Idiot Leftist protests

I date say many of us on the left think that at least 16% on the Right was very wacky. For example, 44% of people, presumably Rightists, don't believe in Evolution. Not to mention how many people are Young Earth Creationists.

You make a good point samsara... what's "wacky" is often in the eye of the beholder.

And it doesn't have to be some necessarily hateful concept either.

It can be as you've said something as bizarre as the Creationist beliefs. I mean come on... all the dinosaurs were on the ARK??? Tyrannosaurus Rex roamed the earth with man????? The earth is only like 12 thousand years old... OH PLEASE...:rolleyes:

When I hear some of these things I seriously think TALIBAN! Because there are those right here in America so locked into some old world religious indoctrination that they'd forgo all science just to not have to accept the fact they've been living an ancient deception... or a newer one like Creationism.

Don't get me going on Creationists!:D

Werbung:
I read a couple of your posts on this subject and was glad to see you did acknowledge that there are fringe groups on both sides.

But the thing I see when I look at this type of thread is what I call... kicking the dog. It's meant as an attack on the larger group which in turn causes that side to do the same type of overreaching in the opposite direction to achieve what is perceived as balance.

Really an unfortunate snowball effect I think.

I of course can't agree with you when you say Liberals only "pretend" to care for the poor. I think that's an unfortunate choice of words. The fact is if Conservatives had their way ALL help for the needy would require some type of massive suckling at the "church" tit. And as our country has done that in the past when there were millions less poor we know that can't even begin to handle even a tiny fraction of the real need.

Have there ever been abuses of the system... sure. There will always be some abuses in social programs, the church system, whatever.

But I can assure you Liberals as a group DO CARE DEEPLY & GENUINELY for those in need. And there are Conservatives that do as well. They simply may prefer to take different avenues to help.

It's fine to point at printing money as a bad thing just like I could say giving for a tax deduction is actually reducing the money the government has on hand to help... one might want to give for givings sake and not for some other gain.

But whatever you believe this part is clear. A hungry child or a homeless family need the food or shelter NOW... not later when someone or some groups vision of ideal economic times conditions materialize.

Helping the poor requires people & products, housing & healthcare. Those things cost money.

As far as debt (which I believe is what you're referring to when you say printing money) there can be cuts in things but both sides see there things as ultimately important which from a political strand point makes things EXTREMELY difficult.

There are times when things are good... for instance when President Clinton left office with a growing surplus. We're in a different time now after spending $12 Billion Dollars a month in Iraq for 7-8 years combined with our already climbing costs in absolutely essential programs like Social Security & Medicare... and then comes the economic meltdown with housing, the banking sector and then the domestic auto manufacturers.

But as I think of things this Memorial Day and think of all those who gave their lives so others can survive to figure out the problems and find new ways to do better. We will.

I stand convicted and will have to strive to change my ways.

That last cartoon is bad, no question about it.

I'm confused, though. How is hanging Nancy Pelosi in effigy a liberal protest? I thought she was the arch liberal?:confused:

However, your point is well taken: There are nut cases from the "left" and from the "right". There most likely are some from the middle, too.

(a lot of posts in between. I was referring to the shot monkey cartoon. Of course, some of the others are pretty bad, too.)

That last cartoon is bad, no question about it.

I'm confused, though. How is hanging Nancy Pelosi in effigy a liberal protest? I thought she was the arch liberal?:confused:

However, your point is well taken: There are nut cases from the "left" and from the "right". There most likely are some from the middle, too.

(a lot of posts in between. I was referring to the shot monkey cartoon. Of course, some of the others are pretty bad, too.)

The monkey cartoon is odd to me because I never saw the racist aspect. I had always thought it had to do with saying the stimulus bill was so dumb, it was something a monkey came up with. After all, Obama didn't write the steal from us bill, congress did.

That wasn't a picture of Nacy Pelosi being hung... it was Sarah Palin, and above her, Bush burning in a fire.

The monkey cartoon is odd to me because I never saw the racist aspect. I had always thought it had to do with saying the stimulus bill was so dumb, it was something a monkey came up with. After all, Obama didn't write the steal from us bill, congress did.

That wasn't a picture of Nacy Pelosi being hung... it was Sarah Palin, and above her, Bush burning in a fire.

Oh. That makes more sense, in a kind of odd way. Hanging Sarah Palin in effigy makes no sense, of course, but it is more understandable than "liberals" hanging one of their own.

Maybe the monkey cartoon was saying what you think, or that may have been the intention. It didn't come out very well, though, and yes, it was Congress who wrote the stealfromus bill.

Maybe the intent was to portray Congress as having monkeylike intelligence?

The left and the right both have their wackos. Any protest will include a number of wackos. I just don't think the left would want to have a contest to see who could list the most wackos attending one side or the other.
Who needs a list, when the Freepers & Dead-O-Heads are the more-obvious ones??

get_a_brain_morans.jpg

Idiocy knows no political or ideological boundaries. Or any other boundaries for that matter.

Werbung:
Back