Why Governor Perry questions evolution

Man, have you seen any of the interviews with people from Texas? This guy is not liked there. He has driven Texas into a ditch

Then those libs from states that they can't find jobs in that are moving here in droves just proved my point at how stupid libs are. They go to a place that apparently is in the ditch....with jobs.

Tell us brainiac about Texas too, how many people in Texas are native Texans?

But you're right, Perry isn't liked here. He hasn't been tough enough on immigration. Now, if he is elected president and doesn't have to worry about being elected governor of Texas anymore, watch that change. Yipppeeee!

Don't really want him to be pres. Really want the immigration situation "attacked".

Werbung:
Then those libs from states that they can't find jobs in that are moving here in droves just proved my point at how stupid libs are. They go to a place that apparently is in the ditch....with jobs.

Tell us brainiac about Texas too, how many people in Texas are native Texans?

But you're right, Perry isn't liked here. He hasn't been tough enough on immigration. Now, if he is elected president and doesn't have to worry about being elected governor of Texas anymore, watch that change. Yipppeeee!

Don't really want him to be pres. Really want the immigration situation "attacked".

Is it just me or is this Mr. Bododie getting a little carried away with personal insults toward posters who disagree with him?

Is it just me or is this Mr. Bododie getting a little carried away with personal insults toward posters who disagree with him?

It's just you. And it's MRS. Bododie.

I think it's more insulting to "libs".

Since the word is a meaningless buzzword anyway, no one should be offended by that.

Overuse of buzzwords is a sure sign of a simplistic political philosophy.

Mrs. Bododie is a 55 year old woman? Somehow, that's not what I'd pictured at all, not based on her posts.

Mrs. Bododie is a 55 year old woman? Somehow, that's not what I'd pictured at all, not based on her posts.

Lol. You wouldn't know it to look at me either. Life is good. What DO you expect from a 50+ woman who grew up in California in the 60's?

Shrinking Violet?

Overuse of buzzwords is a sure sign of a simplistic political philosophy

Nah, it's just a easily interpreted labeling of a thought process, and the love attached is assumed to be taken in the spirit it is given. :D It lets the "other" side know where you stand, as does the pithy use of "Republican" here.

If I were still a Republican, I certainly would not be ashamed to admit it. The party changed, but my values did not.

Those who DO NOT have a simplistic approach to the political process straight down the line, are people who have continued to grow throughout their lives. It certainly however, does not mean that one will necessarily change so drastically as to completely change political philosophies.

There are those who like to call themselves "independents" instead of democrats, and categorically refuse to accept that someone who is more conservative in their values can fit into that category too. Now THAT attitude is...simplistic.

That is a "label" which is best left unsaid for sake of the pristine ears here.

It ain't vera niiiiiiice....

Hardly.
Maybe a veteran of the '60s counterculture, and war protests.

So true. And then I grew up and had a family and found out that if I wanted to have a good life it was up to me to provide for it, and not rely on the government. I got smart, and realistic, as not all from that era did apparently.

I guess I actually learned something about the government, and really can't believe that anyone who lived through the events of Viet Nam, and knew people who went, came back and didn't come back, would actually ever put their lives in the hands of ANY politician, or any government, and grovel the way people do for Obama or Clinton. It's unbelievable.

Cumbaya my dear.

There are those who like to call themselves "independents" instead of democrats, and categorically refuse to accept that someone who is more conservative in their values can fit into that category too. Now THAT attitude is...simplistic.

I noticed during the 2008 election and about a year or two before, so many democrats who call themselves independents. All their views line up with the dem party, they like the dem candidates and hate the republican candidates and vote democrat on every issue but insist on calling themselves independents. Then get spit fire mad when a true independent disagrees with them.

I think personally they are ashamed of the term liberal, progressive and even the word democrat so they insist on being called something else.

Nah, it's just a easily interpreted labeling of a thought process, and the love attached is assumed to be taken in the spirit it is given. :D It lets the "other" side know where you stand, as does the pithy use of "Repulican" here.

If I were still a Republican, I certainly would not be ashamed to admit it. The party changed, but my values did not.

Those who DO NOT have a simplistic approach to the political process straight down the line, are people who have continued to grow throughout their lives. It certainly however, does not mean that one will necessarily change so drastically as to completely change political philosophies.

That is a "label" which is best left unsaid for sake of the pristine ears here.

It ain't vera niiiiiiice....

OK, then, what is your definition of the term "lib"?

I am not againsed the label "liberal" with the exception that it limits the defination of what I really am, an American. We can all joke about Perry and his anti-evolution stance but I'm just cynical enough to believe he probably believes in the science but is playing to his less intellectual base, you know, those psudo-Christian, nose picking nits who snicker everytime someone calls Obama by his middle name. Perry is just another in a long list of dumbed down GOP candidates that cause real Republicans like Wm Buckley to have violent fits of vomiting every FOX newscast.

I noticed during the 2008 election and about a year or two before, so many democrats who call themselves independents. All their views line up with the dem party, they like the dem candidates and hate the republican candidates and vote democrat on every issue but insist on calling themselves independents. Then get spit fire mad when a true independent disagrees with them.

I think personally they are ashamed of the term liberal, progressive and even the word democrat so they insist on being called something else.
The Democratic Party is not just liberals. There are a great many successful Democratic politicians who are every bit as conservative as most Republican conservatives. The Democratic Party has never purged anyone.

The Democratic Party is not just liberals. There are a great many successful Democratic politicians who are every bit as conservative as most Republican conservatives. The Democratic Party has never purged anyone.

Oh you misunderstand me. I don't think the democrat party purged anyone, I think some who call themselves independent are ashamed or embarrassed to call their self democrat or progressive or liberal.

Though I have seen it happen when democrats meet one of their own who breaks on an issue, they attack them. Though I think republicans do the same thing.

Werbung:

I am liberal and progressive...I am just not a Democrat. And my voting record in all non presidential votes shows that ( at best my presidential is 50 50..Perot ( would have been twice on Perot, but was not old enough first time), Nader, Kerry, Obama..and I was never happy about Kerry.

Back