Note to Conservative Posters

Rick

After posting on this site for just about four years, I'm out of here. The owner of this site is entitled to establish any rules that he sees fit, and even (as has happened recently) apply them inconsistently. I, on the other hand, can post where I choose to. It's a free country. I won't bother with a site that bans me, and I just can't suffer fools gladly, rules or no rules. If a person is a brainwashed obamabot moron, my respect for truth requires that I indentify him as a brainwashed obamabot moron.

I wish all the conservatives here well, and call upon you to continue to fight the good fight against the leftwing scum, in any way you can, as I will elsewhere - in particular at my new blog. As Edmund Burke said, all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Werbung:
You are being so over dramatic, just leave no one is stopping you. There is absolutely no need to announce it.

After posting on this site for just about four years, I'm out of here. The owner of this site is entitled to establish any rules that he sees fit, and even (as has happened recently) apply them inconsistently. I, on the other hand, can post where I choose to. It's a free country. I won't bother with a site that bans me, and I just can't suffer fools gladly, rules or no rules. If a person is a brainwashed obamabot moron, my respect for truth requires that I indentify him as a brainwashed obamabot moron.

I wish all the conservatives here well, and call upon you to continue to fight the good fight against the leftwing scum, in any way you can, as I will elsewhere - in particular at my new blog. As Edmund Burke said, all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Though I hardly post anymore, I still read them and I will miss reading yours.

Good luck where ever life takes you :)

I am left wing and proud of it.

Its too bad that in a free country like America one feels that anyone opposed to his own point of view deserves the discourtesy of being called scum.

Why a person responds with vitriol instead of trying to find common ground, improve one's own mind, and learn from the experiences of others is something I have never understood.

I was a conservative for several election cycles, and strong in my belief. However I was courteous, I listened to others, and I watched the experiences of my friends and neighbors and slowly came to realize that I preferred the America liberals are trying to create, and abhorred the sterile, foreboding, and draconian approaches to social problems presented by conservatives.

It took several decades, but Comments like John Boehners comments about job losses because of reducing federal spending of "Well, so be it" and Mitch McConnell's attitude that his number one priority, above all else, is to make Obama a one term president were the kinds of self-serving attitudes that made me realize conservatives care about nothing but themselves. There isn't a patriot among the whole lot of them unless there is something in it for them.

I mean, come on! America needs jobs badly, and all Mitch McConnell can think of is "What can I do to F**k up America so Obama doesn't get reelected?" What kind of an person thinks like that?

Sorry to hear that. I was really hoping that, after a difficult start, we could start debating with some respect and exchange ideas.

I hope you reconsider. If not, I hope you find a place that is totally devoted to one side of the story, rather than welcoming all opinions.

Take care.

As you have mentioned me, the owner, I want to step in even if I wasn't envolved in the ban you faced. I have no strong feelings about the republic party or the democrats, I'm completely neutral as I'm not even a US citizen.

But I have plenty of experience as a forum administrator and as a user. In the end it's all about respect. If you don't have respect even for the political opponent and you do name calling you are out. It's as simple as that.

Sorry to hear that. I was really hoping that, after a difficult start, we could start debating with some respect and exchange ideas.

I hope you reconsider. If not, I hope you find a place that is totally devoted to one side of the story, rather than welcoming all opinions.

Take care.

its better not to have false hope...

its better not to have false hope...

Life is about learning. As I am discovering now, the real learning isn't about what is in books, but learning about what is in people.

We need to learn how to be a community, with many differences. We need to figure out how to include the Ricks of the world in our society, even if they scratch and kick every step of the way.

In my opinion.

Life is about learning. As I am discovering now, the real learning isn't about what is in books, but learning about what is in people.

We need to learn how to be a community, with many differences. We need to figure out how to include the Ricks of the world in our society, even if they scratch and kick every step of the way.

In my opinion.

I appreciate your opinion. I totally agree with it!

does this mean Pandora will have to step in and post more? at least she tried to debate and listen to both sides...even if she was always wrong:)

Rick, won't miss ya, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

har har har I just love and miss your backhanded compliments :)

Nah i am still addicted to fallout and don't have the time to post like I used to. A new game (sky rim) is coming out in November, I probably wont even have time to read the boards after that.

I still pay attention to politics, I just don't argue about them as much, really it is pointless no one ever changes their minds or at least most don't and I have only changes a little of my thinking in the last 5 years,

but you keep posting and ill keep reading :)

har har har I just love and miss your backhanded compliments :)

Nah i am still addicted to fallout and don't have the time to post like I used to. A new game (sky rim) is coming out in November, I probably wont even have time to read the boards after that.

I still pay attention to politics, I just don't argue about them as much, really it is pointless no one ever changes their minds or at least most don't and I have only changes a little of my thinking in the last 5 years,

but you keep posting and ill keep reading :)

Too bad, you sound like an intersting poster. Maybe you'll change your mind. . .or more likely, most of us will get tired of never ending arguments! However, debating without vitriolic exchanges is a lot more pleasant!

Too bad, you sound like an intersting poster. Maybe you'll change your mind. . .or more likely, most of us will get tired of never ending arguments! However, debating without vitriolic exchanges is a lot more pleasant!

Did you spell irritating wrong :) I bet some would say my posts were more irritating than interesting :)

Werbung:

In my opinion.

its best in my view to leave them on the wayside..work with the ones you can...to try to get to people like him is a waste of energy...

Back