Is Casey Anothony Guilty or not Guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not Guilty by reason of insanity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would say that the chemical and material restraints she used on her child would fall under the category of "caging."

That was all circumstantial evidence, and the prosecution did not actually prove (according to the Jury) that Casey Anthony did any of those things.

But, most of all, I am surprise that such narrow definition of child abuse exist in Florida. That State seems to have a lot of things wrong with its policies!

I only looked up the requirements for Aggravated Child Abuse, which is what she was charged with. Make no mistake, that is not the sole definition of child abuse in Florida, but the only definition that matters in this case, is of the charge she was facing.

Werbung:
Looked it up... in Florida, the crime of Aggravated Child Abuse (what she was charged with) can be committed in one of three ways by either:

1) Committing an aggravated battery on a child.
2) Willfully torturing, maliciously punishing, or willfully and unlawfully caging a child.
3) Knowingly or willfully abusing a child and in so doing causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.

Which of these three did the prosecution prove she was guilty of?

Her not reporting the child missing for over a month led to the death of the child. Had she reported the child missing right away there is a good chance the child would still be alive and not duct taped at the mouth and left on the side of the road (assuming she didn't duct tape her mouth and leave her on the side of the road)

Her not reporting the child missing for over a month led to the death of the child. Had she reported the child missing right away there is a good chance the child would still be alive and not duct taped at the mouth and left on the side of the road (assuming she didn't duct tape her mouth and leave her on the side of the road)

How can you definitively argue that had she reported the child missing the child would still be alive? There is no evidence to back up that claim.

How can you definitively argue that had she reported the child missing the child would still be alive? There is no evidence to back up that claim.

You could argue that not reporting a child that has been missing for over a month is far far more likely to be hurt, injured, abused or killed

I think it is very reasonable even if you assume she had nothing to do with the kids murder, her non action aided the damage and suffering of her child

Werbung:
She is probably a sociopath, incapable of creating meaningful emotional connections, but very capable of putting on a good show of it. Which is why people who knew her thought she loved her daughter but then she could go and kill her daughter.

But the evidence was not there to convict. The prosecutor should have waited until he had more and better evidence.

Back