Never Buy a GM car again!

actuly the public pretty much got annoyed waiting for American car companies to make them what they wanted...japan did it for them....People don't want gas guzzling cars, they want fuel efficient ones. Whats sad is all this same stuff I keep hearing, sounds alot like recycled stuff from when the goverment said put seat belts in cars...and then air bags....and they cried it will kill the industry....only to now have cars showing off that they have 6 air bags, and all kinds of safty things....as a selling tool. I watch the ads, and guess what , they are all pointing out MPG, its a selling point, and you know why? People want it.

The goverment is not asking car dealers to do anything the people who buy them dont want and have not asked for along time. And Yes Toyoata and Honda will have to do it all the same...But so long as people like andy have any say, GM Chrysler and such will always be 10 years behind the times....

I believe that the best selling cars and trucks on the road are exactly the kind that the government will no longer make. People do want higher mpg, heck I own a Prius myself, but they don't want it so bad that they'll drive a teeny tiny piece of government made crap.

Werbung:
ROFLMAO!!!! I missed that part!!! Mainly because I wasn't going to listen to his continuous fact less drivel, but damn, I didn't realize how far out of his ass he was speaking from!!!!!!! Thanks Top for setting me straight!!!!!! GM #1.......roflmao........I'm cryin here......lmao

It is kinda funny huh?

Andy let those little pearls of wisdom about himself slip out a long time ago and when he starts proselytizing his only way to go economic or automobile manufacturing plan I can't help but point out I see a problem with the teacher.

I mean if he'd just put his ideas in the form of opinions and not as if they were deep experience based knowledge I'd be fine with it. Everyone's entitled to an OPINION.

I'd let him up off the mat on his credentials if he'd just stop acting like HE'S some empirical business authority.

I wouldn't dare question him on how long you deep fry Chicken McNuggets (just kidding) but these other things... well...:)

I believe that the best selling cars and trucks on the road are exactly the kind that the government will no longer make. People do want higher mpg, heck I own a Prius myself, but they don't want it so bad that they'll drive a teeny tiny piece of government made crap.

You're WAY over reacting.

All that's going to happen is cars and trucks are going to be changed some to get better mileage. This whole fear tactic from the right that the only cars on the streets will be the Smart car & Yugo's is stupid on it's face.

You ought not buy into that crap.

Look at cars already out there that either already comply or are damn close to the even upcoming CAFE standards...

VW Jetta TDI... not even a hybrid and gets 58 mpg highway

Toyota Prius Hybrid

Honda Insight Hybrid

Toyota Corolla

Honda Civic

Camry Hybrid

Ford Fusion

and you know yourself there's many many more.

And there will ALWAYS BE work trucks available to do heavy hauling & towing even if they have to get some type of an exemption.

The whole idea is to focus the regular commuter car market on more fuel efficient cars rather than full size SUV's and full size trucks. And with gas only going to continue to spike on a regular basis this will be both very smart & very good for America & Americans with their next new car purchase and for the long run.

Hey and on the Prius... good job. And I agree the vast majority of Americans don't want to drive cars smaller than that. My wife would have bought a Prius last time but I nudged her over a little to the VW Jetta 2.5 gas version). I have an Audi A6 and both cars are good on gas... hers low 30's highway mine almost 30 highway.

She grudgingly admits that the German cars have upgraded styling, interiors, lighting and handling... but she'd still buy a Prius in a second if I wasn't around just because of the gas mileage and eco friendliness.

yea the new Fusion hybrid is so small, just like that new ford SHO taurus The Escape Hybrid also ( had so many people asking for that, and we never even got one on the lot becuse they where so backordered.

Overreacting?

We shall see. One thing is for certaibn, i will not buy a GM car ever. Haven't bought an American car in many many years. Have a Ford Ranger work truck, got a great deal on it.

Overreacting?

We shall see. One thing is for certaibn, i will not buy a GM car ever. Haven't bought an American car in many many years. Have a Ford Ranger work truck, got a great deal on it.

Well that's a personal choice everyone makes to their own wants & needs.

My wife & I for example like our German cars better than everything else out there... and I also get a free new Ford Ranger every 4 years through my job.

So I have no problem whatsoever with people liking or not liking American cars. I'm just saying it's completely uninformed and misguided to be against GM or Chrysler because they accepted a bailout or to think they now won't build good cars. Because they'll actually build better stuff than before.

And as I've told my wife if I ever changed jobs as much as I'd hate to I'd probably sell my Audi A6 and buy whatever truck was out there getting the best gas mileage... hopefully and American one.

I know it's hard with all the fearmongering political rhetoric people on the Right are bombarded with every single day with talk radio and such but from a what you see point of view not that much is going to change.

You'll see an uptick of smaller cares say about the Civic or Corolla size and you'll see a significant decline in the huge Hummer/Durango types of SUV's but there will still be a lions share amount of cars the Camry & Malibu size and SUV's the Ford Escape and slightly bigger size.

And for this not only do Americans use a lot less gas but we cut way back on pollution. I clearly remember doing this before. Your 53... you remember when you were growing up regular cars only getting 10 or 12 miles per gallon... look at what the get now. This is just another major technology bump up.

Overreacting?

My wife & I for example like our German cars better than everything else out there... and I also get a free new Ford Ranger every 4 years through my job.

So I have no problem whatsoever with people liking or not liking American cars. I'm just saying it's completely uninformed and misguided to be against GM or Chrysler because they accepted a bailout or to think they now won't build good cars. Because they'll actually build better stuff than before.

And as I've told my wife if I ever changed jobs as much as I'd hate to I'd probably sell my Audi A6 and buy whatever truck was out getting the best gas mileage... hopefully and American one.

I know it's hard with all the fearmongering political rhetoric people on the Right are bombarded with every single day with talk radio and such but from a what you see point of view not that much is going to change.

You'll see an uptick of smaller cares say about the Civic or Corolla size and you'll see a significant decline in the huge Hummer/Durango types of SUV's but there will still be a lions share amount of cars the Camry & Malibu size and SUV's the Ford Escape and slightly bigger size.

And for this not only do Americans use a lot less gas but we cut way back on pollution. I clearly remember doing this before. Your 53... you remember when you were growing up regular cars only averaging 10 or 12 miles per gallon... look at what the get now. This is just another major technology bump up.

And as I've told my wife if I ever changed jobs as much as I'd hate to I'd probably sell my Audi A6 and buy whatever truck was out getting the best gas mileage... hopefully and American one.

And for this not only do Americans use a lot less gas but we cut way back on pollution. I clearly remember doing this before. Your 53... you remember when you were growing up regular cars only averaging 10 or 12 miles per gallon... look at what the get now. This is just another major technology bump up.

I like the new fords, I love my 2000 contour, and the newer Fusion. One thing is that both designs came out of there euro market not US designed cars. They have a euro feel to them when you drive them ( not that they are a BWM , but you can tell they are that feel more then traditional American cars where)I got both my contours before I was at ford, I could have got GM's but they all lacked the looks and driving feel of a good car. Never had to do with costs, or labor Unions...they just flat out has crappy styles poor driving feels and looked cheap. if I did not go with them it was going to be a car from Japan Korea or Europe for sure,

I haven't bought an American made car since 1985. They are pieces of ****. I do blame the unions for that. Unions are the 2nd reason I don't buy them.

Chrysler and GM should never have been bailed out, but I can't in all honesty calim that that is why I won't buy them.

its like talking to a brick wall...GM made lots and lots of cars no one wanted. they where poor quality and only sold when sold for a lot less then the cars they competed against. And yes management changed..but in name mostly, not in way of thinking. They all think like you...and thus chapter 11

Yeah so many didn't want them, that they sold more than any other manufacture. Idiocy on parade. You clearly are a salesmen.

The last guy was Obama's own pick. Basically, you'll blame everyone in management instead of the cost of labor, just because you don't know jack. Further, they don't all think like me, or they'd never have invested in biggest flops in GM's history. Like the EV1, or this P.O.S.

puma_gm-1432.jpg

What a junk pile. That's something an idiot on a political forum would support and claim it's "the wave of the future" and such. Likely the same type of guy who thinks cost of production is not the problem, but management is, but bailouts helped.

Nor would I have signed a stupid contract with the UAW to doom myself to bankruptcy. If they were thinking like anyone, they were following your plan. Let's make cars we can't profit from. Let's sign contracts that will doom the company. Let's pay 50% more for labor than our competitors and wonder why we can't make a profit while selling twice as many cars as them.

Finely, if I was put in charge after these idiot choices were made, I would have skipped the bailout completely, filed chapter 11 immediately, and sent the Unions packing. The GM turn around plan would have been 9 months ago, instead of just now getting around to what was inevitable from the start.

Yeah so many didn't want them, that they sold more than any other manufacture. Idiocy on parade. You clearly are a salesmen.

The last guy was Obama's own pick. Basically, you'll blame everyone in management instead of the cost of labor, just because you don't know jack. Further, they don't all think like me, or they'd never have invested in biggest flops in GM's history. Like the EV1, or this P.O.S.

puma_gm-1432.jpg

What a junk pile. That's something an idiot on a political forum would support and claim it's "the wave of the future" and such. Likely the same type of guy who thinks cost of production is not the problem, but management is, but bailouts helped.

Nor would I have signed a stupid contract with the UAW to doom myself to bankruptcy. If they were thinking like anyone, they were following your plan. Let's make cars we can't profit from. Let's sign contracts that will doom the company. Let's pay 50% more for labor than our competitors and wonder why we can't make a profit while selling twice as many cars as them.

Finely, if I was put in charge after these idiot choices were made, I would have skipped the bailout completely, filed chapter 11 immediately, and sent the Unions packing. The GM turn around plan would have been 9 months ago, instead of just now getting around to what was inevitable from the start.

so your great idea is, well I dont need workers to build the cars, I can do it all myself I see. Also guess what , unions dont make the designs for the car, or say what cars to make, thats MANGAGMENT. Also you seem to live in a dream world wo where the US is the only market....and yes I am a salesman, hence why I know what I am talking about, while you fail so clearly.

Yeah so many didn't want them, that they sold more than any other manufacture. Idiocy on parade....

puma_gm-1432.jpg

For those of you who don't know. This is a picture of Andy's gas hog smog machine 1982 Buick AFTER the body shop ground all the rust & bird poo off of it.:)

to be fair if it was a 1982 buick grand national turbo or something, I would be impressed....damn fine cars lol nice car, and would be rare ( very few 82's had the turbo...its first year) though the 84 was better :)

I too am a fan of the Grand National... good catch there pocket.

Did you know that several were purchased by the FBI as their special high speed pursuit vehicles? I always thought that was interesting because they looked kinda FBI... all black and official.

But let's face it... Andy... 13K per year Andy... has no Buick Grand National. I think he said it was a Buick Riviera or Electra or something. He posted a pic of one he said was "like his" once. It was some old full size luxury type.

Werbung:
I too am a fan of the Grand National... good catch there pocket.

Did you know that several were purchased by the FBI as their special high speed pursuit vehicles? I always thought that was interesting because they looked kinda FBI... all black and official.

But let's face it... Andy... 13K per year Andy... has no Buick Grand National. I think he said it was a Buick Riviera or Electra or something. He posted a pic of one he said was "like his" once. It was some old full size luxury type.

yea, kinda like these Chargers these day used as cop cars, and I know some use to use the mustang with the 5.0 in it loll. I saw a police chase where he was just outrunning them , and the cop with the 5.0 mustang got behind him and just yelled in horn, I have a 5.0 just pull over...and he did lol was kinda funny.

only buick I had was a 84 LeSaber, was a pile , but was a temp car for a few months after a accident totaled out my Tbird. and yes I think it was the size of a small aircraft carrier , damn huge boat lol

Back