Should California legalize marijuana for recreational use?

You're really good at purposeful obfuscation. You remind me of someone..

Did I EVER say that I expected complete eradication of its use among minors? Did I? No, really, did I?

What I SAID was that it should be treated as abnormal, discouraged. Obviously its use won't be eliminated but there is a danger to future generations of normalizing something that is detrimental in general. If only the people saying they need it for health were really being honest. Most of the people I know who have the medical permits are just doing what they always did before...puffing away endlessly stoned without ambition and complaining about aches and pains like they are life-threatening illness.

It's a ruse, a sham and a waste of good human potential. Make it legitimized and you'll have just that many more people thinking it's "normal" to go around in a somatic fog. Stoners don't produce. People who don't produce are defined as burdens. Do we want a future of burdensome people or productive ones?

Do you get it now dogtowner?

Quick trivia question: Do I believe that all pot use will be eradicated among either adults or minors as a result of keeping it regulated or illegal?

A. "Yes" or B. "No" ?

Take your time. Try not to misread or trip yourself up..lol..

I can tell you this, as a minor, it was alot easier to get pot then it was booze.

Werbung:
Silhouette, the only curbs on the sale of drugs that I am in favour of are that they are sold through pharamacies and are only available to those over 18.

This thread is really rich...

The libs say legalize it because the War on Drugs aint' workin...well by that logic the War on Poverty sure is hell aint' working (and all of liberalism) either so lets stop it...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO says the kooky lib. :eek:

Now lets see here, alcoholism is a major problem in our nation. It has ruined countless lives (thank God the Great Glenn Beck beat it:D), has killed and maimed countless on our roads, and costs the nation millions is lost time, medical care, and productivity.

So, let's legalize another drug with the potential to do the same. Makes sense in the Age of Ignorance (aka liberalism)

- the death of liberalism can't come too soon...

Silhouette, the only curbs on the sale of drugs that I am in favour of are that they are sold through pharamacies and are only available to those over 18.
Well isn't that what medicinal Marijuana is currently...except that the FED's still can come bust your arse if you are caught with it...that double standard that we have ongoing is just insane...IMO

Well what about the CIA paying anti Cuban terrorists in cocaine or the military bringing back opium in body bags from Nam?

The US Government is a drug dealer.

Werbung:
Gipper, pot's effects are not even in the same league of deadliness as alcohol. It's misinformation like this that gives fuel to the pro-pot advocates to normalize it.

But what would Rush do? Or Bush since he did Cocaine? ~pocket
lol...Those guys got their starts in the cocaine '80s when Bush's daddy was overseeing its import in huge masses via, I believe if memory serves, government planes. It was an old trick he learned from his days of overseeing the 'Nam War when the CIA was into selling heroin to troops to recoup some of the costs of that war.

The gist of all this was that cocaine, due to its free-flowing presence and officials looking the other way was "normal". In other words if you didn't do it you were "weird". I remember a poker game I attended at a friend's house back then. We were all good before then. We sat down, shuffled the cards, dealt them out. Then to the table his wife brought oyster shooters served with some nice white wine. Then out came the mirror about half way through. They passed it around and when it came to me, I said "no thanks" [having tried it before and due to liking it too much and its expense, immediately sensed the danger in continuing]. After I turned it down there was this audible silence where everyone looked at each other as if to say "what a snob!". I wasn't invited back ever again in spite of being a good player and otherwise good company.

That's how "normal" can devastate an entire culture. Peer pressure to be "normal" is how we learn as infants. It's the seed of everything we do psychologically speaking. This is the harm of making pot legal: not traffic deaths or other accidents not ever statistically supported as compared to alcohol. Not by a long shot. I had a similar experience with pot when I quit smoking it as a teenager back in the 70s. It was so prevalent then and you were "weird" if you didn't smoke it. When I quit, I cannot tell you how many friends stopped calling after turning down joints in a circle as it was passed around. I would even say, "no, it's cool, I'm not judging, it just makes me too paranoid". This only made it worse as they then surmised undoubtedly [in pot-induced paranoia] that I was making a statement about them...lol.. Yet another weird way somatic hazes can twist reality.

Back