4.5 milion lose company health ins in 18 months

Werbung:
link ? and is the cost lower or does the govt not intend to cover expenses ? nothing has changed to lower the cost of care.

Here it is:

Healthcare Costs and U.S. Competitiveness - Council on Foreign ...
www.cfr.org

Mar 23, 2010

Introduction
The United States spends an estimated $2 trillion annually on healthcare expenses, more than any other industrialized country. According to data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the United States spends two-and-a-half times more than the OECD average, and yet ranks with Turkey and Mexico as the only OECD countries without universal health coverage.
Some analysts say an increasing number of U.S. businesses are less competitive globally because of ballooning healthcare costs. U.S. economic woes have heightened the burden of healthcare costs both on individuals and businesses.
The U.S. healthcare reform law signed by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010, includes measures aimed at making healthcare less expensive and more accessible, including upgrades to government-run Medicare and Medicaid. Still, reforming healthcare has proved politically divisive, especially over the option to expand social medicine, as well as new mandates on employers and individuals. Whether these reforms will reduce the healthcare-cost burden on U.S. industry remains under debate.

Competitive Disadvantage

The United States spent more than 17 percent of its GDP in 2009 on healthcare, higher than any other developed nation. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that number will rise to 25 percent by 2025 without changes to federal law (PDF). Employer-funded coverage is the structural mainstay of the U.S. health insurance system. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, about 71 percent of private employees in the United States had access to employer-sponsored health plans in 2006. A November 2008 Kaiser Foundation report says access to employer-sponsored health insurance has been on the decline (PDF) among low-income workers, and health premiums for workers have risen 114 percent in the last decade (PDF). A March 2010 report by Thomson Reuters, a business intelligence service, found that employers' healthcare costs rose 7.3 percent in 2009 (PDF) compared with 4.8 percent in overall U.S. health spending that year. Small businesses are less likely than large employers to be able to provide health insurance as a benefit. At 12 percent, healthcare is the most expensive benefit paid by U.S. employers, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Some economists say these ballooning dollar figures place a heavy burden on companies doing business in the United States and can put them at a substantial competitive disadvantage in the international marketplace. For large multinational corporations, footing healthcare costs presents an enormous expense. General Motors, for instance, covers more than 1.1 million employees and former employees, and the company says it spends roughly $5 billion on healthcare expenses annually. GM says healthcare costs add between $1,500 and $2,000 to the sticker price of every automobile it makes. Health benefits for unionized auto workers became a central issue derailing the 2008 congressional push to provide a financial bailout to GM and its ailing Detroit rival, Chrysler.

Here it is:

does not speak to obamacare ins costs apart from the same vague goals the administration claims.

we are all aware that healthcare is expensive and getting more so. unfortunately the legislation passed does nothing to address the cost of healthcare. we got a pig in a poke (to put it nicely) instead.

does not speak to obamacare ins costs apart from the same vague goals the administration claims.

we are all aware that healthcare is expensive and getting more so. unfortunately the legislation passed does nothing to address the cost of healthcare. we got a pig in a poke (to put it nicely) instead.

What you were questionning was wether or not the increase in health care cost was larger in the US as it is in other developed countries, especially those offering (most do) universal health care. . .

Now. . . you shift the focus, because you have nothing to answer.

BS!!!! ;):D:D

I did provide a link: Wikepedia.

I'm sure you can understand that much, even if it is too difficult for you to read a chart!

you imbedded a graphic, that is not a link. a link provides information related to the graphic.

as to your other post, please re-read my post and your response, there were two separate link requests. the second pertained to the lower cost of obamacare insurance. there is no point in trying to respond as nobody knows what it will cost or what it will cover as those things are yet to be determined.

you imbedded a graphic, that is not a link. a link provides information related to the graphic.

as to your other post, please re-read my post and your response, there were two separate link requests. the second pertained to the lower cost of obamacare insurance. there is no point in trying to respond as nobody knows what it will cost or what it will cover as those things are yet to be determined.

No. A link provide the name of the resources that is being provided. . .which I did, I told you it was Wikepedia.

And I answered your SECOND "link" question in a separate (but directly following) post. In fact, a very interesting link. . .which determine the impact of our system of always increasing private insurance premium on industry, versus what other developed countries benefit from.

But, just in case you may not have noticed. . .you are contradicting yourself. If you think that "nobody knows what it will cost or what it will cover as those things are yet to be determined," how do YOU know it will be more expensive or detrimental to business?

By the way, the part that have ALREADY been implemented (like, the right to young people to stay on their parents' policy until the age of 26) have already (as your Gallup link stated) provided a benefit: more 18 to 26 people with insurance!

No. A link provide the name of the resources that is being provided. . .which I did, I told you it was Wikepedia.

so no link, ok

And I answered your SECOND "link" question in a separate (but directly following) post. In fact, a very interesting link. . .which determine the impact of our system of always increasing private insurance premium on industry, versus what other developed countries benefit from.

But, just in case you may not have noticed. . .you are contradicting yourself. If you think that "nobody knows what it will cost or what it will cover as those things are yet to be determined," how do YOU know it will be more expensive or detrimental to business?

By the way, the part that have ALREADY been implemented (like, the right to young people to stay on their parents' policy until the age of 26) have already (as your Gallup link stated) provided a benefit: more 18 to 26 people with insurance!

as I said, best re-read your stuff.

whatever they come up with will be more expensive as the government has demonstrated itself incapable of efficiency, look at the massive overhead already in place where nothing is being provided.

so no link, ok

Apparently you do not consider Wikepedia a link. . .or you are unable to find it?
Well, let me help you: I'm just glad you recognize your limitations! :)

here is a new link first. . .with a new chart:

Universal health care - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_health_care

Attachments

• Rising cost of health care in the world wikepedia.jpg
    Rising cost of health care in the world wikepedia.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
Now, for the previous link:

Wikepedia: Health care in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_the_United_States (the first chart I provided comes from this same link.

Overall system effectiveness compared to other countries

The CIA World Factbook ranked the United States 41st in the world for infant mortality rate[105] and 46th for total life expectancy.[106] A study found that between 1997 and 2003, preventable deaths declined more slowly in the United States than in 18 other industrialized nations.[107] For example, the United States was listed as 37th for life expectancy and 41st in low birth weight.[108]

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found that the United States ranked poorly in terms of Years of potential life lost (YPLL), a statistical measure of years of life lost under the age of 70 that were amenable to being saved by health care. Among OECD nations for which data are available, the United States ranked third last for the health care of women (after Mexico and Hungary) and fifth last for men (Slovakia and Poland were also worse). See the table and source at YPLL for details.

Recent studies find growing gaps in life expectancy based on income and geography. In 2008, a government-sponsored study found that life expectancy declined from 1983 to 1999 for women in 180 counties, and for men in 11 counties, with most of the life expectancy declines occurring the Deep South, Appalachia, along the Mississippi River, in the Southern Plains and in Texas. The gap is growing between rich and poor and by educational level, but narrowing between men and women and by race.[109] Another study found that the mortality gap between the well-educated and the poorly educated widened significantly between 1993 and 2001 for adults ages 25 through 64; the authors speculated that risk factors such as smoking, obesity and high blood pressure may lie behind these disparities.[110] In 2011 the United States National Research Council forecasted that deaths attributed to smoking, on the decline in the US, will drop dramatically, improving life expectancy; it also suggested that 1/5 to 1/3 of the life expectancy difference can be attributed to obesity which is the worst in the world and has been increasing.[111] In an analysis of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, and prostate cancer diagnosed during 1990–1994 in 31 countries, the United States had the highest five-year relative survival rate for breast cancer and prostate cancer, although survival was systematically and substantially lower in black U.S. men and women.[112]

The debate about U.S. health care concerns questions of access, efficiency, and quality purchased by the high sums spent. The World Health Organization (WHO) in 2000 ranked the U.S. health care system first in responsiveness, but 37th in overall performance and 72nd by overall level of health (among 191 member nations included in the study).[13][14]

Apparently you do not consider Wikepedia a link. . .or you are unable to find it?
Well, let me help you: I'm just glad you recognize your limitations! :)

here is a new link first. . .with a new chart:

a chart is meaningless in and of itself and there is no link just a partial URL.

a chart is meaningless in and of itself and there is no link just a partial URL.

I provided the wikepedia link, including the title of the wikepedia article (twice). A chart is meaningful to anyone who knows how to read it. . .

I'm sorry if it is beyond your ability.

You obviously are trolling. I'm done with this. I am certain that IF there is anyone left in this forum that care for reality and facts, and IF they are interested in this subject, THEY will be able to get to the link.

By the way. . .I believe that trolling is against the rules of this forum?

I provided the wikepedia link, including the title of the wikepedia article (twice). A chart is meaningful to anyone who knows how to read it. . .

I'm sorry if it is beyond your ability.

You obviously are trolling. I'm done with this. I am certain that IF there is anyone left in this forum that care for reality and facts, and IF they are interested in this subject, THEY will be able to get to the link.

By the way. . .I believe that trolling is against the rules of this forum?

a chart is only meaningful if you know the nature of the data it represents. some of us are not content with pictures alone. pictures stopped being enough once I learned to read.

I tried to explain to you how to provide a link. perhaps you should ask for help in the suggestions forum. maybe someone else can explain it in words you understand.

perhaps they can explain trolling to you as well.

Werbung:
a chart is only meaningful if you know the nature of the data it represents. some of us are not content with pictures alone. pictures stopped being enough once I learned to read.

I tried to explain to you how to provide a link. perhaps you should ask for help in the suggestions forum. maybe someone else can explain it in words you understand.

perhaps they can explain trolling to you as well.

I am VERY familiar with trolling. . .especially since I started posting on this forum.

Purposefully trying to bait people into getting frustrated or angry by posting hate comments and belittleling a person is a very effective form of trolling, which (if successful) trigger someone's anger to the point that insults results that lead to banning.

If I can find a link, and I never pretended to be a computer wizard, I would think that anyone can successfully complete a search, if they are given the exact source and the title of the article by that source. The "data represented in the chart" is clearly indicated on both the Y and the X axis. I would assume that a "wizard" such as you would have no problem figuring that out. Legends provide the rest of the information necessary.

What do you need? Little flags instead of the name of the countries?

You are trolling, and you are demonstrating very bad will.

I am done with you.

Back