US ambassador 'killed in Libya'. US consulate Benghazi stormed. 4 US officials "dead"

Werbung:
I am confused on your point....is there some vast American military presence in Libya that is preventing them from standing on their own? Surely your point is not that the presence of an Ambassador and a few marines is somehow preventing Libya from taking action.

the bigger point is that this was not even a case of Libya wanting to stand on there own..this was a small group who wants to dominate Libya ( possibly not even lead by Libyans). The goverment and alot of the people want the US help..Its that very help that keeps the thugs who attacked us from power and from taking power that there people do not want them to have. What people fail to notice from the videos...is just how relatively small these protests where , at least at first...given the size of the population. If the same amount of protesters where down at my state Capital it would not even make local news. Its not Reflective of a whole nation.

the bigger point is that this was not even a case of Libya wanting to stand on there own..this was a small group who wants to dominate Libya ( possibly not even lead by Libyans). The goverment and alot of the people want the US help..Its that very help that keeps the thugs who attacked us from power and from taking power that there people do not want them to have. What people fail to notice from the videos...is just how relatively small these protests where , at least at first...given the size of the population. If the same amount of protesters where down at my state Capital it would not even make local news. Its not Reflective of a whole nation.

I don't disagree on who actually conducted the attack in Libya, but I am not sure comparing protests to the size of the countries population is really a relevant or meaningful comparison.

I don't disagree on who actually conducted the attack in Libya, but I am not sure comparing protests to the size of the countries population is really a relevant or meaningful comparison.

People are talking about a nation as a whole and assigning that nation the view of a few hundred protesters in a huge nation...I think that is Relivent to say that the protests do not reflect the people. If I showed you a film of 300 people protesting to Bomb Iran...would say it would be incorrect to say Americans want to bomb Iran? Thats basically how some are making this out to be.

People are talking about a nation as a whole and assigning that nation the view of a few hundred protesters in a huge nation...I think that is Relivent to say that the protests do not reflect the people. If I showed you a film of 300 people protesting to Bomb Iran...would say it would be incorrect to say Americans want to bomb Iran? Thats basically how some are making this out to be.

I don't think the evidence backs up the claim that what happened in Libya was the result of this film.

That aside, I do see your point, but at the same time, one could argue that simply because someone doesn't go out and protest and burn a flag it doesn't mean they don't sympathize with the cause. That is why you need more than just a basic comparison of protest size to population size.

I don't think the evidence backs up the claim that what happened in Libya was the result of this film.

That aside, I do see your point, but at the same time, one could argue that simply because someone doesn't go out and protest and burn a flag it doesn't mean they don't sympathize with the cause. That is why you need more than just a basic comparison of protest size to population size.

I think what happened in Libya was ..a protest based on the Film...but with a lot more behind it in terms of the anger...and also a planned attack...that was planned for that day regardless. It will be interesting to find out if what the Libyan Government has said turns out true...that these people where not Libyan. What I also think is scary is the initial response by many to the attack was...do exactly what the attack was intended to do buy the attackers.

I think what happened in Libya was ..a protest based on the Film...

Proof again that many on the Left are terribly uninformed.

A very short poorly produced YouTube video out since June, that no one knows about, causes violence in Benghazi, which just by happenstance is a radical Muslim enclave containing al qaeda and full of weaponry given by the US to fight Gaddafi, is the cause of the incident....REALLY? You really believe that shit?

Do you really think it a coincidence that the violence occurs on the 9-11 anniversary? You really think a well armed terrorist group got upset about a dumb video so they grabbed all their gear to make a sophisticated assault with the use of weaponry including rocket-propelled grenades and attacked a building that just happened to contain our ambassador and all on the 9-11 anniversary?

I can't believe anyone could be so dumb as to believe that....but apparently some people are.

Korea would have been the end if not for the president...McCarther let his ego go to his head and wanted to nuke China...so Agree 100%

I am not sure I buy this statement -- even if we "nuked" China during the Korean, how does that result in "the end"?

Some people do not like Facts getting in the way. Libya received more help from France than the Americans. S to why the American Ambassador was in the second city of Libya on September 11 is a mystery. The attack was plan for that day surely American inteligence knew of this. The film only made it more certain something would happen.

As if an Atomic bomb would make any difference in the Korean war there is no evidence of this. China was a rising power and only enter the Korean war to get Russian support so it could get its own Atomic bomb. If the USA bomb China it would just got it faster

The film had nothing to do with it. It's already come out that this was a planned attack for 9/11.

Werbung:
It does not matter whether it was planned ahead the film and now the French cartoons will only make it worse

Back