Reality goes sureal...

Andy

Everyone once in a while I have a dream that is so real, or sureal, that I have to take a minute to shake myself back to reality, just to figure out where I am.

One example of this was where I woke up, got up, stumbled into the shower, stumbled out again, got dressed, drove to work, and no one was there. Suddenly I woke up in my bed, and realized to my horror, it had all been a dream and I had to do the whole thing over. I was very ticked off when I got to work, at having to do two whole mornings on the same day.

I've had a few dreams like that. So close to reality, that I couldn't tell it wasn't real. But never have I had it happen in mid-day, until today.

Look at these headlines...

Auto bailout tab could top $130 billion

Obama Administration Will Protect New Bank Bailout Grants: Barney Frank

More Than 17,000 Troops Headed to Afghanistan
The Obama administration will send additional troops to Afghanistan in the coming months

US President Barack Obama has signed his hard-fought(?) economic stimulus plan in Denver, after Congress approved the $787bn package last week.

So far I'm good...

Obama Has Plan to Slash Deficit, Despite Stimulus Bill

0.o ... <looks around> o.0 .... Where the heck am I?!?

Did I just fall into the twilight zone or what? You are going to deploy tens of thousands of troops to Afghanistan, distribute the rest of the $700 Billion TARP fund, pass a $787 Billion stimulus package, pass some loans to the auto manufacturers....

...and now... cut the deficit! Why yes of course! <twilight theme now>

Now if this doesn't highlight the media bias for everyone, nothing will. If this was Bush, he'd be laughed off the stage. He'd be hooted and snickered at by the press core. They'd be asking snooty and pointed questions dripping with sarcasm at the insanity of his claim....

But no, with Obama, it's treated like a brilliant move! He's signed us up for Trillions in new national debt, and trillions more in future promised payments, and now... brilliantly, he's going to cut the deficit? Of course! It all makes sense!

<slap> wake up Andy... this had got to be a dream... <slap> (looks around) <slap slap> Oh you got to be joking... <slap! slap! slap!>

:eek: No way....

Werbung:
Back