Micheal Moore with a racist rant about gun owners

steveox

See! The left will not condem him..Unlike the left pressured Rush Limbaugh advertisers when he called Sarah Flukie a slut.

Werbung:
He's right about wars being started due to fears based on untruths.
He's right that there are a lot of guns due to homeowner's fears.
Homeowner's fears are well founded, however, and have nothing to do with the race of the home invaders.

Like that other fat guy that likes to rant and rave on the radio, Michael Moore wrong at least half of the time.

According to this, the US is #1 in gun ownership. That kind of surprised me. I thought maybe Israel, or perhaps Switzerland, would be #1.

The top ten:

88.8 1
22px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
Serbia
58.2 2 [5]
22px-Flag_of_Yemen.svg.png
Yemen
54.8 3
45.7 4
22px-Flag_of_Cyprus.svg.png
Cyprus
36.4 5
35 6
22px-Flag_of_Iraq.svg.png
Iraq
34.2 7
32 8
31.8 9
22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden

I wonder if he thinks it is fear of black people that promotes gun ownership in Switzerland and Sweden?

He's right about wars being started due to fears based on untruths.
He's right that there are a lot of guns due to homeowner's fears.
Homeowner's fears are well founded, however, and have nothing to do with the race of the home invaders.

Like that other fat guy that likes to rant and rave on the radio, Michael Moore wrong at least half of the time.

According to this, the US is #1 in gun ownership. That kind of surprised me. I thought maybe Israel, or perhaps Switzerland, would be #1.

The top ten:

I wonder if he thinks it is fear of black people that promotes gun ownership in Switzerland and Sweden?

No, dear. Swiss people do not own guns because of FEAR. Their country is very safe, and guns are not own as "personal protection," which most country realize just provide a FALSE sense of security!
Switzerland doesn't have an army as such. They have a civilian militia. People are trained with guns and other firearms in the ARMY and keep their weapons when leaving the army. Those weapons are under CLOSE surveillance to assure that they are NOT USED inappropriately. I believe you might want to read the complete article provided by Wikepedia:

Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home. Up until October 2007, a specified personal retention quantity of government-issued personal ammunition (50 rounds 5.56 mm / 48 rounds 9mm) was issued as well, which was sealed and inspected regularly to ensure that no unauthorized use had taken place.[4] The ammunition was intended for use while traveling to the army barracks in case of invasion.
In October 2007, the Swiss Federal Council decided that the distribution of ammunition to soldiers shall stop and that all previously issued ammo shall be returned. By March 2011, more than 99% of the ammo has been received. Only special rapid deployment units and the military police still have ammunition stored at home today.[5]
When their period of service has ended, militiamen have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. In this case of retention, the rifle is sent to the weapons factory where the fully automatic function is removed; the rifle is then returned to the discharged owner. The rifle is then a semi-automatic or self-loading rifle.
The government sponsors training with rifles and shooting in competitions for interested adolescents, both male and female.

A "shooting society " somewhere in Switzerland; people come to such ranges to complete mandatory training with service arms, or to shoot for sport and competition.

A "shooting society" somewhere in Switzerland; people come to such ranges to complete mandatory training with service arms, or to shoot for sport and competition.
The sale of ammunition – including Gw Pat.90 rounds for army-issue assault rifles – is subsidized by the Swiss government and made available at the many shooting ranges patronized by both private citizens and members of the militia. There is a regulatory requirement that ammunition sold at ranges must be used there.
The Swiss Army maintains tight adherence to high standards of lawful military conduct. In 2005, for example, when the Swiss prosecuted recruits who had reenacted the torture scenes of Abu Ghraib, one of the charges was improper use of service weapons.[6]
[edit]​
Number of guns in circulation

In some 2001 statistics, it is noted that there are about 420,000 assault rifles (fully automatic, or "selective fire") stored at private homes, mostly SIG SG 550 models. Additionally, there are some 320,000 semi-auto rifles and military pistols exempted from military service in private possession, all selective-fire weapons having been converted to semi-automatic operation only. In addition, there are several hundred thousand other semi-automatic small arms classified ascarbines. The total number of firearms in private homes is estimated minimally at 1.2 million to 3 million.[7]
In 2005 over 10% of households contained handguns, compared to 18% of U.S. households that contained handguns. In 2005 almost 29% of households in Switzerland contained firearms of some kind, compared to almost 43% in the USA.[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

No, dear. Swiss people do not own guns because of FEAR. Their country is very safe, and guns are not own as "personal protection," which most country realize just provide a FALSE sense of security!
Switzerland doesn't have an army as such. They have a civilian militia. People are trained with guns and other firearms in the ARMY and keep their weapons when leaving the army. Those weapons are under CLOSE surveillance to assure that they are NOT USED inappropriately. I believe you might want to read the complete article provided by Wikepedia:
I wonder if that would work in the US?

The good guys would be armed, the bad guys would know it, we'd save a bundle on the military, the young men would have something better to do than either flip burgers or flop on Mom and Dad's couch, seems like a good idea to me.

I wonder if that would work in the US?

The good guys would be armed, the bad guys would know it, we'd save a bundle on the military, the young men would have something better to do than either flip burgers or flop on Mom and Dad's couch, seems like a good idea to me.

the Swiss know that they dont need to defend themselves because we do that. if we decide to quit doing that someone will take our place and people may not like how that turns out.

the Swiss know that they dont need to defend themselves because we do that. if we decide to quit doing that someone will take our place and people may not like how that turns out.
:rolleyes: Right. It's worth the US spending trillions of dollars and going into debt to defend ourselves from the other side of the world. Now I no longer fear Sadam's weapons of mass destruction.

It's time we defended ourselves and let the rest of the world do the same.

Absolutely! The Swiss have not had to defend themselves because of their ATTITUDE of compromise and of rejecting the pettiness of politics. In fact, the Swiss were largely NOT affected by even the two WW's.

It is arrogant to believe that it is the "American involvement and protection" that keeps the Swiss safe. It is not only arrogant but ridiculous to believe that the gun culture in America has ANY impact on Switzerland.

Let's face it. If we were not so arrogant, we could learn A LOT from the Swiss! Not just about gun control, but also about economy, banking, education, and health care!

It's a tongue-in-cheek remark by the left-wing film director and gun ownership and racism may be remotely linked as he pointed out reflecting American history and colonists were always in need of guns in frontier settlements but most gun owners today in the suburbs and rural areas are hunters who use a gun for hunting or target shooting and only 30% of Americans personally own a gun,

Absolutely! The Swiss have not had to defend themselves because of their ATTITUDE of compromise and of rejecting the pettiness of politics. In fact, the Swiss were largely NOT affected by even the two WW's.

It is arrogant to believe that it is the "American involvement and protection" that keeps the Swiss safe. It is not only arrogant but ridiculous to believe that the gun culture in America has ANY impact on Switzerland.

Let's face it. If we were not so arrogant, we could learn A LOT from the Swiss! Not just about gun control, but also about economy, banking, education, and health care!
You don't want to hear why the Swiss economy is doing so well...

Werbung:
You don't want to hear why the Swiss economy is doing so well...

Dear, do you really believe I am stupid?
Yes, the Swiss banking industry is very profitable. . .and so is its pharmaceutical industry, and its tourist industry. And, the source of the Swiss success in banking is a direct consequence of its neutrality during the two world wars, because they were the ONLY country where it was safe for the very wealthy to keep their money, regardless of which side of the conflict they were championing.

Back