After permitting funding for Emb stemcell research, Obama bans it once again

I do not think they are thrown out; they are stored in cold storage.

I have always been against this but this is the first thread I have seen about it.

I am also against making these children by the dozen when the woman needs one. I say fertilize one egg (unless she wants twins) if it doesn’t work, go back and do it again next month. We should not be creating life like this just to experiment on it or leave it in cold storage or out of the convenience of women who does not want to keep going back to have it done if it doesn’t take the first time.

Some are frozen but only if the parents wish it and are willing to pay for it..meanwhile thousands are destroyed every year..

Thousands of embryos that cannot be used for fertility treatment are discarded as medical waste each year by IVF clinics. Embryos are discarded for a variety of reasons. Some do not develop normally, while others are found to carry genetic defects that cause serious disease. Some parents simply choose to discard leftover embryos when they are done with fertility treatment. With the parents’ consent, embryos slated for disposal can be used by researchers to derive embryonic stem cells.

http://www.umich.edu/stemcell/faq/

This is what the right is making such a big deal over..

The embryos used for stem cell research are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. They are derived from four- and five-day-old embryos created through in vitro fertilization. Embryos at this stage, called blastocysts, are spheres containing about 100 cells. They have no nervous system, no heart, and no specialized tissues. Many of the cells are still undifferentiated, meaning they can become any type of cell in the human body.

The right wing is making it sound as if these embryos are viable babies...they are not. I would think you would be on the side of parents that wish to donate their left over embryos to science...it's a lot better than throwing them away.

Werbung:
Some are frozen but only if the parents wish it and are willing to pay for it..meanwhile thousands are destroyed every year..

http://www.umich.edu/stemcell/faq/

This is what the right is making such a big deal over..

The right wing is making it sound as if these embryos are viable babies...they are not. I would think you would be on the side of parents that wish to donate their left over embryos to science...it's a lot better than throwing them away.

If any are being thrown away that makes me sick! I did not know about that. I suppose if they really are going in the trash its better to use them for research like you would a donor when they die but I am against creating them except for what a woman needs to get pregnant in the first place and I am totally against creating them just to dice them up. And I am totally against forcing tax payers to pay for things against their moral core.

Viable? That bothers me. A brand new infant is not viable either; they can not live without help from an adult. Someone dying is not viable without the doctor to help them get rid of their cancer or what ever is killing them. Old people are not viable if you don’t come by with wheels on meals or put them in a nursing home. Viable doesn’t mean crap to me. Human beings though mean everything to me and they should all be treated with respect.

If any are being thrown away that makes me sick! I did not know about that. I suppose if they really are going in the trash its better to use them for research like you would a donor when they die but I am against creating them except for what a woman needs to get pregnant in the first place and I am totally against creating them just to dice them up. And I am totally against forcing tax payers to pay for things against their moral core.

Viable? That bothers me. A brand new infant is not viable either; they can not live without help from an adult. Someone dying is not viable without the doctor to help them get rid of their cancer or what ever is killing them. Old people are not viable if you don’t come by with wheels on meals or put them in a nursing home. Viable doesn’t mean crap to me. Human beings though mean everything to me and they should all be treated with respect.

You're right, viable was probably the wrong word you use. My point is that these embryos are like is described in the link...about the size of a period used in punctuation , with no nervous system, no heart, and no specialized tissues.

I just have a feeling, that if not yourself, many others on the right have fallen for the hype and are thinking of these embryos as consisting of much more than they really are.

You're right, viable was probably the wrong word you use. My point is that these embryos are like is described in the link...about the size of a period used in punctuation , with no nervous system, no heart, and no specialized tissues.

I just have a feeling, that if not yourself, many others on the right have fallen for the hype and are thinking of these embryos as consisting of much more than they really are.

Horton says
A person is a person no matter how small :)
I am with him

Ill give you that if they are really throwing these people in the trash because they are as small as a speck then that is wrong, and while they do it I guess slicing and dicing them for research isn't so bad since they heading to the trash, but they should not be creating life so carelessly in the first place.

Does it seem that liberals like to attack the defenseless -
unborn childern
- Obama - special olympics

Anyone see a pattern

Werbung:
I repeat..left over embryos from IVF clinics are currently thrown out. Is that the practice you are advocating? I've never seen you complain about it in the past, but now that they will be used for research suddenly it's a big deal.

I appreciate you correcting another failed attempt to attack our new President Popeye.

However... the 2 cells are a whole person group won't get it. I see them talking about embryonic stem cell research as "killing babies" and immediately know there's no hope for scientific reasoning here.

The fact that these discarded embryos if not stored at the mothers request for future implantation will either be used for important medical research or tossed in the bio-hazard waste bin is a reality that is only to be denied by some because it doesn't fit neatly into their preconceived concept.

But like I said thanks anyway for trying.

This is way too long for anyone to watch that all ready has their mind made up... but it highlights your point and the importance of such research.

Back