Greatest Living Conservatives

Thanks for all your kind and considerate replies.

All I can say is, I love Jeff Beck.

A little known factoid - His great jam Going Down was written about liberals...

Here he is with the Great One Stevie Ray...another great conservative.

Gee.....no Vets???????? :rolleyes:
wood2.jpg

"I was raised in a family of American Communists and so I knew a lot about Capitalism and Communism. The song attempts to put blame for the war upon the politicians and leaders of the US military and upon the industry that makes its money from war but not upon those who had to fight the war ... the soldiers."

Back to your air-guitar, Gip.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
Seriously,
No mention at all of

Bobby Jindal
Sarah Palin
George Bush
Cheney was mentioned
Pawlenty
Gingrich
The Governator
Ron Paul
Anybody but media personalities?

I mean come on? Is there not a living Conservative worthy of mention on your list that has actually held office or been active in politics more than shouting from a soap box?
I really hope for America that the Conservative movement has not been reduced to that.

Ron Paul is a libertarian more than he is anything else.
The Governator ? Not exactly conservative.
Bush II ? More conservative thatn Arnold but with serious flaws (Medicare Rx).
Newt ? He needs to get past being dem lite. But he's brilliant.

Seriously,
No mention at all of

Bobby Jindal : IDK
Sarah Palin : Populist
George Bush : Progressive Republican
Cheney : Most Conservative on this list
Pawlenty : IDK
Gingrich : Progressive Republican
The Governator : Progressive Republican
Ron Paul : Libertarian

The fact that Progressive Republicans are confused for Conservatives is one of the serious problems facing the Conservative movement. George Bush for example, he called himself a conservative rather than correctly identifying himself as a Progressive Republican, hence the reason Conservatism takes it on the chin when his Progressive policies failed. Its worth noting that his progressive policies were continued under the current "Progressive" administration.

Bunz, there simply are no well known Conservative leaders in politics, at least none who are actually conservative in deed and not just word.

Seriously,
No mention at all of

Bobby Jindal
Sarah Palin
George Bush
Cheney was mentioned
Pawlenty
Gingrich
The Governator
Ron Paul
Anybody but media personalities?

I mean come on? Is there not a living Conservative worthy of mention on your list that has actually held office or been active in politics more than shouting from a soap box?
I really hope for America that the Conservative movement has not been reduced to that.
Hell....who are the (real) Conservatives, anymore? :confused:

Lately, the new-"conservatives" tried to sell John McCain...who (obviously/voluntarily) bought-into playing the dancing-monkey, for the NeoCons (mostly 'cause he seemingly-felt entitled to be next-in-line, for the Presidency)...

medium_ThumbsUpObama_McCain_Oratory_Meye.JPG

......much like Bob Dole (back, when the NeoCons made him the sacrificial-lamb, against Bill Clinton)....

300KempAPEricDraper.jpg

What Republican has picked-up the Conservative-mantle.....since Eisenhower?????

"Our people expect their President and the Congress to find essential agreement on issues of great moment, the wise resolution of which will better shape the future of the Nation.

In this final relationship, the Congress and the Administration have, on most vital issues, cooperated well, to serve the national good rather than mere partisanship, and so have assured that the business of the Nation should go forward. So, my official relationship with the Congress ends in a feeling, on my part, of gratitude that we have been able to do so much together."​

people like Rush dont have to get votes so they dont have to cave on things they believe in.
....Like his latest-hustle (at any-given-time).....

"Sanders says that privately, Limbaugh was very sensitive and caring man, but that he was furiously angry that KFBK, the top 40 radio station he worked while still in high school would not offer him a full time job.

"He was furious about that," said Sanders, "And he often told me that he was really going to show them."

But the header was Greatest living conservative

people like Rush dont have to get votes so they dont have to cave on
things they believe in.

All of the politicians you named have had to cave at one point or another
conservative values to compromise with other politicians, thus making them
not the greatest conservatives. Though I think everyone on your list are fine conservatives.
Precisely. It's easy to TALK a big game.
.....And, much-more SAFE!!!!!

080116rush.jpg

Missed opportunity: Vietnam War

Excuse: Anal cysts

Just a nice light topic to get the blood moving on this the first day of the year in which Liberalism dies...

My top five are:

1. Rush
  2. Ann Coulter
  3. Walter Williams
  4. Thomas Sowell
  5. ...and the ever outstanding Glenn Beck.

I must insist that Dick Cheney be added to the list just under MR.RUSH!!
Then add Rep. JOE WILSON from S.C., Gov. PERRY from TEXAS,
PLUS , I must ,in all modesty, add my "screen name " "ALWAYS" to this list. If one was to know my true given name I would be very near the top.
KENYA guess who?
Not for just an Hour , Not for just a DAY, Not for just a YEAR but ALWAYS!!
define MODESTY=freedom from conceit or vanity-----Thats me!! "ALWAYS"

The fact that Progressive Republicans are confused for Conservatives is one of the serious problems facing the Conservative movement.
....Especially when you try to sell the term Progressive.

progressive: making use of or interested in new ideas, findings, or opportunities.

....Especially when you try to sell the term Progressive.​

progressive: making use of or interested in new ideas, findings, or opportunities.​

hum...
wonder why the so-called progressive polititians are all stuck on old failed ideas then ? probably just because they rendered the "liberal" moniker an albatross.

Werbung:
Back