Obama - The 1st 100 days

The Scotsman

So the first 100 days are up. Obama, on his election day, faced a sea of a million faces in the parks and streets litteraly packed with celebrating crowds chanting his name and pumped with expectations......has he lived up to those expections?

Do you think that Obama has stood up to the challenges and expectations in his first 100 days?

Werbung:
So the first 100 days are up. Obama, on his election day, faced a sea of a million faces in the parks and streets litteraly packed with celebrating crowds chanting his name and pumped with expectations......has he lived up to those expections?

Do you think that Obama has stood up to the challenges and expectations in his first 100 days?

How do we gauge the success or failure of a seated President...Hmmm!

Personally, I think he done remarkably well considering during the long drawn out campaign the worst of the worst topics facing him was our involvement in 2 wars in different countries and our lack of successful retraining pulling out so that the 'natives' could have their countries back. And then the economy blew up in G.W.B. & Greenspans face and despite their continual mantra about it's going to get better...it went BUST. I'd say on a scale of 0-10 zero being the lowest, I'd give him a 7. He's got a rough road to hoe and it really really is unprecedented the number of dire problems that he is facing!

But he is my President and I'll support him wholeheartedly just as I did G.W.B. during in first 4 years...and then that all went to hell in the hand basket and I learned about his lies! So my more cynical side says just wait & see but be hopeful!

After 2,920 days of George I think that a 100 day window is too short to make a real detemination. Obie started out with a country in disarray, an economy in the toilet, a two-front war, and undying enmity of the Pandoras of the world.

I don't dabble in politics much, I just sit and watch because I don't see much difference between the two parties at the higher levels. Big money runs the country and the world, I think, no matter who gets into the White House.

It's only on the lower levels of governance that the parties matter. For instance George and the Repubs are hysterical about gay marriage and equality for transgendered people because of their constituency of Bible-beaters, whereas Obie and Demos are more broadminded.

No point in taking all this too seriously, governments come and go, nations rise and fall, we live and die, it's the way of the world.

Economic policy - I think the stimulus was to big and bailouts have done nothing. I also think is budget is far to large. 100 days in he has done a lot, I just think most of it was bad and we will feel the effects in the coming years.

Domestic Policy - Depends on your issue I suppose.

Foreign Policy - He has done OK in some areas, but has failed in others in my view. I'd give him a mixed.

The biggest problem is the economy and there is no evidence that it has improved
in the first 100 days. None, nada, zilch. The stimulus has no measureable impact except
to weaken the US in the longrun.

What will probably take place now is more gov't spending to make the economy look like it is an economy.

Obama does give a great speech.

How do we gauge the success or failure of a seated President...Hmmm!
...:)... its not a question of success or failure its how do you think he has performed in the face of the challenges of his first 100 days in office.

Do you think for example his "screw up" in his choice of health secretary shows lack of judgement?

His management of foreign policy, was it wise so be captured shaking hands with Chavez for example?

...:)... its not a question of success or failure its how do you think he has performed in the face of the challenges of his first 100 days in office.

Do you think for example his "screw up" in his choice of health secretary shows lack of judgement?

His management of foreign policy, was it wise so be captured shaking hands with Chavez for example?

Let's see... one trillion in deficit, $20 Trillion in national debt by 2017, nationalized control over a few banks that are crashing, and a couple of car companies producing crap now, releasing some likely Muslim terrorist on US soil. Epic Failure so far. At least he had those crappy Somali Pirates shot. That's worth about 1/4 of a point when he's negative five to start with.

Are you asking me about the 'FIRST' appointment of Health Secretary???

Cause I'm all over this most recent one...Kathleen Sibelius was my Governor and she is an amazing and very forthright/upstanding woman!

I would never - ever hope that I could be so shallow as to judge a leader by the photo of whom he was seen shaking hands with! While in a public place and at a meet and greet occasion your going to have to make 'NICE' with all types of lessor thinking humans...but you smile you shake hands and you appear as professional as possible...you never ever walk up behind a seated head of state or other foreign dignitary and 'do the shoulder shake & grab'...NOW THAT WOULD BE BAD FORM....LMAO!

Are you asking me about the 'FIRST' appointment of Health Secretary???Cause I'm all over this most recent one...Kathleen Sibelius was my Governor and she is an amazing and very forthright/upstanding woman!

I was happy when Tom Daschle backed out because he would have been terrible for the job. But when I read that she was the next tapped I wished Tom Daschle could come back. I really cant stand that woman. Her views on abortion might be even worse than Obama's if that is possible.

Do you like Dr. Tiller too?

I'd say, everything's right-on-track.

Much like 1993, every "conservative" predicted Obama would fall (flat-on-his-face).

The convenience of making such predictions is....if those (same) "conservatives" end-up being totally-wrong (as usual), there's no down-side; it doesn't cost them anything ('cause most o' them had no credibility, anyhow)....and, they'll (totally) deny making such predictions (as expected). :rolleyes:

What's really drivin' "conservatives" nutz (presently), is....voters' consumer-confidence is mirroring the early-Clinton-years, and "conservatives" just can't HANDLE IT!!!

"Still, Mr. Clinton and his economic advisers are facing other problems. One is that the $31 billion stimulus package that the President proposed for the economy may take longer than anticipated to get off the ground because of possible delays in Congress."​

:D

I'M havin' a GREAT time!!!!!!

:p

I was happy when Tom Daschle backed out because he would have been terrible for the job. But when I read that she was the next tapped I wished Tom Daschle could come back. I really cant stand that woman. Her views on abortion might be even worse than Obama's if that is possible.

Do you like Dr. Tiller too?

But, But, But Pandora...her views on abortion won't be something that she gets to act on...she's very knowledgeable about Health & Human Resources...do try to over look those things that tend to make your close your mind. I'm all about Pro Choice and I have NO FEARS what so ever that neither President Obama nor former Governor Sibelius will be over turning Roe v. Wade. So just put those itty-bitty fear factors away and FOCUS on the job that lays ahead!!! ;)

Werbung:
But, But, But Pandora...her views on abortion won't be something that she gets to act on...she's very knowledgeable about Health & Human Resources...do try to over look those things that tend to make your close your mind.
.......Not to mention........​

"Ed Henry?

Question: Thank you, Mr. President. In a couple of weeks, you're going to be giving the commencement at Notre Dame. And, as you know, this has caused a lot of controversy among Catholics who are opposed to your position on abortion.

As a candidate, you vowed that one of the very things you wanted to do was sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which, as you know, would eliminate federal, state and local restrictions on abortion. And at that it was above -- quote, "above my pay grade."

Now that you've been president for 100 days, obviously, your pay grade is a little higher than when you were a senator.

Do you still hope that Congress quickly sends you the Freedom of Choice Act so you can sign it?

Obama: You know, the -- my view on -- on abortion, I think, has been very consistent. I think abortion is a moral issue and an ethical issue.

I think that those who are pro-choice make a mistake when they -- if they suggest -- and I don't want to create straw men here, but I think there are some who suggest that this is simply an issue about women's freedom and that there's no other considerations. I think, look, this is an issue that people have to wrestle with and families and individual women have to wrestle with.

The reason I'm pro-choice is because I don't think women take that -- that position casually. I think that they struggle with these decisions each and every day. And I think they are in a better position to make these decisions ultimately than members of Congress or a president of the United States, in consultation with their families, with their doctors, with their doctors, with their clergy.

So -- so that has been my consistent position. The other thing that I said consistently during the campaign is I would like to reduce the number of unwanted presidencies that result in women feeling compelled to get an abortion, or at least considering getting an abortion, particularly if we can reduce the number of teen pregnancies, which has started to spike up again.

And so I've got a task force within the Domestic Policy Council in the West Wing of the White House that is working with groups both in the pro-choice camp and in the pro-life camp, to see if we can arrive at some consensus on that.

Now, the Freedom of Choice Act is not highest legislative priority. I believe that women should have the right to choose. But I think that the most important thing we can do to tamp down some of the anger surrounding this issue is to focus on those areas that we can agree on. And that's -- that's where I'm going to focus."

Back