A Defiant Iran Vows to Build Nuclear Plants

Werbung:
I would guess within the year...

Wrong...BO does have the authority. Its called the US military.

Of course they are, but they know that will not succeed. Don't you?

Bibi is the PM for Israel - Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu

Why within the year? We are not certain of all their locations, and most estimates put an Iranian weapon at least two years out.

Further, Obama does not have any authority to grant an overflight of Iraqi air space. It is in the status of forces agreement. It would be a direct violation of all kinds of laws for Obama to do that. He won't do it.

You say they know it won't succeed, however that is a debate within Israel. I recently heard Olmert speak, and he agreed that airstrikes are a bad option and a long way off, if they are coming at all.

Yeah it would be great, I can see the protests now..

He should run for the office, he is more than qualified in every way over obama :)

except for the part about not being an American citizen.. oh, right. I almost forgot. Obama is a Kenyan.

Whatever Obama is likely to do, he is unlikely to mount up and go in alone, guns blazing, you know, like that cowboy president, what was his name again? Never mind. I've been doing my best to forget him.

Why within the year? We are not certain of all their locations, and most estimates put an Iranian weapon at least two years out.

Further, Obama does not have any authority to grant an overflight of Iraqi air space. It is in the status of forces agreement. It would be a direct violation of all kinds of laws for Obama to do that. He won't do it.

You say they know it won't succeed, however that is a debate within Israel. I recently heard Olmert speak, and he agreed that airstrikes are a bad option and a long way off, if they are coming at all.

well just the logistics of the long flight needed from Israel to the sites, would mean they could not carry to type of bombs needed to hit deep fortified sites and make sure they got them. in Order to even try they would basically need all there Fuel planes in the air on route to refuel all the planes sent...leaving them open to a attack that by irans air force. Also we and they don't know where to hit, and its naive to think that Iran will just take it and not fight back , attack US troops in Iraq, or with help of other nations attack Israel. Its a option, but its not a very good one.

Agreed. Imagine that? Our first Jewish president. Oh that would really get the anti-Semites on the Left in full blown outrage...

damn liberal KKK and Skin heads....?

lucky nothing like that would happen with a black President ....Wait how many more threats is the SS getting on the president now?

Whats next, the left nominated a Jew for VP? wait....ummmm

When you don't know what your talking about, its best to not let people know it, by talking

except for the part about not being an American citizen.. oh, right. I almost forgot. Obama is a Kenyan.

Whatever Obama is likely to do, he is unlikely to mount up and go in alone, guns blazing, you know, like that cowboy president, what was his name again? Never mind. I've been doing my best to forget him.

LOL going it alone?

you mean going it with out france, china, russia and germany.

oh yeah... they were in the oil for food scam and were making far too much money to care :)

I am glad we had a president with a back bone, who could actually decide on something

LOL going it alone?

you mean going it with out france, china, russia and germany.

oh yeah... they were in the oil for food scam and were making far too much money to care :)

I am glad we had a president with a back bone, who could actually decide on something

He was the decider, no question. Of course, a lot of those decisions were wrong ones, but they were decisions.

well just the logistics of the long flight needed from Israel to the sites, would mean they could not carry to type of bombs needed to hit deep fortified sites and make sure they got them. in Order to even try they would basically need all there Fuel planes in the air on route to refuel all the planes sent...leaving them open to a attack that by irans air force. Also we and they don't know where to hit, and its naive to think that Iran will just take it and not fight back , attack US troops in Iraq, or with help of other nations attack Israel. Its a option, but its not a very good one.

Well, that is not entirely true. Israel could carry out a somewhat effective hit, if they knew where to hit.

The Center for Strategic and International Studies actually did a pretty good study on various attack scenarios. Be it an air raid with a missile attack compliment etc etc...

Does Israel or us for that matter have the bombs that can actually penetrate the deeply fortified bunkers the nuclear facilities are in? I'm not ignorant here as I used to load munitions in the ANG . From what I understand the nuclear facilities are deep underground and in populations centers to boot.

Well, that is not entirely true. Israel could carry out a somewhat effective hit, if they knew where to hit.

The Center for Strategic and International Studies actually did a pretty good study on various attack scenarios. Be it an air raid with a missile attack compliment etc etc...

well from what I had read, it was not a issue of they could not, it was just that it was pretty risky to do. Just having all there fuel planes on in same area to refule them, and yes the evidence on where all the stuff is is not there, at best it could be a setback...but it would not end the program...thus is it worth risking the attack to possible set them back a bit...over the potential cost of a large scale responce against israel? Thats up to them to figure out, but i think they know its not a good option...but even not good options, are still options

That's why an Osirak-style assault is not a viable option for Israeli air forces.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the question of why a state whose ruling administration acts in at least partial adherence with the NPT that grants them the right to develop nuclear energy should be the subject of international condemnation, according to some, while a state whose ruling administration developed a nuclear weapons arsenal in deliberate concealment from international inspectors and whose successor administrations have continued to refuse to offer any inspection provisions is not.

Does Israel or us for that matter have the bombs that can actually penetrate the deeply fortified bunkers the nuclear facilities are in? I'm not ignorant here as I used to load munitions in the ANG . From what I understand the nuclear facilities are deep underground and in populations centers to boot.

have have bombs that could damage most of them, and I the civilan count in some areas would go up as well...thus also hurting US influence over the younger people in Iran...

Yes, but there could be a lot of collateral damage.

That's why an Osirak-style assault is not a viable option for Israeli air forces.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the question of why a state whose ruling administration acts in at least partial adherence with the NPT that grants them the right to develop nuclear energy should be the subject of international condemnation, according to some, while a state whose ruling administration developed a nuclear weapons arsenal in deliberate concealment from international inspectors and whose successor administrations have continued to refuse to offer any inspection provisions is not.

Israel is not a member of the NPT...

Additionally, all of that is irrelevant since there are numerous legally binding Security Council Resolutions called for the halt of any and all enrichment in Iran. That case would trump the NPT in many views.

Werbung:
Back