Obama blows money during recession.

Andy

Funny how when Bush spent a whooping $43.2 in private funds for his inauguration, he was attacked by some for the excess and extravagance. Never mind the fact Clinton used $33 Million for his.

Yet although the horribly fiscally irresponsible Bush spent $43 million in private funds, Obama is the candidate of "Hope and Change". Therefore he won't follow the same path as the evil Bush administration.

Nope, Obama has spent $170 Million for his inauguration, and not private funding either. Instead he had the tax payers foot the bill. Not to mention the 130 tons of garbage left by the "Hope and Change" fans who apparently are not as environmentally concerned as the left claims they are.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Inauguration/Story?id=6665946&page=1

I personally hope for a change in president soon. We can barely afford his inauguration in this recession, let alone his policies.

Werbung:
Funny how when Bush spent a whooping $43.2 in private funds for his inauguration, he was attacked by some for the excess and extravagance. Never mind the fact Clinton used $33 Million for his.

Yet although the horribly fiscally irresponsible Bush spent $43 million in private funds, Obama is the candidate of "Hope and Change". Therefore he won't follow the same path as the evil Bush administration.

Nope, Obama has spent $170 Million for his inauguration, and not private funding either. Instead he had the tax payers foot the bill. Not to mention the 130 tons of garbage left by the "Hope and Change" fans who apparently are not as environmentally concerned as the left claims they are.

I personally hope for a change in president soon. We can barely afford his inauguration in this recession, let alone his policies.

yeah and it was really green too :)

did you read about how he set a record of over 600 private jets come to his party. all of them global warming fruit cakes too...

Andy;84035]Funny how when Bush spent a whooping $43.2 in private funds for his inauguration, he was attacked by some for the excess and extravagance. Never mind the fact Clinton used $33 Million for his.

Nope, Obama has spent $170 Million for his inauguration...

Historical moment Andy. And as much as the country needed a pick me up after 8 years of what may end up being war criminals Bush & Cheney... we needed it.

I know you're upset that President Obama drew the largest crowd ever in American history for an Inaguration. All those millions of people spending money into the economy to get there and spending money the whole time they were there... but let's face it... it was worth it!:)

God bless our new President and the happiness this has created!

iconatora29e8d4d4d3e650bc6.gif

iconator6ddd36579bf0f7chs5.jpg

The money spent on Obama's inauguaration is a pittance compared to the net worth of all the money lost in the stock market the past year. If Obama can slow or stop the economic slide into oblivion, it will be worth every cent spent on his inauguration, and more. If he fails to do so, then you can complain and expect the public to listen to you.

Historical moment Andy. And as much as the country needed a pick me up after 8 years of what may end up being war criminals Bush & Cheney... we needed it.

I know you're upset that President Obama drew the largest crowd ever in American history for an Inaguration. All those millions of people spending money into the economy to get there and spending money the whole time they were there... but let's face it... it was worth it!:)

So if it feels good, it must be right? Funny, I think crack addicts and Obamabots must have a lot more in common than I had suspected.

Historic? The Time's own manual for writing says "Use [the word historic] with caution for a current event, because history's verdict is rarely predictable by journalists, and the word suggests hyperbole."

Now "hyperbole" sounds fitting.

Millions? Yeah Washington DC said there was 1.8 million people. You really trust politicians interested in inflating their own importance? Oddly, D.C. officials cited the Washington Post for their numbers, yet the Washington Post said there was only 1 million there.

Even more amusing, a professor at Arizona State University using satellite imaging, not hyperbole, calculated only 800K at the party. Funny how facts and evidence are routinely trumped by leftist partisan BS that's so typically spewed on the internet, isn't it Top Gun?

Reminds me of Lewis Farrakhan's Million man march, that didn't make it to a million.

So if it feels good, it must be right? Funny, I think crack addicts and Obamabots must have a lot more in common than I had suspected.

Historic? The Time's own manual for writing says "Use [the word historic] with caution for a current event, because history's verdict is rarely predictable by journalists, and the word suggests hyperbole."

Millions? Yeah Washington DC said there was 1.8 million people. You really trust politicians interested in inflating their own importance? Oddly, D.C. officials cited the Washington Post for their numbers, yet the Washington Post said there was only 1 million there.

Even more amusing, a professor at Arizona State University using satellite imaging, not hyperbole, calculated only 800K at the party. Funny how facts and evidence are routinely trumped by leftist partisan BS that's so typically spewed on the internet, isn't it Top Gun?

Reminds me of Lewis Farrakhan's Million man march, that didn't make it to a million.

the black avenger talked about that MMM often. It was calculated to be about 400 thousand

The money spent on Obama's inauguaration is a pittance compared to the net worth of all the money lost in the stock market the past year. If Obama can slow or stop the economic slide into oblivion, it will be worth every cent spent on his inauguration, and more. If he fails to do so, then you can complain and expect the public to listen to you.

Right... I think there is more than enough historical evidence of the failure of government blow projects to do anything useful, to complain and make a valid case. The fact we've spent $800 Billion on bail-outs without one single example of success, or of stability to the market, shows how pathetic that type of "solution" is.

Ironically, having looked up some of the spending in the bill, very little of it will do anything for the economy. Most of line items that money will go to are other failed government projects... in other words... political supporters. New government buildings... yay. Money to states running deficits on Medicare... oh joy. Funding for pork projects... oooo yeah a big boast to the economy there.

It didn't work in the great depression, it's never worked in our history, it hasn't worked in the past year, it won't work in the future. Further, the blowing of cash is causing the government to print money like pre-WW2 Germany, and current day Zimbabwe.

In both cases it caused devestating inflation. Unless Bailout-Barack Overspend-Obama changes his course, which he said he'd do with his 'hope and change' crap, we'll end up in the same boat.

Those that are ignorant of the past, will stupidly repeat it. I'll laugh at all of you the entire time.

Yes, Bush only spent $43 million in private funds, + $115 million in public funds for the same kinds of things that were needed for the Obama inauguration (security, porta potties, etc.) The last I heard, Republicans had to pee from time to time, just the same as Democrats.

That adds up to $158 million for the Bush party, vs 170 for Obama, so the Obamites did spend more than the Bushistas by about 12 million.

Of course, the cost per capita works out to about 53 cents for Bush vs 57 cents for Obama, that is, if both private and public funds are considered.

Somehow, I think we can afford the extra four cents. What I'm not sure we can afford is the $30,000 in debt run up mostly by Bush and his Congress, nor the $12,000 that the bailouts that Obama is pushing will cost.

Keep the four cents. Give me back the forty two grand.

Andy;84075]So if it feels good, it must be right? Funny, I think crack addicts and Obamabots must have a lot more in common than I had suspected.

It's not about if it feels good... it's that 2 million people wanted to be a part of this historic event and the major shift in the leadership of our country away from the less than 25% approval rated dismal failure of the Bush/Cheney Republican administration.

On HISTORIC: When we went to the moon at that moment it was historic... we didn't have to wait for someone to write about it later. Same thing with the first Black President of the United States of America...

H-I-S-T-O-R-I-C!!!:)

iconatora29e8d4d4d3e650pa0.gif

Isn't the USA a nation that always thinks big bigger biggest?
Nothing beats a good first impression. Don't forget that like 90% of the world's citizens was sick of bush. They all where looking out for inaugurationday. I live in holland and I followed and follow US politics from the primaries on (probably longer then most americans, but then again, I visited 12 states so far, probably more then most americans also ;)
I found it a very nice conclusion to a great campain. Worth the spend.
And guys what's 170 million these days... like 1 in 60.000 compared to US debt.

Don't u know u are insulting more then half of the US population? Do u really love your country?

whatever

Oh come on! There is no way to calculate it precise but most of all, 1 or 2 million, it's both enormous! And if I may add might the other billlions of worldcitizens watching

Why not open your horizon instead of disagreeing upfront?
There are enormous amounts of posibilities for just as many different events.
Think bigger

iconatora29e8d4d4d3e650bc6.gif

iconator6ddd36579bf0f7chs5.jpg
Many of them probably on welfare, that should have saved their money, but then again, the "great one" will just bail them out when they have nothing.

Remember, it's the Libs along with Obama, Pelosi and Reid _ The three stooges - that are playing this "class warfare" card. They are scaring everyone into thinking We must act now or we will all be doomed doomed doomed!.

Spending all of that money was a joke. Obama just campaigned and talks about all the people struggling, and then he says, Let's have a party and then raise taxes.

Werbung:
Yes, Bush only spent $43 million in private funds, + $115 million in public funds for the same kinds of things that were needed for the Obama inauguration (security, porta potties, etc.) The last I heard, Republicans had to pee from time to time, just the same as Democrats.

That adds up to $158 million for the Bush party, vs 170 for Obama, so the Obamites did spend more than the Bushistas by about 12 million.

Of course, the cost per capita works out to about 53 cents for Bush vs 57 cents for Obama, that is, if both private and public funds are considered.

Somehow, I think we can afford the extra four cents. What I'm not sure we can afford is the $30,000 in debt run up mostly by Bush and his Congress, nor the $12,000 that the bailouts that Obama is pushing will cost.

Keep the four cents. Give me back the forty two grand.

Cite? Last I heard, the $170 didn't include those other things. I would be interested in reading your source.

That said, even if it was $158 Million, the left still claimed that was excessive and wasteful, yet Obama's $170 million, isn't? Hypocritical left again?

Bush's Congress? The Congress that did overrides on all the bills he veto'd because they over spent?

Besides that, Obama plans to over spend far more than Bush ever did, so it's a bit hypocritical to complain about Bush's overspending when Obama's current plan is more than a trillion over budget... and during a recession... and while he's trying to fight a war in Afghanistan...

And we've covered this in other threads already. This is about hypocrisy over inauguration spending.

Back