For those of you who have questions about libertarians...here you go...Enjoy:)

Werbung:

I posted this for many of my Conservative friends who feel...well I'm a liberal in disguise...That can be so farther from the truth. This is for all of you who ask me about my point of views on government etc etc and Gary Johnson. Well here you go. But I encourage all of you to do your own research on the subject and decide for your self if Libertarians and their presidential candidates are "IRRELEVANT" LIVE FREE!!!

I think everyone here knows what a libertarian is. Dang its too bad Gen doesnt still have his Calico page, you could have learned a great deal

Well I'm not GenSenca's christmas list atm :(. Opps I can say Christmas right???;) Just kidding. LIVE FREE!!!

I think everyone here knows what a libertarian is.
Obnoxious? :)

I've said many times before that the thing I like least about Ron Paul... Are his supporters. Whether it's Paul or Johnson, it's a shame to agree with their policies and be completely turned off by their supporters.
Dang its too bad Gen doesnt still have his Calico page, you could have learned a great deal
He claimed he had read many of my posts on this and other(?) forums and thought I'd call him a "Liberal" for being a Libertarian... Obviously he doesn't know anything about me, he's just using a stereotype in confusing me for a Conservative/Republican.

I don't know how to search the forums any more for old posts but it would be fun to find the thread I had four years ago in support of Bob Barr - for whom I voted... Of course, since I'm not voting LP this cycle, he'd probably say I don't understand Libertarians, that I must have stopped thinking for myself, and/or that the only way to LIVE FREE!!! is to vote for Gary Johnson. :confused:

In short, I don't think he would have learned anything from CaLiCo... But I do miss our social groups AND blogs. :cry:

I've said many times before that the thing I like least about Ron Paul... Are his supporters. Whether it's Paul or Johnson, it's a shame to agree with their policies and be completely turned off by their supporters.

He claimed he had read many of my posts on this and other(?) forums and thought I'd call him a "Liberal" for being a Libertarian... Obviously he doesn't know anything about me, he's just using a stereotype in confusing me for a Conservative/Republican.

I don't know how to search the forums any more for old posts but it would be fun to find the thread I had four years ago in support of Bob Barr - for whom I voted... Of course, since I'm not voting LP this cycle, he'd probably say I don't understand Libertarians, that I must have stopped thinking for myself, and/or that the only way to LIVE FREE!!! is to vote for Gary Johnson. :confused:

In short, I don't think he would have learned anything from CaLiCo... But I do miss our social groups AND blogs. :cry:

I have had fun reading what he is posting to you. If he only knew where you really stood on issues :)

Yeah I agree with you that the worst part about ron paul is his supporters, Gary Johnson might have the same problem

I have had fun reading what he is posting to you. If he only knew where you really stood on issues :)
He would have a very difficult time finding an issue we disagree on but, without asking me, he has assumed that I'm a "neocon" Bush lover or some such nonsense.

Yeah I agree with you that the worst part about ron paul is his supporters, Gary Johnson might have the same problem
I don't know that anyone could have supporters as rabid as Ron Paul's supporters. Even though I support the guy, I pointed out to a fellow supporter that I disagreed with Paul's practice of stuffing pork into bills he knew would pass then voting against them as though that made it OK. Needless to say, he went ballistic in defense of Paul... It's difficult to have a conversation with such people.

He would have a very difficult time finding an issue we disagree on but, without asking me, he has assumed that I'm a "neocon" Bush lover or some such nonsense.

I don't know that anyone could have supporters as rabid as Ron Paul's supporters. Even though I support the guy, I pointed out to a fellow supporter that I disagreed with Paul's practice of stuffing pork into bills he knew would pass then voting against them as though that made it OK. Needless to say, he went ballistic in defense of Paul... It's difficult to have a conversation with such people.
That happened to me too. I pointed out the same stuff about stuffing bills he knew would pass with pork then voting against them. and I got the same treatment. I didnt like that about RP and I didnt like his stand on Israel. Israel is a deal breaker for me.

That happened to me too. I pointed out the same stuff about stuffing bills he knew would pass with pork then voting against them. and I got the same treatment. I didnt like that about RP and I didnt like his stand on Israel. Israel is a deal breaker for me.
I can understand your not liking his stance on Israel but he does make some good points... Like the fact that we send 4-5 times as much foreign "aid" to Israel's enemies as we do to Israel, and we set limits on the amounts and types of military hardware we "allow" Israel to purchase. I love Israel, I support Israel, and Paul's position is not a deal breaker for me. I know Israel can defend itself, as it's proven time and again, without "help" from the US.

When I was in Texas I met a young guy who was in the IDF (Israeli Defense Force), he was sent to UT to learn farci (sp), and we became fast friends. We talked about all sorts of things, including life in the US and Israel, he even taught me some Hebrew, and I was especially interested in hearing about his time with the IDF.

When his semester was over he had to go back to Israel. He gave me a book and a couple of shirts as goodbye gifts. One of the shirts said, "Don't worry America... Israel has your back!" and the other has the Hebrew letters IDF on it. They are almost 10 years old, I still wear them, and they hold a great deal of sentimental value. The book? Atlas Shrugged... It should go without saying that book that changed my life.

Point being, he was an Israeli soldier and he agreed with Ron Paul's position on our foreign policy with Israel. They don't want us to fight their wars for them, they can take care of themselves, they just don't want us hampering Israel's ability to defend itself under the guise of "helping" Israel. I know all of that is purely anecdotal but it made a difference in how I viewed our role as Israel's ally.

Never said you we're a neocon. Funny how you brought that up first:) Bob Barr...good for you. Your problem is you think you understand me and where I'm coming from. Ron Paul supporters turn you off and so do Gary Johnson supporters. Sorry to hear that. I never mention anything like that in Regards to Romney or Obama supporters just saying. Please find some of your old post and put them up. I want you to prove me wrong so I can apologize and you can feel better about yourself. You still have that attitude though which says a lot about your character. What turns you off about their supporters? You call it a shame but I think it's because maybe you see them as a threat. You claim your not a neo-con but I sense a little right wing in you that at times likes to show it's face. I mean more power to you if that's your forte. LIVE FREE GenSenca. I insist. :)

I was a registered Libertarian for many years.
They just have never become anything close to a serious party at all.
You miss out on other primaries if you are registered as such.
Pragmatism demands you register in the "big" party closest to your ideology.
You can always support anything you like.
Parties have limited use for anything really.

Werbung:
I was a registered Libertarian for many years.
They just have never become anything close to a serious party at all.
You miss out on other primaries if you are registered as such.
Pragmatism demands you register in the "big" party closest to your ideology.
You can always support anything you like.
Parties have limited use for anything really.

I see...

Back