels.

What happened? John Lott, in "More Guns, Less Crime," explains that crime fell by 10 percent in the year after the laws were passed.
A reason for the drop in crime may have been that criminals suddenly worried that their next victim might be armed. Indeed, criminals in states with high civilian gun ownership were the most worried about encountering armed victims.

In Canada and Britain, both with tough gun-control laws, almost half of all burglaries occur when residents are home. But in the United States, where many households contain guns, only 13 percent of burglaries happen when someone's at home.

Two years ago, the Supreme Court ruled in the Heller case that Washington, D.C.'s ban on handgun ownership was unconstitutional. District politicians then loosened the law but still have so many restrictions that there are no gun shops in the city and just 800 people have received permits. Nevertheless, contrary to the mayor's prediction, robbery and other violent crime are down.

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2010/06/23/this-weeks-show-guns-save-lives/#ixzz0rm0KzM1k

It is so simple. More guns means less crime. It works every time. Why can't liberals understand this?

I have always thought liberals want guns outlawed because they are afraid they would shoot themselves if they had access to one.:):):)
While conservatives want guns to be available, because they hope liberals will shoot themselves if they have access to one!

Lets hope the SC shoots down Chicago's kooky leftist gun ban. Watch Stossel today!!!
It did!

Praise the Lord! :D

Over the past several years, most states have enacted the law enabling persons who take classes and pass background checks to carry a hand gun concealed. Statistics show that those areas where this has happened has had a lowering of of crime or at least stayed the same. This suggests that arming the correct people does not cause gun violence. Given that, it is notable that the wrong people are not effected by those laws, they will be armed despite any law prohibiting such. Therefore, by what logic can you maintain that it is logical to disarm the good people with laws that have zero effect upon the criminally inclined?

Your attitude also begs the question: Do you think that if you own a gun, you would be more inclined to shoot someone?

America is an extremely violent society.

In 1800's Texas, the Comanches murdered many settlers in extremely violent ways. In many areas of our country today, you are more likely to be victimized and murdered than in that era. Your logic dictates that disarming the settlers would result in fewer deaths, and it would...Commanche deaths.

if I owned a gun would I be more inclined to shoot someone? Yes , yes I would...Its alot harder to shoot someone when you don't own a gun, out of anger ...no matter how angry you may be...when the gun is easy to get at, its alot easier to get one in that rage and use it in a way you would not rationally use. Do you think most Domestic shootings are with people who owned guns who thought, you know there is a good chance I will shoot my wife and kids one day with this? No...but they did,...and if they did not own it, its alot less likely they would have gone to the gun store, got one, waited 3 days for a background check,,..then gone home and did same thing.

as for a point made someplace else about conceal and carry laws and how those states have lower Gun deaths...the asumtion made is that A causes B there...fact is studies don't show that...and its pretty hard to show it. Places that have tough Gun laws...do so...as they are normaly areas where the crime has gotten out of hand...AKA Chicago and DC...Now Minnesta has pretty lax gun laws...and the right for Conceal and Carry ( of course most buildings now have to put up signs saying you can't have them on in there buisness) but we don't have lower crime because of it...The Crime rate did not drop when we added it or go up from it as well. If a city in Montana had a murder rate of 164 murders in a 5 month span ( chicago Jan to May)

"Ten people have been killed and more than 60 others wounded by gunfire since Friday, city officials said. Daley said about 75 per cent of the recent shootings involved people who knew each other."
http://www.975ezrock.com/news/56/1158759

random info Dublin Ireland had highest gun murder rate in Europe...19
In Glasgow, Scotland, population 2.3 million had zero as of November 2009.

Werbung:
if I owned a gun would I be more inclined to shoot someone? Yes , yes I would...Its alot harder to shoot someone when you don't own a gun, out of anger ...no matter how angry you may be...when the gun is easy to get at, its alot easier to get one in that rage and use it in a way you would not rationally use.

You really need a shrink to control that anger problem. But, honestly thank YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST. It has enlightened me even further into minds of libs...You may have inadvertently hit on why libs want guns confiscated by the government.

Most of the libs I have met and know are very anger people particularly when you debate them and completely debunk their foolish beliefs, which I enjoy doing with regularity. My experience tells me libs get uncontrollably angry when confronted with their ignorance. I suspect if you and I met and debated, you would lose control and want to kill me. Yes?

So, my new theory on why (thanks to your most revealing response) libs want guns taken from law abiding Americans (of course criminals get to keep theirs because they are rational and only want to commit crimes) because people are irrational, they can get UNCONTROLLABLY angry, and will kill if a gun is easily accessible.

So, if my theory can be peer reviewed and proven correct, I demand all liberals be disarmed and attend anger management classes where they can be "enlightened."

I have never been so angry that I wanted to kill someone and I know I never will. Being a life long conservative and a Christian (maybe my belief in God has something to do with it while most libs are non-believers and Christian haters) maybe I was born this way and libs are born with a uncontrollable rage problems.

Can you conservatives out there back me up on this?

gunpointing.gif

Back