Tire pressure.

Werbung:
LOL! :D Oh wow. What did you get? lol This is exactly what I expect from you! Oh wow, stupid obama supporters... amazing. lol :D

Did I get a bad link? I got a link that said McCain agrees with basicly any normal person.... we should keep our tires at proper pressure. Who would not agree with that?

I thought I was going to get a link with McCain saying Obama is right, if we just keep our tires at the proper pressure we will save as much as if we had of drilled.

I must have gotten a bad link?

Did I get a bad link? I got a link that said McCain agrees with basicly any normal person.... we should keep our tires at proper pressure. Who would not agree with that?

I thought I was going to get a link with McCain saying Obama is right, if we just keep our tires at the proper pressure we will save as much as if we had of drilled.

I must have gotten a bad link?

Whether McCain agrees or not, Obama is right:

The Bush Administration estimates that expanded offshore drilling could increase oil production by 200,000 bbl. per day by 2030. We use about 20 million bbl. per day, so that would meet about 1% of our demand two decades from now. Meanwhile, efficiency experts say that keeping tires inflated can improve gas mileage 3%, and regular maintenance can add another 4%. Many drivers already follow their advice, but if everyone did, we could immediately reduce demand several percentage points. In other words: Obama is right.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1829354,00.html?cnn=yes

You believe Obama when he says that if we just kept our tires inflated and got tune ups we would save as much as if we had drilled in our Country?

or is it that you believe its just a good idea to keep tires inflated to proper pressure and keep up on your tune ups?

There is a differnce in the two!

Whether McCain agrees or not, Obama is right:

Right that people should inflate their tires? Ooo... Obama is as good as a car owners manual.

Or right that this should be our national energy policy? If every passenger car in the entire country were to cut fuel usage by 10%, that would be just barely 1% of global consumption of oil. A drop in the bucket.

So by increasing fuel milage 4% at most, on only those cars that do not have routine maintenance... (my tires are checked and inflated every oil change)... you think this is a valid national policy to deal with oil prices?

You believe Obama when he says that if we just kept our tires inflated and got tune ups we would save as much as if we had drilled in our Country?

or is it that you believe its just a good idea to keep tires inflated to proper pressure and keep up on your tune ups?

There is a differnce in the two!

Lets look at the quote from the Time link again. I highlighted the relevant portions.

The Bush Administration estimates that expanded offshore drilling could increase oil production by 200,000 bbl. per day by 2030. We use about 20 million bbl. per day, so that would meet about 1% of our demand two decades from now.

Meanwhile, efficiency experts say that keeping tires inflated can improve gas mileage 3%, and regular maintenance can add another 4%. Many drivers already follow their advice, but if everyone did, we could immediately reduce demand several percentage points.

In other words expanded offshore oil drilling would actually help less than if everyone properly inflated their tires. The proponents of drilling act like it's some kind of panacea, however the numbers say otherwise.

Right that people should inflate their tires? Ooo... Obama is as good as a car owners manual.

Or right that this should be our national energy policy? If every passenger car in the entire country were to cut fuel usage by 10%, that would be just barely 1% of global consumption of oil. A drop in the bucket.

So by increasing fuel milage 4% at most, on only those cars that do not have routine maintenance... (my tires are checked and inflated every oil change)... you think this is a valid national policy to deal with oil prices?

here is my question,...are some of you so dumb you dont know what something is a small part of a overall policy...

or just so bitter and partison you don't care that you are acting like this is his energy policy, just take better care of your car.

All I know is that no one can say he is wrong, and no one can say that if more people did what he talked about that we would use less gas. And no one can say he said that was the only thing needed.

so I am left with Dumb or just blind partisonship.

here is my question,...are some of you so dumb you dont know what something is a small part of a overall policy...

or just so bitter and partison you don't care that you are acting like this is his energy policy, just take better care of your car.

All I know is that no one can say he is wrong, and no one can say that if more people did what he talked about that we would use less gas. And no one can say he said that was the only thing needed.

But Obama never said it was part of a policy, he said it would be as good as drilling if not better.

Keeping your tires properly inflated gives you a modest improvement in gas mileage. I don't think McCain/his supporters ever denied that. They only denied that it's a suitable energy policy.

Lets look at the quote from the Time link again. I highlighted the relevant portions.

In other words expanded offshore oil drilling would actually help less than if everyone properly inflated their tires. The proponents of drilling act like it's some kind of panacea, however the numbers say otherwise.

See, this is the crazy types that follow Obama.

Drilling for oil is an actual plausible national energy policy. No one suggested that it would instantly solve the issue. Nevertheless, it is forward thinking, and moreover it is exclusively because we didn't have forward thinking 20 years ago, that we are in this situation now.

On the other hand, Obama's national energy plan is "inflate your tires". Now, no is suggesting that inflating your tires is a bad idea. No one is suggesting that it doesn't have some very minor effect on your gas milage.

The problem is... this is not a national energy policy. This is something that's written in the owners manual of every car I've have ever seen. This is something listed on every single automotive site, every car magazine, and has been repeated on every national news network, and local news, a million times in the past. This is nothing more than a gas savings tip that can be found anywhere.

This is qualification for president? Can read auto owners manual?

Most drivers already follow this advice. In fact the vast majority do without knowing it. If you go to most any repair shop once every 3 months to do an oil change, most places (every place I've been to) checks tire pressure. So even if individuals do not, their tires still get checked.

Finally, reducing demand by a percentage point or two, will not help with reducing cost. Not at all. How do I know? Two reasons.

1. Gasoline demand as already dropped, by a couple of percentage points. Prices are still high.

2. Following along the same lines, if every passenger car in America increased fuel economy by 10%... mathematically, that's less than 1% of the worlds oil consumption. Thus if a fraction of the cars, increase their fuel economy by only 4%, that will be a tiny fraction of the less than 1% of worlds consumption, that a nation wide 10% increase would be.

In other words, it won't do jack squat as far as the national issue is concerned. Again, by all means, check your tires and get a bit better milage. But if this is what I can expect from an Obama presidency, recitation of MSN's Top Ten Gas Savings Tips... then McCain is clearly a better choice.

Question, when the main focus that I've heard about in the last week has been "inflate your tires" and I haven't heard of any other aspect (assuming there is more to his plan), is it reasonable to assume this IS the plan?

I am responding to what I was given. To date, not one single Obama supporter has told me what the brilliant energy policy is, or how it would help, or anything other than this single statement, that I have heard about 20 times now. "Check your tires". Now if you were in my position, dealing with about a dozen posts on how great Obama is for giving a 50 year old gas savings tip, what would you conclude?

I don't hear other Obama supporters cataloging all the other brilliant aspects to his plan. In fact, I have heard that Obama has shifted towards the McCain plan of unleashing the oil companies to drill, which not surprisingly I didn't hear from a supporter.

You know, like many other things Obama, he seems to be taking credit for the idea that keeping your tires at proper inflation and getting regular tune ups is the right thing to do.

its something we all already know. But he says it like its some new revelation.
Today the strange one Keith Olbermman (spelling) was like GOTCHA to McCain because he agreed we need to keep tires at the proper level and get tune ups.

Colmes is all happy because McCain said he agreed we should keep our tires at proper levels.

My GOD what reject would not agree to that? and to agree to that is to agree with every single tire comany ever in business and every single car company since the history of cars. Yet now the spin is, some how Obama invented the idea. The left didnt go this far when AL Gore invented the internet!

AHHH ALGORE was not THE ONE! that must be it!

Werbung:
nore is anyones energy policy...so what is mcain talking about then.

Huh? Ok.. let's think this through, eh? The world market of crude oil is determined by supply and demand. Supply up, price down, and inversely.

Now the demand isn't going to go down. There will always be a massive demand. Every large vehicle is going to require tons of fuel, as well as every plane, and of course a huge chunk of oil demand is for petrol chemical products, and propane, and so on.

So the only real option is to effect the supply. The major oil companies have spent their time exploring and investing in other countries... why? Because when they find oil here, like OCS (off shore), or ANWR, the government prevents them from drilling. So instead they look elsewhere.

If we allow them to drill here, those large companies might be more willing to invest in exploring at home, and the very real possibility of find massive caches of oil in our own land.

Granted, it may take 5 years, maybe 10 years to find, drill, and move to production new found oil fields. But perhaps if we had been forward thinking 20 years ago, we would not be in this situation today.

Or we can do the alternative, inflate our tires, and in 2028 wish we had been forward thinking twenty years ago.

Back