IL problems

Unite Our Nation

Is anyone but me shocked that there is yet another governor in IL who is corrupt?? :eek:

Truly makes you wonder what our politicians get away with???? :mad:

In the "game" called U.S Politics, the politicians are "winning" over their opponets, the citizens.

Werbung:
No responses to this amazingly corrupt politician??? No one cares?

People only care when a Republican does it, especially since house repairs are much worse than selling a Senate seat. I noticed no one managed to comment on Rangel either.

Yeah, I was thinking of Rangel earlier too! There is much more involved in addition to selling a Senate Seat...as if that isn't enough!!! :eek:

Emanuel has been involved with this Governor. Makes one wonder just how far the corruption goes doesn't it?

this thread wont get many reply's from the dems here. I would though have been posted within moments of breaking had the gov had an R behind his name.

I saw the same stuff with NY gov

so far its been interesting though, obama said today he never talked to the gov and he never talked to the gov about who would get the appointment to his seat, but two weeks ago axelrod (spelling) said on the news that obama had talked to the gov and did talk about who would get the senate seat.

we shall see how this plays out.

one thing is for sure, this Gov is not the man Obama knew.......

If this turns out to be true, not only is it disgraceful, but simply idiotic for him to approach his office this way. I guess we will see how the rest of it turns out, but the fact he was actually arrested and required bail is quite telling.
It sounds like they have him on tape, and probably quite a solid case. I wonder what sort of warrant they had for those wire taps? Did he get caught by the "patriot" act?

Either way, I hope the people of various states wake up, and pass measures that make senate replacements go through a special election. These special appointments are often bogus insider favors.

"one thing is for sure, this Gov is not the man Obama knew......."

Why would you say that? Also, how could he not be the same man? I don't understand your statement. Perhaps he didn't show this side of himself to obama? (I am not saying that obama was involved in any way)

If the patriot act catches criminals trying to use the American public like this, I hope we keep it!!!! The Feds are welcome to tape me anytime. I don't do anything illegal. If they do, they'd better put an XXX rating on it when I'm cooing to my studmuffin!! LOL *giggle*

"one thing is for sure, this Gov is not the man Obama knew......."

Why would you say that? Also, how could he not be the same man? I don't understand your statement. Perhaps he didn't show this side of himself to obama? (I am not saying that obama was involved in any way)
While I dont want to speak for Obamanation, I believe she was making reference to Rev. Wright.
If the patriot act catches criminals trying to use the American public like this, I hope we keep it!!!! The Feds are welcome to tape me anytime. I don't do anything illegal. If they do, they'd better put an XXX rating on it when I'm cooing to my studmuffin!! LOL *giggle*
My issue is that the patriot act was put in place to catch terrorists and "keep us safe".
The problems with these warrantless wiretaps, is that in America, usually an investigation starts with a crime, not targeting someone and then looking for a crime.
Also, various statements can be taken out of context, meaning that if you and I are talking on the phone, and I say I cant stand person x and that sometimes what they say makes me want to "kill em." In response to my joke, or vast overstatement, you reply along the lines of "yeah I hear that"

With a overzealous prosecutor, we have just committed conspiracy for murder. Now it might not hold up in front of a jury, it still could cause a huge legal hassle and a very embarrassing situation.

Bunz, good idea! It seems our politicians can't be trusted at all these days!!

Alaskans learned this the hard way. Back in 2002, then US Senator Frank Murkowski was elected Alaska Governor. After much speculation and name dropping of various people he would appoint as his replacement to the Senate. None of them mentioned were his own daughter Lisa, in fact he said she was not on the short list.

Well on the final day before the deadline to make the appointment, guess what? he appointed Lisa. Much to the displeasure of Alaskans, who as a whole are fiercely independant and frown upon such blatant nepetism.

So by ballot measure passed by Alaskans, any congressional delegation vacancy is to be filled not by direct appointment, but by special election.

"My issue is that the patriot act was put in place to catch terrorists and "keep us safe".

I believe that we as a Nation must give up some of our privacy in order to stay safe and alive. Mumbai is the latest reminder.

"The problems with these warrantless wiretaps, is that in America, usually an investigation starts with a crime, not targeting someone and then looking for a crime."

In this instance it didn't. Clearly, they were watching the IL Governor.

"Also, various statements can be taken out of context, meaning that if you and I are talking on the phone, and I say I cant stand person x and that sometimes what they say makes me want to "kill em." In response to my joke, or vast overstatement, you reply along the lines of "yeah I hear that" "

How likely do you think this is? Clearly, this is a matter of "weighing" the consequences...death to many innocent civilians to giving up some privacy.

I vote strongly for giving up some privacy and to take the chance of being misunderstood as your example above shows!

I believe that we as a Nation must give up some of our privacy in order to stay safe and alive. Mumbai is the latest reminder.
I could not disagree more. I believe that we as citizens need to maintain our way of life and keep our rights and even expand them to include a specific right to privacy. The mantra has long been that we dont "negotiate with terrorists" but at the same time, when an attack is pulled off, we spend trillions of dollars in response to a single event, and justify a foreign occuption that has killed more Americans than the original event.
But more importantly than money spent and a body count is that we keep being Americans full speed ahead and dont let our own government undermine the liberties of the governed citizens.
In this instance it didn't. Clearly, they were watching the IL Governor.
Why? I dont know yet, but if they were just routinely monitoring him, because of his status as a public official is entirely unamerican as far as I am concerned. But I dont know the details just yet, but I would like to know what triggered the survelance.
How likely do you think this is? Clearly, this is a matter of "weighing" the consequences...death to many innocent civilians to giving up some privacy.
Not likely in the cheesy scenario provided, but there are plenty of examples of personal agenda/political aspiration driven prosecutors out there that have gone after individuals, on questionable charges. A good example would be the guy in the Duke Lacrosse rape case.
I vote strongly for giving up some privacy and to take the chance of being misunderstood as your example above shows!
Then you are letting fear and terror control your life and government. You are letting thier actions have an effect and that effect is much more likely to cause further attacks. If we responded this way to 9-11...

If this turns out to be true, not only is it disgraceful, but simply idiotic for him to approach his office this way. I guess we will see how the rest of it turns out, but the fact he was actually arrested and required bail is quite telling.
It sounds like they have him on tape, and probably quite a solid case. I wonder what sort of warrant they had for those wire taps? Did he get caught by the "patriot" act?

Either way, I hope the people of various states wake up, and pass measures that make senate replacements go through a special election. These special appointments are often bogus insider favors.

Apparently he has been under investigation since 2004 for corruption. The "patriot" act is not involved. The wiretaps were signed off on by a Federal judge.

People only care when a Republican does it, especially since house repairs are much worse than selling a Senate seat. I noticed no one managed to comment on Rangel either.

actuly I care, I just have this thing called a job that I was at all day. But I hope they throw him out, and clean some house. Its part of a long history of things like this in chi, and I am willing to be not the last time we see something like it. But I hope they make sure he does good time if guilty ( and it would seem he is)

Werbung:
actuly I care, I just have this thing called a job that I was at all day. But I hope they throw him out, and clean some house. Its part of a long history of things like this in chi, and I am willing to be not the last time we see something like it. But I hope they make sure he does good time if guilty ( and it would seem he is)

Don't we all.

Further, Pelosi has been covering up for Rangel for a long time, and we have heard hardly a peep about it on this board.

I do agree however, that he needs to go to jail for awhile if convicted.

Back