• Not Guilty

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not Guilty by reason of insanity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Werbung:
What makes her guilty?

Yeah? What makes her guilty? :rolleyes:

The fact that she did it. The jurors (who have opined) have admitted as much but stated specifically that the prosecution simply did not tie the circumstancil evidence together so as to place guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. We have not enough evidence that Hitler DEFINITELY died in that bunker but he did.

What makes her guilty?

Rob, she is guilty at the very very least of child neglect. The jury did not find her guilty but that doesn't mean she wasn't

her child was missing over 30 days and she never reported it and when her mother finally reported it she lied about who had the child and where the child was exc. she was found guilty on the lying but not what she lied about, i found that irritating. that jury makes me sick!

child neglect alone she is proven to have done and it is child abuse, or child neglect how ever you want to word it.

I think she did a whole lot more than just neglect the child but the jury could have at least found her guilty on that.

Like i said,,The Police investigators did a very poor job. If i was the Sheriff id would have told the detectives do any any arrests until you have concrete proof to make this stand in a court of law. Just like Joe Friday did on dragnet and McGarrett on Five O. Id would have taken a look on those photos and tell the detectives this isnt enough evidance to make this stand up in court. Like Wheres the DNA results? Wheres the hair samples,fingerprints and recorded phone calls? Did you investigate positive motives in the Anothony family? You see thats call smart investigated work. Joe Friday and McGarett does this all the time. How you think McGarrett busted WOFAT?

The fact that she did it. The jurors (who have opined) have admitted as much but stated specifically that the prosecution simply did not tie the circumstancil evidence together so as to place guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. We have not enough evidence that Hitler DEFINITELY died in that bunker but he did.

So she is guilty...because she did it...but it cannot be proven?

Thank God we have a higher standard in our Judicial system.

Rob, she is guilty at the very very least of child neglect.

Perhaps she is guilty of that...I do not think she was charged with this however.

The jury did not find her guilty but that doesn't mean she wasn't

It does mean that the evidence to prove the prosecutions case was not enough.

her child was missing over 30 days and she never reported it and when her mother finally reported it she lied about who had the child and where the child was exc. she was found guilty on the lying but not what she lied about, i found that irritating. that jury makes me sick!

Telling a lie does not make one guilty of murder, regardless of what that lie is about.

child neglect alone she is proven to have done and it is child abuse, or child neglect how ever you want to word it.

I think she did a whole lot more than just neglect the child but the jury could have at least found her guilty on that.

I am not sure she was charged with that crime...was she?

There were charges against her of child abuse/child neglect.

She was found not guilty on those charges but was found guilty on 4 counts of lying to the police about the whereabouts of her daughter. How can a jury find her guilty on 4 counts of lying and misleading police during an investigation yet find her not guilty on child abuse / neglect when the lies she was convicted of telling were about the daughter that was missing over 30 days without being reported.

I could not of found her guilty of intentional murder, I do not think she purposefully killed her daughter and even if I did there is not enough evidence to prove that but there was clearly enough evidence to convict her of child neglect / abuse and I think there was clearly enough evidence to convict her of involuntary manslaughter.

the whole case was insane and the jury as dysfunctional as her whole family

She was found not guilty on those charges but was found guilty on 4 counts of lying to the police about the whereabouts of her daughter. How can a jury find her guilty on 4 counts of lying and misleading police during an investigation yet find her not guilty on child abuse / neglect when the lies she was convicted of telling were about the daughter that was missing over 30 days without being reported.

I could not of found her guilty of intentional murder, I do not think she purposefully killed her daughter and even if I did there is not enough evidence to prove that but there was clearly enough evidence to convict her of child neglect / abuse and I think there was clearly enough evidence to convict her of involuntary manslaughter.

I totally agree with your assessment of the situation. Child neglect/abuse was absolutey easy enough to prove.

Looked it up... in Florida, the crime of Aggravated Child Abuse (what she was charged with) can be committed in one of three ways by either:

1) Committing an aggravated battery on a child.
2) Willfully torturing, maliciously punishing, or willfully and unlawfully caging a child.
3) Knowingly or willfully abusing a child and in so doing causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.

Which of these three did the prosecution prove she was guilty of?

Werbung:
Looked it up... in Florida, the crime of Aggravated Child Abuse can be committed in one of three ways by either:

1) Committing an aggravated battery on a child.
2) Willfully torturing, maliciously punishing, or willfully and unlawfully caging a child.
3) Knowingly or willfully abusing a child and in so doing causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.

Which of these three did the prosecution prove she was guilty of?

I would say that the chemical and material restraints she used on her child would fall under the category of "caging."

But, most of all, I am surprise that such narrow definition of child abuse exist in Florida. That State seems to have a lot of things wrong with its policies!

Back