do americans regret the right to own guns

Probably the same amount of attempted shootings but more than likely less would die as a result of a co worker sticking a bullet in the head of the shooter, where now we have to wait for them to kill how ever many before the cops show up.

Or more likey.....Guy who gets pissed and snaps at work...who never would have had a gun at work..now does...more shootings..

ONe guy starts shooting...some other guy shoots him...someone does not see what happens see that guy shoot the other and gets shoots that guy........

The more you have guns available to people, the more likely they are going to use them...Lets just think about how well layoffs will go over, with a well armed office...and try to pretend that seems like nothing bad would happen....Can we at least make them go home get the gun and drive back ...so they actually have think think things threw? Rather then just have it ready to go at moments notice...because some people seem to live there lives in fear and need to be armed at all times to be "safe"

Werbung:
Translation: I can't refute any of the points you made, but I hate them anyway. So I'll make some vague accusation without backing it up and hope people think there's something wrong with what you said, instead of with what I said.

Yes.

But why do you say it is random? As I pointed out, criminals plan their crimes so that there is no cop around... and if they think they are facing someone with a gun, they are more likely to go elsewhere, or even not commit the crime at all.

Didn't you read that in my post? Or were you too busy shouting, "Mindless rant! Mindless rant!" Perhaps you should actually take the time to read someone's post, before telling him how wrong he is....?

Let me guess: This guy is your neighbor, right?
attachment.php

:D :D :D

actuly no, I know your posts well enough to know when to not bother reading the rest...and news flash for you...

Also your idea that people break into a home , cuz they think no one will be armed and no cops around/./....yea they also most often break in....when your not home...your more likely to get hit by lighting any day of the year then have someone at random just break into your house to kill you...

Or more likey.....Guy who gets pissed and snaps at work...who never would have had a gun at work..now does...more shootings..

ONe guy starts shooting...some other guy shoots him...someone does not see what happens see that guy shoot the other and gets shoots that guy........

The more you have guns available to people, the more likely they are going to use them...Lets just think about how well layoffs will go over, with a well armed office...and try to pretend that seems like nothing bad would happen....Can we at least make them go home get the gun and drive back ...so they actually have think think things threw? Rather then just have it ready to go at moments notice...because some people seem to live there lives in fear and need to be armed at all times to be "safe"

You have the lowest opinion of the human race as I have ever seen.
If someone was so hot headed that they would kill another person because they lost their job or what ever then they would be hot headed enough to throw a punch too but we do not have case loads of people throwing punches at work. A punch with your fist you would not even have to think about, it would come instantly if it were in a persons nature, a gun they would have to go back to their desk or locker or where ever they kept it.

I seriously never read a lower opinion of human kind as what you wrote, not just in violence but in stupidity. I thank God that people are really not as stupid or violent as you seem to think, if they were nothing would be worth fighting or trying for.

You have the lowest opinion of the human race as I have ever seen.
If someone was so hot headed that they would kill another person because they lost their job or what ever then they would be hot headed enough to throw a punch too but we do not have case loads of people throwing punches at work. A punch with your fist you would not even have to think about, it would come instantly if it were in a persons nature, a gun they would have to go back to their desk or locker or where ever they kept it.

I seriously never read a lower opinion of human kind as what you wrote, not just in violence but in stupidity. I thank God that people are really not as stupid or violent as you seem to think, if they were nothing would be worth fighting or trying for.

And your idea is to give the guy throwing the punch...a gun...gee I can't get why thats not always a great idea.

16,204 Americans where murdered last year...only behind COlumbia, Russia, and India.....I am sorry if the world and people are not all happy peace love hippies. 9,369 of those by guns...Ranked 4rth again...behind South Africa, Columbia, Thaland

And I am not the one who runs around thinking I need a gun, and more guns...to be safe....those are the ones who realy think so low of the people.

If liberals keep want a gun ban, lets ban all liberals from owning guns. That way they are the one's that can be victimized.

Acorn you mentioned deterrence as a fundemental basis for arming a society but is that in the context of armed response being the sole source of deterrence or as part of a structured response to crime prevention?

Neither.

Leaving a society free to arm itself as it sees fit, is one of the effective ways to reduce and prevent crime... whether other things are done at the same time as part of a "structured response" or not.

But it is certainly not the "sole source" of deterrence either.

It's simply one facet of freedom, that has a positive result.

The UK has the most draconian anti-gun legislation in the world so your postulation would assume rampant criminality affecting a majority of the country? Criminals will always get hold of guns and there is gun crime in the UK especially within the criminal gangs - yet we have the one of lowest rates of gun crime anywhere in the world! Do you think that this is a statistcal abberation?

The UK has the most draconian anti-gun legislation in the world so your postulation would assume rampant criminality affecting a majority of the country? Criminals will always get hold of guns and there is gun crime in the UK especially within the criminal gangs - yet we have the one of lowest rates of gun crime anywhere in the world! Do you think that this is a statistcal abberation?

Wherever stringent guns laws have been imposed in the US, crime has increased or stayed the same. But, that is not the issue. It is about individual freedom. We as American citizens have the right to keep and bear arms as long as the intolerant liberals are kept at bay. Unfortunately for you limeys, you have given up your freedom to the state. Good luck with that.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Unfortunately for you limeys, you have given up your freedom to the state. Good luck with that.
....don't get me started .....:D

Anyway back on topic!

In the context of a nation being armed to the teeth define
Wherever stringent guns laws have been imposed in the US.
....would that mean something like having to wear ear defenders when firing and rotary cannon....;)

....don't get me started .....:D

Anyway back on topic!

In the context of a nation being armed to the teeth define
....would that mean something like having to wear ear defenders when firing and rotary cannon....;)

Oh please!

Chicago and DC had or have HANDGUN BANS!!!! Yet, surprise surprise (only to DF liberals) homicides by handguns increased.

We are talking handguns. Not cannons...

And your idea is to give the guy throwing the punch...a gun...gee I can't get why thats not always a great idea.

16,204 Americans where murdered last year...only behind COlumbia, Russia, and India.....I am sorry if the world and people are not all happy peace love hippies. 9,369 of those by guns...Ranked 4rth again...behind South Africa, Columbia, Thaland

And I am not the one who runs around thinking I need a gun, and more guns...to be safe....those are the ones who realy think so low of the people.

The point is, as easy as it is to throw a punch it is rare that it happens at work so why do you think they would go to their desk to get a gun when they don't almost ever use the weapon they always have on them (their fist)

Werbung:
The point is, as easy as it is to throw a punch it is rare that it happens at work so why do you think they would go to their desk to get a gun when they don't almost ever use the weapon they always have on them (their fist)

take all the workplace shootings...no what makes you think that easier access to a gun..would not mean more of them...Also I would like to see how you come up with its so rare that people act violently at work...or is that just you saying it ...I have seen quite a few cases of people very very upset and acting out at work..

Back