Its offical I think I have made my choice for President this year

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
most of you will not be shocked, but I am not 99.8 percent on Obama side now. I could go on about all the reasons Obama drew me to him, but realy he did not, I like him but none of my issues have yet be resolved with him yet. I hope his VP choice will do that. But rather McCain has more and more shown me to be the type of Republican I grew to hate , rather then the good Republican who I trusted to be better then that for the last few years. With his attacks on Obama caring more about Polics then the troops, his retarded Paris Hilton.Spears ads....the fact that I liked him for his miliary and policy experiance in those areas,...and yet I spent alot of time trying to deffend the dumb ass things he said about them, makes me less and less confident he realy knows as much as he should on those issues.

I still would kill to see Biden win

Biden/Hagel would be a great ticked to see run independant :)

Werbung:
most of you will not be shocked, but I am not 99.8 percent on Obama side now. I could go on about all the reasons Obama drew me to him, but realy he did not, I like him but none of my issues have yet be resolved with him yet. I hope his VP choice will do that. But rather McCain has more and more shown me to be the type of Republican I grew to hate , rather then the good Republican who I trusted to be better then that for the last few years. With his attacks on Obama caring more about Polics then the troops, his retarded Paris Hilton.Spears ads....the fact that I liked him for his miliary and policy experiance in those areas,...and yet I spent alot of time trying to deffend the dumb ass things he said about them, makes me less and less confident he realy knows as much as he should on those issues.

My dad has been saying the same type things as of late, which could be a worrying trend among independents.

That said, in my own personal opinion I would rather vote for a guy who may be just more politics as usual, than a guy who will raise taxes and spending to never before seen levels so that we can all go down together. :p

My dad has been saying the same type things as of late, which could be a worrying trend among independents.

That said, in my own personal opinion I would rather vote for a guy who may be just more politics as usual, than a guy who will raise taxes and spending to never before seen levels so that we can all go down together. :p

raise taxes for never before seen levels? you do know that the tax rate for the richest use to be like 90% right? and Obama has talked some tax cuts for most Americans....

And I will take taxes, a smarter fought war on terror, better leadership, and someone who can inspire rather then just bash the other guy. I was always more in line with Obama on Policy but I always liked McCain so much and a put a great deal on people who know Foreign affairs well.

Bush I think was the one of the worst leaders we have ever had, and we had some bad ones. But I still wanted to give McCain a chance after years of Respect for him....He has done nothing but give me reason to question what I thought about him all this time. I was willing to overlook some deep disagreement on issues becuse I thought he was better then the stuff he has done as of late, and becuse I knew he seemed like the type that would in fact side against those on the right I felt hijacted the party. I guess I was wrong.

raise taxes for never before seen levels? you do know that the tax rate for the richest use to be like 90% right? and Obama has talked some tax cuts for most Americans....

I must clarify, this came out wrong. I meant that he would increase spending to huge levels, not put taxes on the rich back to 90%.

I know that he has talked tax cuts for many people, the Bush tax cuts helped many people as well, but I think all his spending increases and corporate increase and capital gains etc will negate any real savings that any average American will get.

And I will take taxes, a smarter fought war on terror, better leadership, and someone who can inspire rather then just bash the other guy. I was always more in line with Obama on Policy but I always liked McCain so much and a put a great deal on people who know Foreign affairs well.

I think that Bush has done an OK job fighting the war on terror. Iraq was a mistake, but pulling out is an even bigger mistake. And we are now winning the war and could come away with a victory.

That said I am upset that Obama says the surge did not work and instead points to the Sunni Awakening in Anbar. What he neglects to tell you though, is that before the Sunni Awakening in Anbar, we surged an extra brigade in the area. (before the actual surge)

This set the stage for a trial run of what the surge could bring about. So when it was a success, the surge was the right move, and it did work.

Bush I think was the one of the worst leaders we have ever had, and we had some bad ones. But I still wanted to give McCain a chance after years of Respect for him....He has done nothing but give me reason to question what I thought about him all this time. I was willing to overlook some deep disagreement on issues becuse I thought he was better then the stuff he has done as of late, and becuse I knew he seemed like the type that would in fact side against those on the right I felt hijacted the party. I guess I was wrong.

I disagree on Bush being the worst leader, and I respect your opinions on McCain, I just disagree with them. I think McCain has had to back off many of his earlier positions because if he held on to them he would never win the election, and that would do no Republican any good.

I must clarify, this came out wrong. I meant that he would increase spending to huge levels, not put taxes on the rich back to 90%.

I know that he has talked tax cuts for many people, the Bush tax cuts helped many people as well, but I think all his spending increases and corporate increase and capital gains etc will negate any real savings that any average American will get.

I think that Bush has done an OK job fighting the war on terror. Iraq was a mistake, but pulling out is an even bigger mistake. And we are now winning the war and could come away with a victory.

That said I am upset that Obama says the surge did not work and instead points to the Sunni Awakening in Anbar. What he neglects to tell you though, is that before the Sunni Awakening in Anbar, we surged an extra brigade in the area. (before the actual surge)

This set the stage for a trial run of what the surge could bring about. So when it was a success, the surge was the right move, and it did work.

I disagree on Bush being the worst leader, and I respect your opinions on McCain, I just disagree with them. I think McCain has had to back off many of his earlier positions because if he held on to them he would never win the election, and that would do no Republican any good.

The surge was the right move, it was the right move from the start about 3 years before bush did it...SHould have sent 100,000 more in the first place, but he was retarded and fired people who suggested that. I though Iraq was a potental huge mistake if not done very carfuly and going all out, Bush did just about evrything that I said we could not do if we went in. I never said never go in, but I had conditions to going in.

The surge worked but the Sunni going after Al Quida was a huge huge thing, and it was pre surge. And alot of the fighting stoped becuse honestly they killed or pushed out all the people in there areas to others . And the thing is that it does not matter if we want to stay, Iraq has been clear we need to get out soon. And staying only can take back what we have gained. If we never leave we never win. the idea that pulling out now is saying we lost is Bull, fact is we will pull out, and if there ever was a time its now. WE need to let Iraq get on to the next part of its life without Saddam, and so long as we stay it cant do that. I said from the start that we needed to get the job done, and I did not care how bad it got if we could salvage something still we owed it to Iraq to stay...but that time has passed and we did all we can for them, start the slow move out of Iraq. Bush and McCain know it as well, the "Horizon" is the cheap name fore timetable cuz they cant say it after they bashed them before.

and as for backing off to get republican votes, well he is free to do that, but he lost my vote for it. The the price you pay for going playing the independent guy then sucking up to the Right wing nuts.

Obama isn't electable. You may be sure you'll vote for him today, although my gut instinct tells me this thread is yet another "Obama really is electable...so please don't nominate Hillary"...:cool:

When the lunging and foaming Sinclair story is finally let off its chain to sink its teeth in, Obama (and the democratic hope for the Whitehouse) is finished.

A prelude to that from the conservatives themselves released last month. The lights are dimming and the stage is set...

"...The Main Stream Media has taken a huge shopping spree, buying up everything offered in the Obama Cover-up Store! They have bought into the lies and smears, lock, stock and barrell, without looking into the facts, without asking a single question, or showing a modicum of respect to an American, Larry Sinclair, who bravely asked that the truth be told. The Main Stream Media is as guilty as Obama when it comes to the cover-up of this story! Shame on them!

Over the 4th of July, I saw a program on an Italian fireworks master and how those displays were created. I saw the Boston barge loaded with the show, ready for the celebration. It is amazing stuff. Couldn't help thinking about the explosion that is going to happen when a decent Investigative Reporter takes all the information that Larry Sinclair has made available and writes, really writes, this story..." Source: http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/33164.html

Again, Obama will be portrayed as homosexual and using drugs, and even possibly linked to murder, though I think Obama's spinmasters can fend that last charge off with "random hate crime" excuses and multiple race card playing.

When it's shown he is homosexual and using crack, he's done with about 85% of the people who are "like you" currently leaning in his direction. Working class numbers will be grim. His hopes for a win...in the commode.

Obama isn't electable. You may be sure you'll vote for him today, although my gut instinct tells me this thread is yet another "Obama really is electable...so please don't nominate Hillary"...:cool:

What, you think Hillary still has a chance to be nominated? By all means. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Yeah I used to think people like Obama couldn't get elected. Then after Bore 2000, Clinton's two terms, and Carter prior to Reagan, I fairly convinced that as long as they are scummy, stupid, or comatose, they can get elected.

Again, Obama will be portrayed as homosexual and using drugs, and even possibly linked to murder, though I think Obama's spinmasters can fend that last charge off with "random hate crime" excuses and multiple race card playing.

When it's shown he is homosexual and using crack, he's done with about 85% of the people who are "like you" currently leaning in his direction. Working class numbers will be grim. His hopes for a win...in the commode.

You are not seriously suggesting he's homosexual or using crack, are you?

Andy wrote:
You are not seriously suggesting he's homosexual or using crack, are you?

Sihouette- Notice you Andy purposely tries to lead you astray from your message. Don't cooperate with him when he does that and he will stop usually. Andy knows that you are talking about trumped up charges as well as anyone here.

I'm of course very glad with your decision to give Senator Obama a chance.

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. We put someone in the White House with serious intelligence and a desire to work things out especially while the Congress is also Blue and we will get big positive movement and good things done for this country! I truly believe that!

Two things really come to my mind every time when it comes to John McCain.

#1) Man if he were just half the man he was back in 2000 and had stuck with half the positions he had back then railing against the Bush administration it just wouldn't be as scary as now.

#2) And I mean no disrespect at all. I am not being ageist or kidding around here. John McCain is not even close to the top of his mental or physical game. I know I kid about McCain's age a lot and I know the age sharpness thing is just starting to show a little.

But I talk a lot about that because this is just the beginning. No one gets "more" mentally sharp in there 70's and 80's. He's lost a step and the last thing America needs with all our many serious problems is a Bush Republican Party "handling" him. We'll never get anything done and things might actually get worse.

Anyway... that's my serious no BS take on McCain.

Joe Biden... what a great guy. And I really mean that... what a great down to earth & intelligent guy! Would make a great President or anything else he gets a chance to do. I know Biden & Obama are super close friends. It's a shame Biden comes from a solid Blue State already because that probably hurts his chances for VP.

Maybe Secretary of State!!!

When the lunging and foaming Sinclair story is finally let off its chain to sink its teeth in, Obama (and the democratic hope for the Whitehouse) is finished.

A prelude to that from the conservatives themselves released last month. The lights are dimming and the stage is set...

I stopped reading when you had to go to the lame coke and gay sex story again....Sorry I like GlobalSecurity.org for news, not the National Enquire and Weekly Wold News. Gutter Politics is all you have then you have nothing,

I'm of course very glad with your decision to give Senator Obama a chance.

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. We put someone in the White House with serious intelligence and a desire to work things out especially while the Congress is also Blue and we will get big positive movement and good things done for this country! I truly believe that!

Two things really come to my mind every time when it comes to John McCain.

#1) Man if he were just half the man he was back in 2000 and had stuck with half the positions he had back then railing against the Bush administration it just wouldn't be as scary as now.

#2) And I mean no disrespect at all. I am not being ageist or kidding around here. John McCain is not even close to the top of his mental or physical game. I know I kid about McCain's age a lot and I know the age sharpness thing is just starting to show a little.

But I talk a lot about that because this is just the beginning. No one gets "more" mentally sharp in there 70's and 80's. He's lost a step and the last thing America needs with all our many serious problems is a Bush Republican Party "handling" him. We'll never get anything done and things might actually get worse.

Anyway... that's my serious no BS take on McCain.

Joe Biden... what a great guy. And I really mean that... what a great down to earth & intelligent guy! Would make a great President or anything else he gets a chance to do. I know Biden & Obama are super close friends. It's a shame Biden comes from a solid Blue State already because that probably hurts his chances for VP.

Maybe Secretary of State!!!

Biden I think is the kinda man who can win over Red States as well though even if not from there, His real strait talk ( to steal from McCain) and I don't care who the Republicans have, they will not be able to attack his knowledge on security, International Relations ect...and he also I think is someone middle class working whites even in the south would feel understood them. I think Chuck Hagal makes a good Sec of State for Obama, a Republican so you get some other views, but on the issues related to that Job I think he and Obama are very much in step.

But the truth is that the "never before seen spending levels" is EXACTLY what George Bush and the Republicans gave us! It's the Republicans that did that. They are now the Party of "BORROW & SPEND"... yes that's just a documented fact.

There's a lot of money in government. The main key is "how" it is spent.

Democrats will push for balanced budgets and "pay as you go" again. That's a very good thing for bringing down our deficit and it's been proven to work before.

Getting out of the massive bleeding off of American tax payer money (now & later) down the toilet in Iraq is a big windfall. Adding some troops to look for terrorists in Afghanistan is peanuts in comparison.

Finding some compromise on Healthcare. Whether it's a true National Healthcare System or some major overhaul of the current system... or a combination... it needs to be done. And it will only be done if it lowers the individual Americans costs.

Working on an energy plan that is ahead not behind the curve. Believe it or not it's my belief Senator Obama might actually bring one nuclear power plant online and open up some more drill sites. But only while telling us the truth that oil is not the answer and investing heavily on the fast track for alternative sources and very, very good efficiency especially for our transportation needs.

Will taxes get raised? Yes. The Bush tax cuts will be rolled back and if you're making $250,000 a year your taxes are definitely going back up. That's the truth.

But overall why would anybody want to just sit here and wallow in what we have today... which regardless of all of John McCain's many claims is exactly what Big Oil and the Republicans with John McCain as a figure head will do... is just a plain & simple bad deal.

Biden I think is the kinda man who can win over Red States as well though even if not from there, His real strait talk ( to steal from McCain) and I don't care who the Republicans have, they will not be able to attack his knowledge on security, International Relations ect...and he also I think is someone middle class working whites even in the south would feel understood them. I think Chuck Hagal makes a good Sec of State for Obama, a Republican so you get some other views, but on the issues related to that Job I think he and Obama are very much in step.

YES

YES

and YES

:)

But the truth is that the "never before seen spending levels" is EXACTLY what George Bush and the Republicans gave us! It's the Republicans that did that. They are now the Party of "BORROW & SPEND"... yes that's just a documented fact.

There's a lot of money in government. The main key is "how" it is spent.

Democrats will push for balanced budgets and "pay as you go" again. That's a very good thing for bringing down our deficit and it's been proven to work before.

Getting out of the massive bleeding off of American tax payer money (now & later) down the toilet in Iraq is a big windfall. Adding some troops to look for terrorists in Afghanistan is peanuts in comparison.

Finding some compromise on Healthcare. Whether it's a true National Healthcare System or some major overhaul of the current system... or a combination... it needs to be done. And it will only be done if it lowers the individual Americans costs.

Working on an energy plan that is ahead not behind the curve. Believe it or not it's my belief Senator Obama might actually bring one nuclear power plant online and open up some more drill sites. But only while telling us the truth that oil is not the answer and investing heavily on the fast track for alternative sources and very, very good efficiency especially for our transportation needs.

Will taxes get raised? Yes. The Bush tax cuts will be rolled back and if you're making $250,000 a year your taxes are definitely going back up. That's the truth.

But overall why would anybody want to just sit here and wallow in what we have today... which regardless of all of John McCain's many claims is exactly what Big Oil and the Republicans with John McCain as a figure head will do... is just a plain & simple bad deal.

Great, so the solution is to elect Obama, who is will spend more than Bush. Good plan.

Werbung:

Let's talk voting strategy. What state are you in? I mean is it a dem state or a pub state? I suspect there is a way to vote to get what you want.

Back