Mass results are in....

Merging those bills was going to be all but impossible. Half the House hated the Senate version, and half the Senate hates the House version.

Additionally, Republicans have introduced reform legislation of their own, of course it will go nowhere, but it was at least introduced.

Right, BigRob. They HAVE introduced many reform proposals. But the Dems have been totally blocking them, with the MSM playing along with their cover line of the "Just Say No Republicans." It is absolutely shameful.

I've not heard one Republican in either the House or the Senate say anything close to "there are no problems, we don't need to do anything." Yet that is the incessant litany of the left. Sickening.

They are the true obstructionists. Lies upon lies, denial upon denial; that is what is resulting in the true problems of health care and insurance not be identified, addressed and solutions promoted. Disgusting.

Werbung:
But POS, it took them over 6 months to even get the Senate to a vote. There was no reason for that, other than the fact that what they were trying to put through is political suicide, and too many Dem Senators demanded a sweetheart deal to lay their head on the chopping block.

They had NO need of Republican cooperation. They only wanted it so that they could utilize their prime cover tactic by claiming it was "bi-partisan." They would not even let Republican proposals see the light of day for open discussion. They made it clear they did not need them to pass something, and to pass something with a filibuster-proof majority.

What was holding them up, more than anything, was the American people, and our very loud, consistent voices screaming NO! They still concoct excuses about that, but the truth is, if they choose to face it, they know this is NOT what the majority of Americans want. We do NOT want the looters stealing from the producers. We do NOT want the looting of our property, theft by legal fiat, going to the moochers who think nothing of taking what IS NOT THEIRS.

60 members of the Senate wore the "D" proudly, yet they could not get cooperation in their own family without special deals and nothing short of bribery. If these actions had occurred in the private sector, somebody would be facing prison. These scandalous and damaging actions must be stopped. Now.

Its alot harder to get 60 people to agree out of a 100...on a major bill, then it is to just say no to anything...thats the lucky part for the republicans.

Right, BigRob. They HAVE introduced many reform proposals. But the Dems have been totally blocking them, with the MSM playing along with their cover line of the "Just Say No Republicans." It is absolutely shameful.

I've not heard one Republican in either the House or the Senate say anything close to "there are no problems, we don't need to do anything." Yet that is the incessant litany of the left. Sickening.

They are the true obstructionists. Lies upon lies, denial upon denial; that is what is resulting in the true problems of health care and insurance not be identified, addressed and solutions promoted. Disgusting.

How nice of them, of course it was not much more then a cover so they could say we have something...of course they never pushed it, never made a big deal about it, never even showed they had any support in there own party for i. It was more important to yell Death Panals, and Death Book, and Commie then actuly push there own ideas. They had that plenty of time before to refrom the sytem, I saw nothing. Outside, we e need tort reform ( something I could support if done right) but they have no plan to cover evryone, and no plan to make it cheaper...they have nothing

The republican party will not care about getting health care to all, or at least most...unill the dead are stacking up in the streets. Thats how it looks to me, and I see no republicans doing anything to change that view.

How nice of them, of course it was not much more then a cover so they could say we have something...of course they never pushed it, never made a big deal about it, never even showed they had any support in there own party for i. It was more important to yell Death Panals, and Death Book, and Commie then actuly push there own ideas. They had that plenty of time before to refrom the sytem, I saw nothing. Outside, we e need tort reform ( something I could support if done right) but they have no plan to cover evryone, and no plan to make it cheaper...they have nothing

The republican party will not care about getting health care to all, or at least most...unill the dead are stacking up in the streets. Thats how it looks to me, and I see no republicans doing anything to change that view.

we supposedly dont have health care for all now so where are the piles of cadavers ? this hyperbole does not aid your argument.

if you were to stick to the issue, that health care costs are out of control, then perhaps there is a path to true bipartisan reform.

as is stands, the left has axes to grind on this group or that (pharma or the ins biz for example) and the right has to add more to their quiver than tort reform (although that is big).

but agreeing on what the disease is as opposed to the symptoms is the first step.

Merging those bills was going to be all but impossible. Half the House hated the Senate version, and half the Senate hates the House version.

Additionally, Republicans have introduced reform legislation of their own, of course it will go nowhere, but it was at least introduced.

Then let's just make it all as simplistic as possible; if the elected officials can't make all of our health care as good as they have {all federal employees included in this} then nobody gets a free ride and everyone has to pay for their health care straight across the board.

Nobody on my tax dollar gets any prepaid health insurance...NO HOW, NO WAY...NADA/ZIP...now that would be a huge improvement over what we have currently and that would save millions of our tax dollars and at least put me on the same page {not happy, I'll still would not have any good health care} but at least we would indeed be all equal in that ISSUE!

That sounds good--I'd go for that.

po folks cant afford that class of insurance. they probably cant afford bare bones either.

well, of course they can afford whatever they want to afford but a bare bones costing 6k or so is a big bite out of 30-40k in salary.

What I was going for was getting rid of government-provided insurance for all government employees--let 'em pay for it out of their own pockets.

po folks cant afford that class of insurance. they probably cant afford bare bones either.

well, of course they can afford whatever they want to afford but a bare bones costing 6k or so is a big bite out of 30-40k in salary.

Bi-Jov...I do believe that you've finally figured it ALL OUT:cool:

What the health care reform is supposed to be about. HOORAH-you've finally arrived to the place of enlightenment and open mindedness!
{heavy sigh} If the PO-FOLKS can't afford it and all of our elected officials are getting it by our tax dollars then this needs to STOP & STOP RIGHT NOW! Seems very simplistic to this PO-FOLK ;)

What I was going for was getting rid of government-provided insurance for all government employees--let 'em pay for it out of their own pockets.

I agree with you fully, and I am a government worker.

It seems unconstitutional for my boss (a government worker) to hire me and promise me PERS and 900 dollars a month set aside for my health care (that I never use) at tax payers expense.

Something is really wrong with this picture :(

Our state is voting on two measures to raise taxes on higher income people and on business to bail out government employees PERS and make sure we get our raises exc. I am voting no and getting a lot of heat from others at work. But its not right that the tax payer suffers so that I can have killer insurance and retirement bennys.

Well, frankly, I don't care that much--compensation packages are what they are. They could just as easily drop the insurance benefit and pay you a greater amount to cover it and then what would anyone have to say about it? Then they'd be pissed off that you're getting paid more. You can't win, you know. Ever heard of "crab mentality"? That seems to be one of the motive forces of several posters on this site.

Well, frankly, I don't care that much--compensation packages are what they are. They could just as easily drop the insurance benefit and pay you a greater amount to cover it and then what would anyone have to say about it? Then they'd be pissed off that you're getting paid more. You can't win, you know. Ever heard of "crab mentality"? That seems to be one of the motive forces of several posters on this site.

That is really a good point about just paying in $$ instead of insurance and PERS. I had not thought of that. I still think its strange that two people can bargan anything above normal wages with tax payer money, even when I am the one getting the bargan.

Crab mentality... new term for me. Thanks for link :)

Bi-Jov...I do believe that you've finally figured it ALL OUT:cool:

What the health care reform is supposed to be about. HOORAH-you've finally arrived to the place of enlightenment and open mindedness!
{heavy sigh} If the PO-FOLKS can't afford it and all of our elected officials are getting it by our tax dollars then this needs to STOP & STOP RIGHT NOW! Seems very simplistic to this PO-FOLK ;)

The points are:
-you cant MAKE them buy anything
-its wrong to make taxpayers buy it for them
-the legislation does nothing to lower the price of healthcare which is the issue
-they get taken care of via charity (govt or otherwise) who cares if they feel bad about that ?

Werbung:
Didn't used to be like this, you know... if you wanted insurance, you bought it yourself. Of course, there weren't such things as "copays" and all that--it only covered more catastrophic stuff. Plans varied, naturally. Employers started offering insurance as a means of attracting employees and because they could get a better deal due to the power of collective bargaining.

The idea that several people would feel a lot better as long as NOBODY got any special treatment is kinda' irritating. That's just destructive envy in its purest form. In a world of peak energy, though, it won't ultimately matter--everyone's going to end up getting screwed, for lack of a better word.

Back