War

Unite Our Nation

It looks like we are going to continue on that same path. Just shedding blood in different places and spending money we don't have on some other cause.

Those who voted for obama, how do you feel about this?

Werbung:
Personally, I will applaud (as I understand troops currently in Iraq did) the move to actually going after those responsible for 9/11 and supporting those responsible for 9/11. It is a misrepresentation that those who favored Obama did so because they opposed all war - they just oppose wars that should have never been begun (like Iraq). I don't believe we have to fear another unwarranted invasion like Iraq under Obama. I was quite fearful that would happen under McCain. It was the single biggest issue for me because I have a host of draft-aged grandchildren.

Actually, Dino, all the folks I know, and have spoken about the war to, don't want us in any war. It is also a big issue for me. I have several family members in Iraq. There is rumblings that obama will be taking our troops to Dufar. Would you be for or against that? What about all the folks who voted for obama simply for the fact that they do not want their money going toward war? Especially now in our current economic mess...

Thats it laug? Just lame name calling? That's deep...real deep. Don't hurt yourself trying to actually have a pertinent response! ;)

The US, and their lickspittle NATO "allies", will fail in Afghanistan.

They will fail as the former USSR and Great Britain before them failed.

They will fail because they do not have the millions of troops necessary to subject the people of Afghanistan to colonial rule.

This war is not about 911, or terrorism. It is about colonialism. Like most wars.

For Obama, the indoctination starts today with an orchestrated litany of lies from the CIA and sundry other goons.

He should be house-trained in next to no time at all.

Next step - war with Iran.

"...Behind the backs of American voters, top advisers for President-elect Barack Obama have been setting the stage for a dramatic escalation of confrontation with Iran as soon as the new administration takes office. A report released in September from the Bipartisan Policy Center, a Washington-based think tank, argued that a nuclear weapons capable Iran was “strategically untenable” and detailed a robust approach, “incorporating new diplomatic, economic and military tools in an integrated fashion”.

A key member of the Center’s task force was Obama’s top Middle East adviser, Dennis Ross, who is well known for his hawkish views. He backed the US invasion of Iraq and is closely associated with neo-cons such as Paul Wolfowitz. Ross worked under Wolfowitz in the Carter and Reagan administrations before becoming the chief Middle East envoy under presidents Bush senior and Clinton.

The emerging consensus on Iran in US foreign policy circles again underscores the fact that the differences between Obama and McCain were purely tactical. While millions of Americans voted for the Democratic candidate believing he would end the war in Iraq and address their pressing economic needs, powerful sections of the American elite swung behind him as a better vehicle to prosecute US economic and strategic interests in the Middle East and Central Asia—including the use of military force against Iran.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2008/nov2008/iran-n06.shtml

Comrade Stalin of Afghanobamastan

"He should be house-trained in next to no time at all." LOL

Yet another war, besides one to defend our own soil, makes my stomach turn...

Verifiable fact: the U.S. has to import 70% of its liquid fuel energy.

If the producers' economies collapse to the point as to seriously downgrade exports, thus limiting the influx to the U.S., then it is highly likely that the populus will cry out to their leaders in despair.

Leaders (and I couldn't care less what side of the political fence they're on), when faced with such a situation, have historically pointed over a fence or border to somebody else's land, property and resources, and said, "it's THEIR fault--THEY have done this to us!!!" ...and then they come up with whatever BS they need to make the argument in an effort to keep from getting lynched.

People (that's "us", folks!) coming out of "times of plenty" rarely ever take well to the shouldering of the messy business of being responsible for their own complicity in whatever disaster arrives.

When discussing the likely electric bill increase that's coming with a carbon cap-and-trade system, a friend said, "well... they'll be taxing the polluter!"

I said, "who's the polluter?"

"You know... the polluter!"

"Again, who's the polluter?"

"The power company!"

My last reply: "YOU... are the polluter! When you flip the switch at home and turn the lights on, some powerplant somewhere has to feed more coal or gas into the boiler or turbine to make that electricity that you're consuming."

Wide eyes and dead silence. Hell, I think he even quit breathing for awhile...

I have never understood this utter disconnect with ultimate responsibility. Cheap oil and energy (in thermodynamic terms) are over, and all developed and developing nations are going to have to adjust downward. History has demonstrated that the equation has heretofore always been balanced violently when the imbalance is of this order of magnitude. Innocents and innocence will be cast to the four winds in what is to come.

Werbung:
Verifiable fact: the U.S. has to import 70% of its liquid fuel energy.

If the producers' economies collapse to the point as to seriously downgrade exports, thus limiting the influx to the U.S., then it is highly likely that the populus will cry out to their leaders in despair.

Leaders (and I couldn't care less what side of the political fence they're on), when faced with such a situation, have historically pointed over a fence or border to somebody else's land, property and resources, and said, "it's THEIR fault--THEY have done this to us!!!" ...and then they come up with whatever BS they need to make the argument in an effort to keep from getting lynched.

People (that's "us", folks!) coming out of "times of plenty" rarely ever take well to the shouldering of the messy business of being responsible for their own complicity in whatever disaster arrives.

When discussing the likely electric bill increase that's coming with a carbon cap-and-trade system, a friend said, "well... they'll be taxing the polluter!" I said, "who's the polluter?"

"You know... the polluter!"

"Again, who's the polluter?"

"The power company!"

My last reply: "YOU... are the polluter! When you flip the switch at home and turn the lights on, some powerplant somewhere has to feed more coal or gas into the boiler or turbine to make that electricity that you're consuming."

Wide eyes and dead silence. Hell, I think he even quit breathing for awhile...

I have never understood this utter disconnect with ultimate responsibility. Cheap oil and energy (in thermodynamic terms) are over, and all developed and developing nations are going to have to adjust downward. History has demonstrated that the equation has heretofore always been balanced violently when the imbalance is of this order of magnitude. Innocents and innocence will be cast to the four winds in what is to come.

You are very wise...

Back