GOP loses two more ridiculous court cases

Popeye

This time in PA as two more attempts at GOP voter suppression are halted. I think the ACORN ruling is the key one....

Can't the Republicans win on the issues? Why the ongoing efforts to suppress turnout every election? Of course, I'm asking questions I already know the answer to.

A Pennsylvania state judge Thursday effectively left it up to the counties to decide if voters can wear partisan attire to the polls and refused to clamp down on the voter registration group ACORN as the state Republican Party had sought.

Simpson refused the state Republican Party's request to force ACORN to turn over a list of the 140,000 Pennsylvania voters it says it has registered and to order the community activist group to air public-service announcements reminding first-time voters that they must bring identification to the polls.

Simpson, who presided over a nearly eight-hour hearing on the GOP lawsuit Wednesday, said he was not convinced that the party and its fellow individual plaintiffs can prove their allegations that ACORN is fostering voter-registration fraud and that the state's election system lacks the safeguards to stop it.

ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring said the group was pleased with the judge's ruling.

''To date the court has seen through the ridiculous assertion about voter fraud in Pennsylvania, and has seen this suit for what it is, an attempt at voter suppression,'' he said.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a6_acorn.6654000oct31,0,4618507.story

Werbung:
The bringing in of any campaign material into or near polling places, even on clothes, is ILLEGAL in almost any state, and for good reasons, it's not ridiculous. Either the judge is a wacko lib, or pennsylvania is a rare exception.

And any judge except one with a banana republic mentality would clamp down on a dangerous outfit like ACORN - if their actions aren't fraudulent, at least they are seriously harming the election process by negligently not checking for the phony registrations brought in by the thousands by their obamabots.

Can you detect the scent of it drifting in the breeze? It's the smell of Republican panic.

The bringing in of any campaign material into or near polling places, even on clothes, is ILLEGAL in almost any state, and for good reasons, it's not ridiculous. Either the judge is a wacko lib, or pennsylvania is a rare exception.

And any judge except one with a banana republic mentality would clamp down on a dangerous outfit like ACORN - if their actions aren't fraudulent, at least they are seriously harming the election process by negligently not checking for the phony registrations brought in by the thousands by their obamabots.

you need to read up on election law I think. its called freedom of speach. If you are not simply voting, and not activily campaigning ( provided you are within the set distance set by the state) then you are legal in most states. It has nothing to do with liberal you .......you can have on a McCain shirt as well..

I guess Free speech is a liberal idea now? well I for one will take it if you guys ton want to support it anymore.

Can you detect the scent of it drifting in the breeze? It's the smell of Republican panic.

Uh, this is getting old - the more clueless obamabots around here now "respond" to any argument with the tiresome "panic" crapola - get a new line.

Werbung:
you need to read up on election law I think. its called freedom of speach. If you are not simply voting, and not activily campaigning ( provided you are within the set distance set by the state) then you are legal in most states. It has nothing to do with liberal you .......you can have on a McCain shirt as well..

I guess Free speech is a liberal idea now? well I for one will take it if you guys ton want to support it anymore.

YOU are the one who should read up - eg

Michigan election workers can continue to enforce rules against displaying campaign material, including hats and T-shirts emblazoned with a candidate’s name, inside polling places, a federal judge in Detroit ruled today.

U.S. District Judge Patrick Duggan said rules set by the Secretary of State banning the materials were reasonable and neutral in light of the secretary’s duty to conduct orderly elections.

http://freep.com/article/20081028/NEWS15/81028081/0/NEWS01

And free speech a LIBERAL issue????? :D

BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK

Back