Traditional family key to world peace: Pope

Werbung:
Now you are suggesting giving the catholic heirarchy police powers as well? Is there an end to your nonsense?

Poor Nums, for a Catholic you don't seem to have a very good grasp of how the church works. If the church hierarchy can conceal the pedophile priests, then it stands to reason that they could also NOT CONCEAL THEM. Seems logical to me, but... you're different around logic than most.

What patent nonsense.

A person who follows the 'nazi rule' is a nazi, in the same way that a person who acts according to homosexual impulses is a homosexual.

Simple logic, no?

Simple? Yes. Logic? NO. Operating under a single precept of a complex politico/philosophical system hardly means that one accepts all of that system. An example would be that I think some of the things in the Bible make sense, but that doesn't mean that I buy all of the rest of the stuff in there. My guess is that even you (using the weird logic you posted above) would not call me a Christian. Therefore you effectively refute your own argument.

You have been refuted in every absurd twist and turn you wish to proceed in this debate.

It is the height of vanity to even suggest that you can COMPEL the state (and society at large) to attach legal impetus for what is obviously your own personal choice. It is enough that society allows you to exercise that choice.

Racists said the same thing to black people. Christians said the same things to women. More and more people are coming to understand that proudly marching back into the Dark Ages under the Bible-beater banner doesn't make sense. People like you will die of old age and the new generation is not nearly so narrow and bigoted--I know, I speak to University classes on a regular basis.

That is a rather dismissive statement. It sounds as if you are saying society can not change and homosexuals should simply be glad they aren't being openly persecuted.

Homosexuality - in that small percent of people who are totally homosexual, does not appear to be a "choice" any more than heterosexuality is a "choice".

Poor ol' Nums hasn't been able to come up with an answer for your questions or mine about lesbians either, I note. Sometimes a bigoted, black and white philosophy simply can't be stretched to fit the myriad of colors in which God created people.

Poor ol' Nums hasn't been able to come up with an answer for your questions or mine about lesbians either, I note. Sometimes a bigoted, black and white philosophy simply can't be stretched to fit the myriad of colors in which God created people.

I have noticed the issue of lesbians has not been directly addressed....

I don't follow the literal doctrine of any religion...but I think Jesus probably existed, as a person. I think his one commandment exemplified the golden rule echoed through out human cultures. I fail to see how you can adhere to that simple rule and deny equality a a segment of humanity - an equality that harms none and rewards fidelity, a virtue.

You don't need to call it a marriage but why deny the existance and merit of the bond?

People like you will die of old age and the new generation is not nearly so narrow and bigoted--I know, I speak to University classes on a regular basis.

I don't know, my faith in the rest of my generation has been severely shaken by the response to a recent hate crime on our campus.

Basically, only about six or seven of us really cared about it. Everyone else just wanted to know why the kitchen had been closed for three days (an unrelated issue from the week before). It was a little disgusting.

I don't know, my faith in the rest of my generation has been severely shaken by the response to a recent hate crime on our campus.

Basically, only about six or seven of us really cared about it. Everyone else just wanted to know why the kitchen had been closed for three days (an unrelated issue from the week before). It was a little disgusting.

VYO, my friend, you remember of course that you attend art school. Where are those kids supposed to get thier munchies...it is a matter of priorities :D

Actually all kidding aside, that is disappointing to hear. Without knowing any of the details, I wont begin to speculate, I guess what I will say is that 40 years when college students didnt like what was happening around them, they took to the streets. Nowadays, they take to the blogs.
What a tide change. :(

VYO, my friend, you remember of course that you attend art school. Where are those kids supposed to get thier munchies...it is a matter of priorities :D

It isn't just an art school, it's a dry campus. Substance and alcohol free. Or, you know, overt substance and alcohol free. So the munchies theory...not likely, at least not en masse.

Still, my faith in the depth of their characters has been shaken considerably, so why should the low incidence of drug- or alcohol-related incidents deter me from thinking they're drinking and smoking it up?

It's been a bad week.

Actually all kidding aside, that is disappointing to hear. Without knowing any of the details, I wont begin to speculate, I guess what I will say is that 40 years when college students didnt like what was happening around them, they took to the streets. Nowadays, they take to the blogs.
What a tide change. :(

There's a common fallacy that today, the best place to "get your message out" is online. Maybe that was true in the mid-90s, but today every Jack Idiot and his brother has a website (or a blog). Yes, student activism has moved online - more or less crippling it.

Sad state of affairs? Yup.

I hope it has something to do with where you live. I live in Oregon and it's a pretty progressive State what with our assisted suicide law, civil unions, and comprehensive anti-discrimination laws. Of course the Bible-beaters who lost their recall petition initiative for lack of signatures are now mounting a campaign to repeal our new laws by getting the Conservative Republican legislators to introduce repeal initiatives in the legislature. Of course this is all funded by out-of-State groups who call themselves Christians. (Please don't give me grief about picking on Christians, all this stupidity is being done by people who proudly proclaim that they are Christians doing God's work.)

Werbung:
I hope it has something to do with where you live. I live in Oregon and it's a pretty progressive State what with our assisted suicide law, civil unions, and comprehensive anti-discrimination laws. Of course the Bible-beaters who lost their recall petition initiative for lack of signatures are now mounting a campaign to repeal our new laws by getting the Conservative Republican legislators to introduce repeal initiatives in the legislature. Of course this is all funded by out-of-State groups who call themselves Christians. (Please don't give me grief about picking on Christians, all this stupidity is being done by people who proudly proclaim that they are Christians doing God's work.)

I go to school in New Hampshire.

If I didn't give you grief about picking on Christians, I wouldn't have much authority to give people grief about picking on Muslims. Or Jews for that matter.

So don't pick on Christians.

Back