The Bible; The Unabridged-Version

Mr. Shaman

This is gonna drive our local-"moralists" NUTZ!!!

It appears this is "The Good Book"; pre-cherry-picking days.​

"The world's oldest known Christian Bible goes online Monday -- but the 1,600-year-old text doesn't match the one you'll find in churches today.

Discovered in a monastery in the Sinai desert in Egypt more than 160 years ago, the handwritten Codex Sinaiticus includes two books that are not part of the official New Testament and at least seven books that are not in the Old Testament.

The New Testament books are in a different order, and include numerous handwritten corrections -- some made as much as 800 years after the texts were written, according to scholars who worked on the project of putting the Bible online. The changes range from the alteration of a single letter to the insertion of whole sentences.

And some familiar -- very important -- passages are missing, including verses dealing with the resurrection of Jesus, they said.

Juan Garces, the British Library project curator, said it should be no surprise that the ancient text is not quite the same as the modern one, since the Bible has developed and changed over the years."
Maybe our "moralists" need to spend a little-more-time with this, before they continue to tell others how to live their lives.....and, who to vote-for. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
there is alot of stuff missing and changed from early texts, and quit" a few major branches of translation. Things like "let he without sin cast the first stone" is not found in early texts. Some of the things you find changed seem to have been changed to make the story fit the view they held...others becuse they felt part was in error so they "corrected" it...making stories not make sense in context with others becuse one person changed the meaning and thus the stories dont match up right anymore....there are so many errors in the book today that its hard to belive people still take it word for work with no context at all in mind.

Maybe our "moralists" need to spend a little-more-time with this, before they continue to tell others how to live their lives.....and, who to vote-for.

its hard to belive people still take it word for work with no context at all in mind

Al, Wright, Jesse, and Hagee are indeed preaching to morons.

It appears this is "The Good Book"; pre-cherry-picking days.
Then there are the the kind that wear their lack of morality like a badge of honor that think that this isn't "old news".....

And then there are people who educate themselves and have a mind of their own, something else foreign to a lot of 'non moralists" ... like graduation from High School.

FAITH UNDER FIRE
Graduating students defy ACLU
Seniors stand and recite Lord's Prayer

Posted: June 05, 2009
10:45 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Principal Frank Lay

Members of the graduating class of 2009 at Florida's Pace High School have expressed their objections to ACLU restrictions on statements of religious faith at their school by rising up en masse at their ceremony and reciting the Lord's Prayer.

The incident happened just days ago, but has been virtually ignored by media outlets throughout the region, according to officials with Liberty Counsel, a legal team representing Principal Frank Lay and teacher Michelle Winkler in their battle with the ACLU, which had complained that faculty and teachers were talking about their beliefs.

Nearly 400 graduating seniors at Pace, a Santa Rosa County school, stood up at their graduation, according to Mathew Staver, president of Liberty Counsel.

Parents, family and friends joined in the recitation, and applauded the students when they were finished, Staver told WND.

Al, Wright, Jesse, and Hagee are indeed preaching to morons.

Then there are the the kind that wear their lack of morality like a badge of honor that think that this isn't "old news".....

And then there are people who educate themselves and have a mind of their own, something else foreign to a lot of 'non moralists" ... like graduation from High School.

FAITH UNDER FIRE
Graduating students defy ACLU
Seniors stand and recite Lord's Prayer

Posted: June 05, 2009
10:45 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Principal Frank Lay

Members of the graduating class of 2009 at Florida's Pace High School have expressed their objections to ACLU restrictions on statements of religious faith at their school by rising up en masse at their ceremony and reciting the Lord's Prayer.

The incident happened just days ago, but has been virtually ignored by media outlets throughout the region, according to officials with Liberty Counsel, a legal team representing Principal Frank Lay and teacher Michelle Winkler in their battle with the ACLU, which had complained that faculty and teachers were talking about their beliefs.

Nearly 400 graduating seniors at Pace, a Santa Rosa County school, stood up at their graduation, according to Mathew Staver, president of Liberty Counsel.

Parents, family and friends joined in the recitation, and applauded the students when they were finished, Staver told WND.

A mind of their own? Despite what traditional RW liar World Nutz Daily may want you to think...a signinficant percentage of those students stood up no doubt due to pressure from their peers and the parents.

Why don't you try addressing the fact that the Bible is not much more than a hoax, perpetrated by those who wanted the masses to believe a certain way. How foolish one must be to take such nonsense word for word...

Why don't you try addressing the fact that the Bible is not much more than a hoax, perpetrated by those who wanted the masses to believe a certain way.

Oh... Like Man Made Climate Change!

Goran_Climatologists.jpg

Yes, it is, but I never thought that you would admit that. Have you given up Christianity totally now?
I'm Non-Religious... Stereotype much?

Anti-Theism in America:

I am Non-Religious. I used to consider myself an Atheist before I realized that most people who call themselves Athiests are not, in fact, most who call themselves Atheists are Anti-Theists who seek to remove all religious influence from all society as they believe such Authoritarian and intolerant dogma's can benefit mankind... So, I now consider myself Non-Religious to prevent from being confused with such hate filled bile.

Glad to see you agree that Man Made Climate Change is:

a hoax, perpetrated by those who wanted the masses to believe a certain way.

Ah I was gonna say I had thought you were not Christian or any religion, then Mare's post confused me. I had felt bad for not remembering that you were religous.

I feel better now, I am glad I remembered correctly.

I thought that you were refering to Christianity--you didn't specify. I've seen nothing to prove one way or the other about man made global warming. I know it's silly, but I think I'll wait till I have some proof before I start abusing people who seem to feel differently than I do. Not that you have to do that, I don't require others to live as I choose to live.

did like any of those posts have much to do with the bible talked about? seemed just all over there to me...

There was a book put out a decade ago about the Codex Sinaiticus, it was called THE SECRETS OF MOUNT SINAI, I don't recall the author. The Codex casts Christianity in a far different light than the Bibles of today. It becomes painfully obvious to anyone who looks honestly that the Bibles we use now have been edited, changed, massaged, and twisted for very human ends.

Another book that is quite good is THE FIRST COMING: How the Kingdom of God Became Christianity by Thomas Sheehan. He postulates and supports the idea that Peter got Jesus' message wrong, that Jesus was just a messenger not the message. That because of Peter's mistake the teachings of Jesus became a religion which was actually the last thing that Jesus wanted. Sheehan is a theologian and the work is somewhat technical so most people never bother to wade through it, which is too bad because it's excellent.

I've seen nothing to prove one way or the other about man made global warming.
But you have proof that Christianity is a hoax?

I know it's silly, but I think I'll wait till I have some proof before I start abusing people who seem to feel differently than I do.
Yet this is not your reaction to Christianity... Presumably because you have some "proof" that that their religion is a hoax...

Why then do you cast dispersions on my reaction to MMCC, I have taken my position on MMCC based on the "Proof" I have available... Have you not done the same with Christianity and therefore feel justified in "abusing" those who feel differently about the religion than you?

Unlike Christianity, the MMCC crowd is using the power of government to force me to live my life as though I believe in their fairy tale. I find that just as objectionable as I would Christians forcing me to live as though I was a Christian.

Werbung:
Back