Some religions must be false.

If God created the world and everything in it and he knew how it would turn out then he is responsible for everything that happens inclduing the famine, war, disease etc.
He didn't have to make the world but he still did knowing how it would go. And for some of the poor bastards he created he saved up eternal burning for not thinking the way he wants them too.

What a monster.

Good job he doesn't exist.

Werbung:
If God created the world and everything in it and he knew how it would turn out then he is responsible for everything that happens inclduing the famine, war, disease etc.
He didn't have to make the world but he still did knowing how it would go. And for some of the poor bastards he created he saved up eternal burning for not thinking the way he wants them too.

What a monster.

Good job he doesn't exist.

Most of the disasters you list are man made, not god made. It isn't God who gave us war, for example. Disease may not be man made, but it is something that we are quickly learning to overcome. Many of life's hardships are there for us to overcome, and to learn and grow in the process. Famine is generally a breakdown in distribution, which is man's fault. Learning to end famine is one more challenge we can meet and master, if we will.

God did not create the world to be without challenges, nor did he create us to be immortal. Sooner or later, we all die, whether it is of disease, war, famine, or simply old age.

And, only a small number of fundamental Christians believe that god will punish people for not believing in the right god. That, too, is a creation of humankind.

So you ignore my point about god creating the world in the knwoledge of how it all play out.

And then go on with some bizarre mind reading of god that suits your hopes.

It is usually children that believe in stuff just because they want it to be true.

Like imaginary friends.

So you ignore my point about god creating the world in the knwoledge of how it all play out.

And then go on with some bizarre mind reading of god that suits your hopes.

It is usually children that believe in stuff just because they want it to be true.

Like imaginary friends.

Was that supposed to be a response to my post?

Nope. You didn't get it.

yes it was.

If god exists according to the bible he made the world and he knew how it would play out.

He could have not made it at all.

But he made it with all the horror that has comes with the package.

So it is down to him.

If that is too hard for you to grasp I am not surprised as fact and reason to do not weigh heavy amongst christians.

You state that god made the world with challenges etc. How do you know?

Were you on the phone to god asking him what is this week's interpretation of the bible now that science has debunked yet another 'literal truth'.

I love that. The bible is literally true until science comes along and then it is suddenly allegorical and everyone knows what god really meant.

What a joke.

yes it was.

If god exists according to the bible he made the world and he knew how it would play out.

He could have not made it at all.

But he made it with all the horror that has comes with the package.

So it is down to him.

If that is too hard for you to grasp I am not surprised as fact and reason to do not weigh heavy amongst christians.

You state that god made the world with challenges etc. How do you know?

Were you on the phone to god asking him what is this week's interpretation of the bible now that science has debunked yet another 'literal truth'.

I love that. The bible is literally true until science comes along and then it is suddenly allegorical and everyone knows what god really meant.

What a joke.

You clearly do not grasp the christian religion. Ever heard of "free will"

Oh come on.

This is getting hard.

God created free will in the knowledge of how it would be used.

So it is down to him.

Is that simple argument really too hard for you to understand?????

Oh come on.

This is getting hard.

So it is down to him.

Religions do not teach that. God created free will but it is up to us how it gets used. Augustine explains it quite well.

Oh come on.

This is getting hard.

So it is down to him.

Do you think that god set out to create a perfect world for us imperfect beings? No, he created the world, then turned us loose to use our free will and profit from our mistakes. Of course, god new we would make mistakes.

Have you ever learned anything without making mistakes?

If you say believe that god is omniscient then you are obliged to accept that he knew how free will would be used.

If he did not know that he is not omniscient.

If he could not have made a ddifferent choice and done it differently he is not omnipotent.

I am afraid there is no way out of this argument.

God is either responsible for what happens or he is not god,

If you say believe that god is omniscient then you are obliged to accept that he knew how free will would be used.

If he could not have made a ddifferent choice and done it differently he is not omnipotent.

The church does not beleive or teach that however.

Link

Also you ignore that some religions view god as not both omnipotent and omnicient in their own teachings.

Of course he knew what how our free will would be used, just as I said above. Your argument revolves around the idea that god set out to make a perfect world, therefore, all of the imperfections are the fault of god. God did not set out to make a perfect world, but one in which we could exercise our free will and live with the consequences of that free will.

The fact that there are so many different accounts of god and who/what he/she/it is is just a reinforcement of the fact that man made god in his own image

The fact that there are so many different accounts of god and who/what he/she/it is is just a reinforcement of the fact that man made god in his own image

If the idea is God is all powerful, then why cant he/she/it be different things to different people?

Werbung:

That just means that we don't know the mind of god, or what god really is. Such concepts may be beyond human understanding.

The premise of this thread is that some religions must be false. Of course, we know that to be true, as there are so many different concepts of god. That there are false religions doesn't disprove the existence of god. Even if you could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Christianity is one of those false religions, which would also be impossible, that still would not disprove the existence of god.

How can anyone look at the complexity of nature and believe that it all came about with no intelligent guidance, as a series of serendipitous accidents?

Not that such complexity proves the existence of god, of course, but it does make it difficult for non believers to continue in their denial.

Back