Kansas to try to take Obama off of the ballot

PLC1

Staff member
Kansas State Board May Try To Take Obama’s Name Off The Ballot

Birtherism, the Frankenstein monster of contemporary American politics, has risen again in Kansas, where the secretary of state is arguing that President Obama‘s name could be taken off the ballot because there is not enough evidence about his birth. Kris Kobach, the Kansas Secretary of State, who happens to be an informal advisor for Mitt Romney‘s campaign, said it is not a “frivolous objection” to raise the birth certificate issue.

Just when I was beginning to think that that the election couldn't get any nuttier, something like this happens and proves me wrong.

Werbung:
The evidence we have is in favor of his being born in Hawaii. We could still pursue more evidence and it is a shame that we are not.

He should stay on the ballot if for no other reason than we all know the real reason someone wants to take him off the ballot is not to protect the constitutional principle of presidents being born in the US but because they just don't like his politics (of course there are many reasons to hate his politics but this does an end run around our system).

Regardless of what the reasons for the complaint are, it's either actionable or it's not. The basis of this complaint isn't that he was or wasn't born in Hawaii, it's because his father wasn't a citizen. He was a British subject.

The evidence we have is in favor of his being born in Hawaii. We could still pursue more evidence and it is a shame that we are not.

He should stay on the ballot if for no other reason than we all know the real reason someone wants to take him off the ballot is not to protect the constitutional principle of presidents being born in the US but because they just don't like his politics (of course there are many reasons to hate his politics but this does an end run around our system).
I disagree ...

The very reason he should be removed from the ballot in this case is exactly to protect the constitutional principle of presidents being born in the US. The "proof" Obama has provided that he was born in America is in dispute and with good reason.

This falsified birth certificate Obama has presented has been to court twice. Both times the case was thrown out over a technicality. Granted ... technically, this was a victory for Obama.

But, in both cases the plaintiff were not allowed to present their evidence of Obama's birth certificate being fraudulent because, again the case was thrown out on a different technicality.

In my opinion, and that of many Americans, this does not prove Obama was born in America. It only shows that he has presented a falsified birth certificate and has not had to answer to the accusations of it being fraudulent.

This is the highest office in America and should be protected and respected. An accusation such as this should absolutely be addressed to the fullest extent, especially considering a simple legal birth certificate is one of the easiest documents for American citizens to provide and show proof of. There is nothing complicated here.

I disagree ...

The very reason he should be removed from the ballot in this case is exactly to protect the constitutional principle of presidents being born in the US. The "proof" Obama has provided that he was born in America is in dispute and with good reason.

This falsified birth certificate Obama has presented has been to court twice. Both times the case was thrown out over a technicality. Granted ... technically, this was a victory for Obama.

But, in both cases the plaintiff were not allowed to present their evidence of Obama's birth certificate being fraudulent because, again the case was thrown out on a different technicality.

In my opinion, and that of many Americans, this does not prove Obama was born in America. It only shows that he has presented a falsified birth certificate and has not had to answer to the accusations of it being fraudulent.

This is the highest office in America and should be protected and respected. An accusation such as this should absolutely be addressed to the fullest extent, especially considering a simple legal birth certificate is one of the easiest documents for American citizens to provide and show proof of. There is nothing complicated here.

There are a lot of documents he could provide to show proof.

Besides the birth cert. (let's pretend HI screwed up and it went missing)
His college applications.
The state issuing his social security card should have the hand written application on file.
His selective service application.
His adoption papers.
His passport(s).

But he has decided to put all these documents under lock and key. Makes you wonder "what is he hiding"?

OK, so let's suppose that Obama was actually born in Kenya and provided a phony birth certificate.

Would that make Joe Biden president?

OK, so let's suppose that Obama was actually born in Kenya and provided a phony birth certificate.

Would that make Joe Biden president?

LOL....I guess that's how it would work.

I don't think anyone knows where Obama was born. I always wondered if he was born in WA state. That's where he and his mother showed up when he was barely two weeks old, when she started college. I know after my first born I could barely get out of my robe at two weeks, let alone take a baby to another state and have to get an apartment and find a sitter.

Werbung:
Back