School shooter in Connecticut

USAMourning_zpsc9b59bbe.jpg

Werbung:
It seems like all these mass shootings are done by young psychotic men. They also seem to be planned. I wonder if there is enough information between all of them that shows circumstances and a pattern of behavior for parents and authorities to identify. I have read that certain mental disorders don't manifest themselves until the late teens and early twenties.

It seems like all these mass shootings are done by young psychotic men. They also seem to be planned. I wonder if there is enough information between all of them that shows circumstances and a pattern of behavior for parents and authorities to identify. I have read that certain mental disorders don't manifest themselves until the late teens and early twenties.

Could it be that all those wonderful drugs the establishment demands be implanted in young boys, be the cause?

guncontrol.jpg

Schools are "Gun Free" zones... This elementary school, Virginia Tech, Columbine and probably more I'm forgetting... Point is, you'll never hear about a mass shooting at an NRA convention, the shooting range, or a gun show. Mass shooters may be insane, but they aren't crazy... They'll always choose the victims who have been legally disarmed, they can't shoot back.
Didn't someone just shoot up a shopping mall in Oregon?
How is that a gun free zone?

No, I think the shooters are crazy, or they wouldn't do what they do.

The shooter's mother was an avid gun collector who often took her sons to a shooting range and she legally owned a military-style assault weapon which was used by Adam Lanza and she was partly responsible for what happened at the elementary school by leaving those guns accessible to her autistic son with violent streaks even though she was his first victim.

the right to bear arms is much more important than seeking to ban them
A gun ban was already in place, the school was a "Gun Free" zone... So yes, it is more important that law abiding citizens be legally allowed to defend themselves against criminals who care nothing about the law.

Your reasoning is analogous to the following...

You wondering when your wife will have an affair. You share your wonderment with a third party (another retired p-school teacher), who concludes from your wonderment that YOU are having an affair.

The reasoning of a p-school teacher! ;)

You should start a thread on this type of reasoning so all us can LEARN from it.
Your reasoning is muddled, confused, and illogical.
And this incident has nothing to do with right vs left.

Didn't someone just shoot up a shopping mall in Oregon?
How is that a gun free zone?

No, I think the shooters are crazy, or they wouldn't do what they do.
The Oregon mall was a "gun free" zone:

The Clackamas Town Center mall is apparently a “gun-free zone,” where firearms, including those carried lawfully by licensed citizens, are prohibited.

Also, I never claimed that every mass shooting takes place in a "Gun Free" zone, just that mass shooters prefer their victims to be legally unarmed and unable to defend themselves.

And this incident has nothing to do with right vs left.
Except that every time a shooting occurs the Left tries to exploit the tragedy with emotional appeals and push for gun bans... If you want to lecture someone, lecture the Left, they're the ones who make mass shootings about politics.

The Oregon mall was a "gun free" zone:

The Clackamas Town Center mall is apparently a “gun-free zone,” where firearms, including those carried lawfully by licensed citizens, are prohibited.

Also, I never claimed that every mass shooting takes place in a "Gun Free" zone, just that mass shooters prefer their victims to be legally unarmed and unable to defend themselves.

I didn't know that. I thought that, if you had a concealed carry permit, you could carry just about anywhere but schools and airports.

If the shooters are crazy, and are going to shoot themselves anyway, why worry about whether the victims may be armed?

Werbung:
Except that every time a shooting occurs the Left tries to exploit the tragedy with emotional appeals and push for gun bans... If you want to lecture someone, lecture the Left, they're the ones who make mass shootings about politics.

He does not comprehend the meaning of your post....

Back