Should California legalize marijuana for recreational use?

Werbung:
Re: Putting all of your worries to rest...LA has it figured out!

In all seriousness--where do you stop? I've really got no beef with weed--it doesn't appear to be any worse for you than tobacco or alcohol. But what about the more powerful, more addictive drugs? If the goal is to reduce the criminal element, shouldn't we just legalize them all? Should we extend that to prescription drugs? I could save a lot of Dr. visits (and health care costs) if I could just get antibiotics and other simple meds as I needed them.

My only fear is streets full of drugged out zombies driving around crashing into sober people. Not to mention the coked out paranoids, crazed meth-heads, etc. How far is too far?
Well, your greatest fear is happening right around us each and every day 24/7 and I live in the most rural point of central USA and I have it on each corner of a five block area in the minute little berg of Kansas. I've seen the meth heads/cocaine freaks and they aren't the marijuana smokers...believe me.

A good old toke on a 'RIGHTEOUS MARY JANE' doesn't make a person want to rush out and do anything that would mean moving/driving/exerting any energy...but I have first hand witnessed the way in which a throat cancer patient can get through a day without being loaded up on morphine, the way in which a highly agitated Autistic child will slow down {not have to have a helmet on his/her head for their own protection} but still be able to function/listen/learn/pay attention...it's high time that we took the stigma off of the holistic uses of marijuana and put it to good use instead of 'fearing the worst case scenario that we've all been told! ;) IMHO

In all seriousness--where do you stop? I've really got no beef with weed--it doesn't appear to be any worse for you than tobacco or alcohol. But what about the more powerful, more addictive drugs? If the goal is to reduce the criminal element, shouldn't we just legalize them all? Should we extend that to prescription drugs? I could save a lot of Dr. visits (and health care costs) if I could just get antibiotics and other simple meds as I needed them.

My only fear is streets full of drugged out zombies driving around crashing into sober people. Not to mention the coked out paranoids, crazed meth-heads, etc. How far is too far?

not rx, but all recreational.

up the ante on "under the influence to the point that only an idiot would do it and you are back to where it is now.

Let's hear it. Its on the ballot this year in one of the most liberal states in America? I say they won't because even though Californians like to pride themselves in sticking it to the Feds. We all seen what happened to Gay Marriage in that state?

I DO KNOW if I lived in present day California , I would need to smoke something!! Just do not give me any of the "heavy stuff" Obama enhales!!
It seems to FOG up his "PROMPTER " and causes all kinds of NONSENSE to come out!! State of The Union will be a ILLUSION , I'm sure!

"Lay it on'em BRO, the juice from your pipe is soooo sweet."

Well, your greatest fear is happening right around us each and every day 24/7 and I live in the most rural point of central USA and I have it on each corner of a five block area in the minute little berg of Kansas. I've seen the meth heads/cocaine freaks and they aren't the marijuana smokers...believe me.

A good old toke on a 'RIGHTEOUS MARY JANE' doesn't make a person want to rush out and do anything that would mean moving/driving/exerting any energy...but I have first hand witnessed the way in which a throat cancer patient can get through a day without being loaded up on morphine, the way in which a highly agitated Autistic child will slow down {not have to have a helmet on his/her head for their own protection} but still be able to function/listen/learn/pay attention...it's high time that we took the stigma off of the holistic uses of marijuana and put it to good use instead of 'fearing the worst case scenario that we've all been told! ;) IMHO

Nice soapbox soliloquy, but it's not clear you answered my question--do you only support marijuana legalization, the elimination of all drug laws, or somewhere in between. And if the latter--where do we stop?

Nice soapbox soliloquy, but it's not clear you answered my question--do you only support marijuana legalization, the elimination of all drug laws, or somewhere in between. And if the latter--where do we stop?
GOOD GRIEF...you need a index for my reasons...after all that talk about why marijuana needs to be legalized...well, OK.

1. We need to legalize Marijuana and the reasons are two fold: it has been proven to be highly beneficial for cancer patients for enhancing their need to eat, and for the future studies as with children suffering from Autism...we have just touched the tip of this ice berg for holistic healing properties and had we spent the billions that we have in the past on just say 'NO' and the WAR ON DRUGS for marijuana R & D then who knows were we'd be today!

2. Meth/cocaine are so highly addictive and cause an instantaneous addiction that they need to be treated as much as a morphine/prescription drug addict is in today world. There is no medical reason for utilizing those drugs as well as the teenagers that 'HUFF Aerosol Sprays'...it will kill you in the end!

Have I provided you with enough éclaircissement? :)

GOOD GRIEF...you need a index for my reasons...after all that talk about why marijuana needs to be legalized...well, OK.

1. We need to legalize Marijuana and the reasons are two fold: it has been proven to be highly beneficial for cancer patients for enhancing their need to eat, and for the future studies as with children suffering from Autism...we have just touched the tip of this ice berg for holistic healing properties and had we spent the billions that we have in the past on just say 'NO' and the WAR ON DRUGS for marijuana R & D then who knows were we'd be today!

2. Meth/cocaine are so highly addictive and cause an instantaneous addiction that they need to be treated as much as a morphine/prescription drug addict is in today world. There is no medical reason for utilizing those drugs as well as the teenagers that 'HUFF Aerosol Sprays'...it will kill you in the end!

Thank you! I've been brain damaged by too many politicians to understand anything but the simplest of statements, without any room for wiggle, doublespeak, or "what I really meant was..." Of course, you've just shattered any hope of a future in politics--but you're probably better for it. Vielen Dank!

blacks and hispanics dot much care I'd think.
it passes.

Now which Blacks and Hispanics we talking about? The ones that live in the urban areas or the ones that live in the Suburbs? I mean to be honest if California does approve the legalization of Marijuana then the state only looks like a hypocrite in the end. I mean to say to gay and lesbians we won't allow you to marry however here is a bowl to smoke your troubles away. It doesn't make any sense and I bring up the gay marriage thing because it does play a lot as to whether or not legalization passes. You can't deny one segment of society and at the same time approve a form of addiction in the end? Yes Marijuana is habit forming because I have a 57 year old father who has been smoking it since the age of 14 so I know what I'm talking about.

Friend of mine smokes it because it helps with her Post Traumatic Stress. It has been shown to help block painful memories...They fill her full of meds for Depression and crap....and only thing that ever makes her feel right and sane and happy and good...is Pot...of course if it was vodka she would be just a normal person who drinks a bit to much...but rather she is a Criminal

I think they should legalize marijuana, even though I don't smoke it, but they should legalize it. If you're 18 years old & over you should be able to drink alcohol & smoke pot if you want to. I believe the legalization of marijuana will be in California & the whole country before 2020.

Thank you! I've been brain damaged by too many politicians to understand anything but the simplest of statements, without any room for wiggle, doublespeak, or "what I really meant was..." Of course, you've just shattered any hope of a future in politics--but you're probably better for it. Vielen Dank!

'Respice - Adspice - Prospice' Since I sincerely doubt your cranium damage...from the clarity of your threads and replies {not that I'm calling you a liar} I will steadfastly deny that you are ill prepared to be future canidate, in any party, for any seat, in any election that you would apply your finite focus upon ;)

Now which Blacks and Hispanics we talking about? The ones that live in the urban areas or the ones that live in the Suburbs? I mean to be honest if California does approve the legalization of Marijuana then the state only looks like a hypocrite in the end. I mean to say to gay and lesbians we won't allow you to marry however here is a bowl to smoke your troubles away. It doesn't make any sense and I bring up the gay marriage thing because it does play a lot as to whether or not legalization passes. You can't deny one segment of society and at the same time approve a form of addiction in the end? Yes Marijuana is habit forming because I have a 57 year old father who has been smoking it since the age of 14 so I know what I'm talking about.

sodomy is habit forming ?

these are unrelated matters.

I have a feeling that BigPharma is going to get dealt a blow with the healthcare reform that will be passed soon.

As a the concession Obama could throw them, he could re-iterate the federal position that pot is illegal. Homegrown pot is subject to zero regulations as to quality, potency and whether or not the hippie that grew it decided to spray it with pesticides and "fib" about it being organic.

Pot use is replacing sleep aids, blood pressure meds, pain medication and so on. It HAS to be of concern to Bigpharma as people will replace those legit meds with free homegrown pot? It's possible that if it was made illegal again, BigPharma could contribute to police organizations earmarking most of the funds for suppression and a certain percentage for general law enforcement.

This could be the "bone" that team-Obama throws to MedMob to keep them from coming unglued when the axe falls? And we could save taxpayers law-enforcement funds?

I have a feeling that BigPharma is going to get dealt a blow with the healthcare reform that will be passed soon.

As a the concession Obama could throw them, he could re-iterate the federal position that pot is illegal. Homegrown pot is subject to zero regulations as to quality, potency and whether or not the hippie that grew it decided to spray it with pesticides and "fib" about it being organic.

Pot use is replacing sleep aids, blood pressure meds, pain medication and so on. It HAS to be of concern to Bigpharma as people will replace those legit meds with free homegrown pot? It's possible that if it was made illegal again, BigPharma could contribute to police organizations earmarking most of the funds for suppression and a certain percentage for general law enforcement.

This could be the "bone" that team-Obama throws to MedMob to keep them from coming unglued when the axe falls? And we could save taxpayers law-enforcement funds?

You could be on to something here...should 'BIG PHARMA' turn it's evil greedy eye upon some home grown holistic application for marijuana they may/most likely take to running anti ads as they did with the prescription drugs that we could order from Canada and save thousands of dollars each year. It won't be a dull year waiting for those henchmen to start manipulating the public on the 'BEWARE ADS' to instill the fear ;)

Werbung:

It is my understanding (was told by a former Danish citizen), that in Denmark an addict could walk into any police station and register as an addict and from that point on, he could obtain drugs for free for his own use. The addict thus did not have to resort to crime to maintain and expensive habit. In such Liberal European countries it is also my understanding that "drunk driving" just is not done because it has a cultural prohabiton...a persons relatives, friends, acquaintances influence, prohibit the intoxicated person from driving. Whereas in the USA, such cultural influences are not practiced and or effective.

Back