Slaughtering wolves from planes

Werbung:
No, it's not your heart, it's your HEAD! It's called PREDATOR CONTROL, and with the number of wolves up there, their packs HAVE to be thinned.

If it'll make you feel any better, look at it this way, it evens up the odds a bit. After all, it's so much harder to hit a moving target FROM a moving target that you wouldn't believe it.

Personally, I've thought that that would be a good way of thinning the Code Pink herds! ROTFLMFAO!!!!

No, it's not your heart, it's your HEAD! It's called PREDATOR CONTROL, and with the number of wolves up there, their packs HAVE to be thinned.

If it'll make you feel any better, look at it this way, it evens up the odds a bit. After all, it's so much harder to hit a moving target FROM a moving target that you wouldn't believe it.

Personally, I've thought that that would be a good way of thinning the Code Pink herds! ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Alaskan residents have twice passed initiatives banning the practice. So I guess I'm not alone in my thinking that this is barbaric.

Which shows me that Palin is the kind of leader we need. She is not a wuss to support her personal convictions on issues, instead of some who change their views to whatever is politically expedient at the time.

As to this specific issue. I'm indifferent. That should be handled locally.

I'm not voting for McCain on the basis of wolf hunting.

Alaskan residents have twice passed initiatives banning the practice. So I guess I'm not alone in my thinking that this is barbaric.

Whats your "Utopian" solution to controlling a population of predators?

These wolfs are a danger to livestock, endangered species in the region, House pets like your dog and cat, as well as children and adults:

Source: CNN
Added On December 22, 2007: A pack of wolves confront three terrified women and their dogs in Elmendorf, Alaska. KTVA reports.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - An Alaskan child was bitten by a wolf at a remote southeast Alaska logging camp, the first incident of its kind in recent Alaska history, officials reported Thursday.

Also... You FAILED to mention that PALIN WAS NOT GOVERNOR AT THE TIME... I'm sure that was merely an oversight on your part, as you would NEVER intentionally misconstrue, or otherwise distort, reality to suit your political goals.

Some politicians cited the Icy Bay wolf attack as evidence that the state should do more to thin out wolf packs.

``This is the result of irresponsible management,'' state Sen. Pete Kelly, a Fairbanks Republican, said in a speech Thursday in the state capitol in Juneau.

He also blamed out-of-state environmentalists, ``incredibly well-funded outside influences that have made wolves sacred in this state, wolves that are coming in dragging our children off into the woods to eat them alive.''

Kelly and other state lawmakers, along with rural residents and hunters are advocating a state-authorized wolf kill to boost populations of moose and caribou.

The Republican-controlled legislature last week overrode a veto by Democratic Gov. Tony Knowles of a bill expanding wolf hunting. Under the bill, anyone with a hunting or trapping license will be allowed to track wolves by airplane and kill the animals on the same day.

I'd say Gov. Palin has good reason to support such a position and I would guess by her 80-90% approval rating as Gov. that Alaskans - the people IN STATE that have to deal with the wolf population - also agree.

Whats your "Utopian" solution to controlling a population of predators?

These wolfs are a danger to livestock, endangered species in the region, House pets like your dog and cat, as well as children and adults:

Source: CNN
Added On December 22, 2007: A pack of wolves confront three terrified women and their dogs in Elmendorf, Alaska. KTVA reports.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - An Alaskan child was bitten by a wolf at a remote southeast Alaska logging camp, the first incident of its kind in recent Alaska history, officials reported Thursday.

Also... You FAILED to mention that PALIN WAS NOT GOVERNOR AT THE TIME... I'm sure that was merely an oversight on your part, as you would NEVER intentionally misconstrue, or otherwise distort, reality to suit your political goals.

I'd say Gov. Palin has good reason to support such a position and I would guess by her 80-90% approval rating as Gov. that Alaskans - the people IN STATE that have to deal with the wolf population - also agree.

Palin has gone and put a bounty on wolves much like was done with the gray wolf out west when it was hunted almost to extinction. People like you would have supported that as well.

As for Palin's motives, she has battled critics of aerial wolf hunting with the support of the Alaska Outdoor Council, a lobbying organization for hunting, fishing and recreation groups. In other words, those that kill potential wolf prey for fun and Palin, in cutting down the predators, is making sure they have enough moose, caribou etc. to get their kicks out of killing. Let me add, that I am not referring to subsistence hunters, I'm talking about so called urban hunters that go to Alaska to trophy hunt.

Gordon Haber is a wildlife scientist who has studied wolves in Alaska for 43 years. "On wildlife-related issues, whether it is polar bears or predator controls, she has shown no inclination to be objective," he says of Palin. "I cannot find credible scientific data to support their arguments," he adds about the state's rationale for gunning down wolves. "In most cases, there is evidence to the contrary."

Last year, 172 scientists signed a letter to Palin, expressing concern about the lack of science behind the state's wolf-killing operation. According to the scientists, state officials set population objectives for moose and caribou based on "unattainable, unsustainable historically high populations." As a result, the "inadequately designed predator control programs" threatened the long-term health of both the ungulate and wolf populations. The scientists concluded with a plea to Palin to consider the conservation of wolves and bears "on an equal basis with the goal of producing more ungulates for hunters.

http://www.salon.com/env/feature/2008/09/08/sarah_palin_wolves/?source=newsletter

Palin has gone and put a bounty on wolves much like was done with the gray wolf out west when it was hunted almost to extinction. People like you would have supported that as well.

As for Palin's motives, she has battled critics of aerial wolf hunting with the support of the Alaska Outdoor Council, a lobbying organization for hunting, fishing and recreation groups. In other words, they kill potential wolf prey for fun and Palin, in cutting down the predators, is making sure they get their kicks out of shooting moose, caribou etc. Let me add, that I am not referring to subsistence hunters, I'm talking about so called urban hunters that go to Alaska to trophy hunt.

http://www.salon.com/env/feature/2008/09/08/sarah_palin_wolves/?source=newsletter

So having Sarah Palin become the VP pick has made you interested in this topic? How very cute.

You had nothing to say about it in the last thread posted on the same topic. 5 full pages of posts on it and you put in one post that said you understood things were differnt in Alaska

how its horrible evil and bad and Sarah Palin is to blame. She got one mention and not by name in the last post. Bunz said that PETA sent her a post card once a year and told people not to travel there.

other than that she is not mentioned and she was not mentioned in the article that Bunz posted with the first story. The only information in that was the fact that ....State wildlife officials believe they have saved more than 1,400 moose or nearly 3,000 caribou --

Perhaps you are now against Caribou since you have given the new VP pick the nick ?

So having Sarah Palin become the VP pick has made you interested in this topic? How very cute.

You had nothing to say about it in the last thread posted on the same topic. 5 full pages of posts on it and you put in one post that said you understood things were differnt in Alaska

how its horrible evil and bad and Sarah Palin is to blame. She got one mention and not by name in the last post. Bunz said that PETA sent her a post card once a year and told people not to travel there.

other than that she is not mentioned and she was not mentioned in the article that Bunz posted with the first story. The only information in that was the fact that ....State wildlife officials believe they have saved more than 1,400 moose or nearly 3,000 caribou --

Perhaps you are now against Caribou since you have given the new VP pick the nick ?

And who are they saving that moose and caribou for? Subsistence hunters or out of state trophy hunters? If it's for out of state trophy hunters the killing of the wolves is wrong.

You know one of the main reasons I identify more with the Democratic party as opposed to the Republicans is the environment. Republicans seem to have very little respect for other living things.

As the president of the Friends of Animals said... "Palin acts like she has never met an animal she didn't want shot." I've known people like that and they make me sick.

And who are they saving that moose and caribou for? Subsistence hunters or out of state trophy hunters? If it's for out of state trophy hunters the killing of the wolves is wrong.

You know one of the main reasons I identify more with the Democratic party as opposed to the Republicans is the environment. Republicans seem to have very little respect for other living things.

As the president of the Friends of Animals said... "Palin acts like she has never met an animal she didn't want shot." I've known people like that and they make me sick.

The people there use both for food. I think Bunz posted to the canadian when the canaidan talked about our beef that he lived mostly on wild game. I know my friends who live in Alaska eat almost all wild game.

the point though is this

you never got your panties in a wad the last time the topic came up. in 5 pages of the thread you only posted once and all you said about the topic was that you understood things were differnt in Alaska

now you are all freaking out about it. You are upset because you hate Sarah Palin, and you are trying to blame her for this. You did not hate her before she was named VP. You gave another post about her that she praised your messiah and had nothing bad to say about her in that post either.

Be consistant!

Wasn't one of the things the libs whimper about for arctic drilling is that it'll spoil the view or something for the caribou? Ahh, but having them eaten alive by wolves is better! :D

Wasn't one of the things the libs whimper about for arctic drilling is that it'll spoil the view or something for the caribou? Ahh, but having them eaten alive by wolves is better! :D

Well you can use the dont drill because of the Caribou only until you need to do a hit piece on the Gov. then the Caribou are only for sports hunting :)

you have to think like a lib LIbsmasher :)

Some background info:

[Gorden]Haber, who is funded by and reports to the Connecticut-based animal-rights group Friends of Animals

Mr. Haber was also sued by a trapper for releasing a wolf he had snared and filming the event as a publicity stunt for the people funding him:

In addition to economic damage, Johnson argued that Haber was acting along with Friends of Animals to create a sensationalized videotape and damage his reputation for fund-raising purposes.

Although both Haber and Friends of Animals maintain that Haber is an independent research biologist who happens to receive funding from the animal rights group, the jury decided that Haber was in fact acting as an employee of Friends of Animals when he released the wolf from the trap...

Friends of Animals, who paid all of the legal fees for their non-employee Haber has not yet decided whether it will appeal the jury verdict.

"[Gov. Palin] has shown no inclination to be objective"--Gorden Haber

Gorden himself doesn't look to be objective and I'm sure he loves the publicity that he, and his employer, have received from cashing in on Palin Derangement Syndrome.

Well I deleted the last sentence of the post, but I agree with this part. Imagine that. Federal Farmer and I agree on this issue.

It is worthy to note that Alaskans defeated the lastest attept, literally the day before it was announced Palin would be the VP pick. Aerial predator control has been endorsed by the majority of Alaskans just 3 weeks ago.

Werbung:
Which shows me that Palin is the kind of leader we need. She is not a wuss to support her personal convictions on issues, instead of some who change their views to whatever is politically expedient at the time.
Dont be mistaken, at every turn, Palin is a poppulist. Her personal convictions are what is the latest poppular stance on various issues. Nothing less.
As to this specific issue. I'm indifferent. That should be handled locally.

I'm not voting for McCain on the basis of wolf hunting.
Fair enough and I agree. Predator control is a local issue. Unfortunately, in the past it has been skewed by outside interests. Alaskans have finally awaken to the emotional lower 48 arguments about local issues. I dont imagine a future similar effort will get enough traction to even get on the ballot.

Back