Why Governor Perry questions evolution

I am liberal and progressive...I am just not a Democrat. And my voting record in all non presidential votes shows that ( at best my presidential is 50 50..Perot ( would have been twice on Perot, but was not old enough first time), Nader, Kerry, Obama..and I was never happy about Kerry.

You are really not what I was describing. I can think of a few times you have sided with someone other than the democrats. I am talking about people that never seems to sway from what the democrats say or do, wont even call them on hypocrisy yet insist they are independent.

Werbung:
The Democratic Party is not just liberals. There are a great many successful Democratic politicians who are every bit as conservative as most Republican conservatives. The Democratic Party has never purged anyone.

The blue dogs could certainly be considered conservatives. The problem with that label, and the liberal label, is that it presumes a continuum of right to left, with most people somewhere in the center. The real world is a lot more complex than that.

I think a political philosophy has to have at least three dimensions, maybe four, just like the real world.

There is the X axis, from favoring a strong central government to favoring a weak central government, the traditional liberal/conservative dichotomy. Then, there is the Y axis, from authoritarian to libertarian. Most of the people who call themselves "conservative" tend to be on the authoritarian side, but is that really conservative? I don't think so. Then, there is the Z axis, from pragmatic to ideological, do what works, or stick to your ideology no matter what. I've come to think that there is a fourth as well, from isolationist to neoconservative, or favoring the values of the PNAC. When people throw around the terms "conservative" and "liberal" I like to ask just what they mean. When a self described conservative uses the term "liberal" or "lib" as a pejorative, it makes me wonder just what their real philosophy might be, and how they define the term. As a rule, they mean, "anyone who has an opinion different from mine." I find that philosophy simplistic. Just my opinion.

No, common sense and sensitivity.

Which, obviously, you are sorely lacking!

What was that you said about ASS-uming? What a hypocrite. You can have all the people I don't like and love them to death and be sensitive.

I'll save my compassion for those whom I think deserve it, and I'm afraid that you and...."children" don't get to decide who that is.

But if you can't take that, then by all means run like a little baby to the mods and cry about your feelings being hurt.

Got deja vu?:D:D

When a self described conservative uses the term "liberal" or "lib" as a pejorative, it makes me wonder just what their real philosophy might be, and how they define the term. As a rule, they mean, "anyone who has an opinion different from mine." I find that philosophy simplistic. Just my opinion.

Does it? Lol. I noticed that you just mentioned self described "conservatives". What about the same simplistic approach by non conservatives?" Different pehaps? Semantics?

Of course the terms are labels. What else did you think they were? Deep psychological evaluations based on fact that everyone inherently knows about everyone else?

I would pose these question for ya: Assign "levels" of simplicity.

What is not simplistic about assuming:

1. Anyone who believes in God and is a Republican (conservative) doesn't believe in science. What "camp" blows that out of their collective orafice constantly?

2. Anyone who doesn't like Obama or his administration is "racist". What "camp" blows that out of their collective orafice constantly?

3. How simplistic is it to say things like everyone from a certain state are "idiots"?

4. How simplistic is it to make remarks like "as a rule they mean..."

You want a definition? Good luck with that.

Anyone of either school of thought/life philosophy is that way because of their individual life experiences. To assume that every "liberal" and every "conservative" fits into any singular across the board category in every respect category is a step beyond simplistic.

O.K. Jack Handy and your "deep thoughts", how about asking 5 people you know personally, who are of differing philosophies, what "their" definition of their philosophy is and what the opposition believes beyond a shadow of a doubt in their minds.

I'm willing to bet you will get 5 different explanations, and reasons, and the entire thing will play out like a game of "telephone".

Does it? Lol. I noticed that you just mentioned self described "conservatives". What about the same simplistic approach by non conservatives?" Different pehaps? Semantics?

I've described the "Self Described Conservative" many times. Since you're new, you may have missed it. An SDC is someone who:
labels everyone who disagrees with them with the same word, usually "lib", "libby", or some other derivation of "liberal".
Wants to see a limited government, except for the parts he/she likes best.
Is highly authoritarian.
There is a lot more, of course, but this post is getting quite long already.

Of course the terms are labels. What else did you think they were? Deep psychological evaluations based on fact that everyone inherently knows about everyone else?

Buzzwords are labels that have no commonly agreed on definition, and for which the user has no definition.

I would pose these question for ya: Assign "levels" of simplicity.

What is not simplistic about assuming:

1. Anyone who believes in God and is a Republican (conservative) doesn't believe in science. What "camp" blows that out of their collective orafice constantly?

Where did this strawman come from? Where have I ever said that Anyone who believes in God and is a Republican (conservative) doesn't believe in science?

And what's up with "Republican (conservative)"? Do you think those terms are synonymous?

2. Anyone who doesn't like Obama or his administration is "racist". What "camp" blows that out of their collective orafice constantly?

when have I ever posted such a thing?

One characteristic of a simplistic political philosophy is the tendency to divide people into two "camps", mine and everyone elses. If you don't agree with me, then you must agree with anything anyone else has said that didn't agree with me.

3. How simplistic is it to say things like everyone from a certain state are "idiots"?

Another outrageous straw man.

4. How simplistic is it to make remarks like "as a rule they mean..."

You want a definition? Good luck with that.

yes, I know. A buzzword has no definition.

Anyone of either school of thought/life philosophy is that way because of their individual life experiences. To assume that every "liberal" and every "conservative" fits into any singular across the board category in every respect category is a step beyond simplistic.

either school of thought? So, there are only two? Talk about simplistic!

O.K. Jack Handy and your "deep thoughts", how about asking 5 people you know personally, who are of differing philosophies, what "their" definition of their philosophy is and what the opposition believes beyond a shadow of a doubt in their minds.

I'm willing to bet you will get 5 different explanations, and reasons, and the entire thing will play out like a game of "telephone".

Of course there will be five different explanations. They will all be on different parts of the four dimensional political spectrum I've already described.

Now, if they have only a one dimensional, simplistic sort of philosophy, and are all on one end of the perceived spectrum, then all of the answers will be the same.

Yeah....Perry is a big dummy...so says the lib media....so it must be so.

Politico Asks: 'Is Rick Perry Dumb', Goes On to Answer, Basically, No
By: Ken Shepherd | August 29, 2011 | 10:50

You have to hand it to Politico, they know how to gin up publicity.

"Is Rick Perry dumb?" asks the top headline on the website today. Yet on balance, the corresponding article by Jonathan Martin isn't all that bad, noting that Perry has often been underestimated politically, much to the peril of numerous Republican and Democratic opponents who are now footnotes at best in Texas political history.

That being said, there's little doubt that the media, including Martin, are hard at work cementing certain prejudices and lowering expectations about the three-term Texas governor:
Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/#ixzz1WREOhN9p

This is so predictable of the left media. They have been doing this to every conservative R presidential candidate for decades. The amazing thing is many still believe their BS.

This is so predictable of the left media. They have been doing this to every conservative R presidential candidate for decades. The amazing thing is many still believe their BS.
The left media? Who on earth is that? Maybe MSNBC? The media generally is right of center, even if left they are left of Fox News.

PLC, And your "straw Man" pithy semantics. WHEN did I post that everything was about what YOU said?

Those "straw man" quotes were a collection from various people on this board who claim to be "independent".

You asked about defining people in general by their political ideologies. I was not aware that it was all about you.

If you wish to get less simplistic, then don't stop with asking about definitions of TWO mentalities.

I'll tell you what though. You have a ball with your x-y-z axis stuff. And do tell us all what spice makes simplistic semantics taste palatable?

Life doesn't have to be complex. Perhaps it does for those who have nothing else in their lives to realize that the best things really are simple. Love is a simple concept.

Some people need a roadmap with prescribed "dimensions" to be a multi dimensional person, or to make anyone else believe that it is so. I'm sorry.

Graphing life philosophies. Lol.

PLC, And your "straw Man" pithy semantics. WHEN did I post that everything was about what YOU said?

Those "straw man" quotes were a collection from various people on this board who claim to be "independent".

You asked about defining people in general by their political ideologies. I was not aware that it was all about you.

If you wish to get less simplistic, then don't stop with asking about definitions of TWO mentalities.

I'll tell you what though. You have a ball with your x-y-z axis stuff. And do tell us all what spice makes simplistic semantics taste palatable?

Life doesn't have to be complex. Perhaps it does for those who have nothing else in their lives to realize that the best things really are simple. Love is a simple concept.

Some people need a roadmap with prescribed "dimensions" to be a multi dimensional person, or to make anyone else believe that it is so. I'm sorry.

Graphing life philosophies. Lol.

Not life philosophies, political philosophies.

Life is simple, and love is a simple concept? Why is it that volumes have been written about love?

Politics is not a simple concept, either. There is no such thing as "our side" vs. "their side", with everyone who doesn't agree with something you've said all lumped together as "their side."

Why would you make a collection of absurd things that you've read on this board and then use them in a response to my post?

Not life philosophies, political philosophies
So sorry, Didn't realize your political philosophy and the way you live your life differ that much. Mine don't.
Simple difference.

Life is simple, and love is a simple concept? Why is it that volumes have been written about love?

Love is a simple concept. You either feel something or you don't. The outside influences or lack of return are what makes love complicated. That isn't the concept doing that.
Politics is not a simple concept, either. There is no such thing as "our side" vs. "their side", with everyone who doesn't agree with something you've said all lumped together as "their side."

You are proven wrong every time there's an election. The proof is in ...the VOTING BOOTH. Ta da.

You are proven wrong every time there's an election. The proof is in ...the VOTING BOOTH. Ta da.

Oh? who is it that is winning every election? Democrats and independents win most of the elections, but Republicans still manage to snare a few elections.

Lol.

What was written:

reply.

You are proven wrong every time there's an electionThe proof is in ...the VOTING BOOTH. Ta da.

Now apparently, THIS is what was read/interpreted/understood/made up in a drunken stupor, (take your pick) by a liberal mind...

Oh? who is it that is winning every election? Democrats and independents win most of the elections, but Republicans still manage to snare a few elections.

Lol. again.

Politics are proven simple every time there is an election

Sigh. Are you actually this obtuse?

Sure PLC, political sides are very convoluted and no matter what one feels, then there is always this litte "Z" axis waiting in the wings with all of us, to make our differences fly away, and the illusive "third thought" makes the world all better,and everyone votes the same way in the booth.

Is this a good enough spin on YOUR mentality for ya? 'cause just like you, I can take it to the nth, if you like. I like picking cherries too.

Werbung:
Sigh. Are you actually this obtuse?

I must be, or I'd simply ignore your posts.

Sure PLC, political sides are very convoluted

Complex is the proper word.

and no matter what one feels, then there is always this litte "Z" axis waiting in the wings with all of us, to make our differences fly away, and the illusive "third thought" makes the world all better,and everyone votes the same way in the booth.

That makes no sense at all. Perhaps you could post an English translation.

Is this a good enough spin on YOUR mentality for ya? 'cause just like you, I can take it to the nth, if you like. I like picking cherries too.

Ditto that.

Makes no sense at all.

Maybe if you were to take this little quiz, you'd have an idea about at least a two dimensional political philosophy.

Or not. It's a lot easier to simply divide the world into People Who Agree With me (PWAWM) and People Who Don't Agree With Me (PWDAWM) and pretend that the latter group is all the same.

Back