Poll: The Establishment Clause

Are you familiar with the Establishment Clause in the 1st Amendment ?

• I lean right and no I'm not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I lean left and no I'm not

• I don't lean and no I don't

• I'm not a US Citizen so it's moot to me

• Total voters
Please provide me a direct quote, with a credible link, where Santorum, and/or Bachman, have declared their intention to transform America into a Christian Theocracy.

Then you must not be paying attention. Catholic organizations are now being forced to provide employees with health care plans that provide contraception and abortificiants. Back in 2005, Rod Blago issued a government decree forcing Catholic pharmacists to dispense the morning after pill.

First, you need to keep up with the news. president Obama pulled a fast one on the crazy hyper religious and the way the GOP was tryong to USE this issue to bzh him some mere, and provided an adjustment. . .where the Catholic Church has nothing to do with birth control coverage. . .the insurances do. And now, if the Catholic Church wants to clearly show that they are TOTALLY out of touch with Catholics. . . They can try to FORCE Catholic not to take advantage of the free access to birth control. . .which obviously ey can't do, and that , in fact, even the Pope hasn't be able to do in his own backyard in overwhelmingly Catholic Italy!

and you can't abort something that hasn't even attached to the wall of the uterus. . .you can only let it attach and begin dividing, or you can eject it. That's what the morning after pill does. And NO ONE has EVER FORCED any one to use it. . . Only assure that it was available to preserve the freedom of choice that the Catholic Church was trying to take away from it's employees.

Werbung:
for the question its quite valid

Nothing wrong with the question, but if you were aware that you couldn't, in this setting, get valid data based on political leaning, why did you bother with offering axis based on party leaning? Why not just a Yes, I know about the establishment clause, no I don't, or I don't care about it?

You obviously wanted to demonstrate something. . .that only showed a bias!

Nothing wrong with the question, but if you were aware that you couldn't, in this setting, get valid data based on political leaning, why did you bother with offering axis based on party leaning? Why not just a Yes, I know about the establishment clause, no I don't, or I don't care about it?

You obviously wanted to demonstrate something. . .that only showed a bias!

it was central to the question.

sigh...

poll folks. we have other threads for this discussion.
The topic is specifically about whether or not we understand the Establishment clause, correct?

Catholics being forced by government to provide health care coverage that includes contraception is off topic, as that pertains to the free exercise clause, so I will drop that subject in this thread.

However, Open has claimed that Santorum and Bachman seek to violate the establishment clause without qualifying or supporting these claims. This casts doubt on her claim to understand the Establishment clause. Therefore, I believe that portion of our conversation is within the bounds of the topic.

The topic is specifically about whether or not we understand the Establishment clause, correct?

Catholics being forced by government to provide health care coverage that includes contraception is off topic, as that pertains to the free exercise clause, so I will drop that subject in this thread.

However, Open has claimed that Santorum and Bachman seek to violate the establishment clause without qualifying or supporting these claims. This casts doubt on her claim to understand the Establishment clause. Therefore, I believe that portion of our conversation is within the bounds of the topic.

the sigh applied to her as well.

thank you for your cooperation.

Werbung:
Back