An interesting insight on the muslim mind

Werbung:
I believe that is what YOU said.
Racist.
That is a direct quote from the biography of Malcolm X. Those are his words, not mine. And if you don't know who Malcolm X is, I suggest you do some serious study - because he was an extremely important person in Black history in America.

That is a direct quote from the biography of Malcolm X. Those are his words, not mine. And if you don't know who Malcolm X is, I suggest you do some serious study - because he was an extremely important person in Black history in America.

I know Malcolm X quite well--and was around when he was popular.
Remember the day when he was shot.
By a "person of color" as fate would have it.

My mentioning of racist was aimed at another.
My response was aimed at Dawkinsrocks--who was calling others racist--when, in fact, it is HE who dwells on that aspect.
All leftists are obsessed with race--which is pretty much the essential property that makes one a racist.

I agree with your lucid point of view in that post.
Sorry if I was confusing.

I've lived in several Muslim countries in my life, and asked myself "what is the appeal of Islam". Malcolm X reasoned that Islam was the religion for dark-skin people. Personally, I think you must understand the genetic differences between cultures. All men are NOT created equal. Subtle, but substantial, changes that have occurred as man evolved evolved from the first wave of humans that came out of Africa. As each group settled into a particular area and environment, their body and brain adopted to the change. The most obvious change was skin color which changed according to how much sunshine vitamin D the body required.

Without getting into detail, our brains also changed. The brain changed so that humans could live in the nomadic existence of Saudi Arabia. It was much more important to follow tribal leaders without question, abstract thinking was fatal. People possessing that quality never lived to have children -Darwin at work.

Islam fit that into that kind of brain. That religion has 5 pillars which you must follow: Pray 5 times a day, go to the Mosque every Friday, etc. Easy. You don't have to figure out what the abstract parables meant that Jesus was talking about. Christianity doesn't fit their brain.

Even today, that evolved brain remains unchanged. They are willing to blindly follow a leader to defend Islam - just like the Arabic desert 1400 years ago. They are not suited to question if Islam is right or wrong, no matter what other Muslims do in the name of Allah.

Those are my observations.

Well your observations are wrong.

Well your observations are wrong.
As one who professes to be a doctor, it's too bad you do not keep up with advances in genetics. Hot subject these days - all our perceptions of evolution requiring thousands of year to change the human body have been proved wrong.

Hey, you guys win

I mean, how can you argue with people who believe in talking snakes, people walking on the ocean or that asking one of your followers to commit infanticide to prove his faith is a good thing?

Yep, you have got to have had your brain taken out and replaced with a clockwork mouse to believe this crap so there is no chance of reasoning with such imbeciles.

Its those Muslims who are the ones who have got it all wrong, right?

Dawkins says he cannot rule out the possibility that there is a god in the same way that he can't rule out that there are fairies and elves

But in the same way that anyone believing in the latter would clearly be an imbecile so would anyone believing in the former

Dawkins is a genius
..in your mind i'm sure he is..

First, I want to post this link with regard to recent human evolution: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/29/genetic_variations_recent_study/

Second, I built a second house in rural Indonesia in 2000. That was before cellphones, and if you had a TV and electricity, your antennae could pick up one station. In those days almost everybody believed in supernatural phenomenon. For example, you could buy a potion that would force a man to fall in love with a woman (or visa versa), it was called palet.

If your marriage ended in divorce, the story was not complete without including the idea that the spouse had used palet to force a bad marriage - and that's why it ended in divorce. 13 years later, only a minority of the population believe in these supernatural things - obviously changed by modern technology and communication.

My point is that any religious leader who lived 1500 years ago, from Moses, Jesus to Mohammed, was naturally going to include the supernatural and miracles because these things were part of the culture of the past. One must be very careful not to do many things - or your baby will be deformed, etc. Plus, for things people didn't understand, it was branded a miracle.

So in every religion you get many things happening because of miracles.. I am sure any good magician today could figure out a way to "walk on water". In other cases time and history have a way of enlarging and changing things - simply because the story must include magic (just like every story of divorce a decade ago had to include palet).

The "holy books" were written long after the lifetime of the the holy leader. For example, the Gospel of Mark, was written over 100 years after Jesus died - all based on hearsay. The blame does not lie on the author for trying to deceive, obviously he had good intentions in trying to record some spectacular event in history. And naturally, he would write the book in the style and culture of the times.

We of the 21st century, should look at these ancient books and apply modern knowledge. Cosmology in the past 100 years has revealed many things that the ancients never knew - and still don't understand.

What causes gravity? Still a scientific mystery. Where or what is God? Still a mystery. But for anybody who understands physics knows that mother nature wants to move from the organized to the disorganized. Easy to put salt into water, but darn tough to get the salt back out again.

Yet, as the sun rises everyday in the East and atoms continue to follow very organized patterns, it is logical to ask, "Why do so many things stay organized?" Hard to call it good luck, but possible to call it God... the organizing entity in the universe.

So to literally follow the traditions introduced into the world many centuries is a concept that deserved to be seriously questioned. But to follow some teachings like "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" seems to be as relevant today as it was years go." Conclusion: we need a wise man to modernize the concept of God - and present it as ideas to consider, NOT AS A RELIGION.

You are right

Religion has hijacked human principles of justice and claimed them as its own

With no justification

Karl Marx says do unto others as you would have them do to you but most Americans have never read a word he wrote but castigate his teachings vehemently

The bible is a collection of fictional works interlaced with basic morality that anyone could frame

But it is also full of hatred and violence and downright lies

The sun does not go round the earth. Slavery is not acceptable. Infanticide is not acceptable as proof of faith etc

So really it is a worthless piece of shit that has been used by very vicious people to justify such things as burning live human beings, torturing them, genocide, slavery, racism, homophobia etc.

We should have a bible burning session

You are right

With no justification

Karl Marx says do unto others as you would have them do to you but most Americans have never read a word he wrote but castigate his teachings vehemently

The bible is a collection of fictional works interlaced with basic morality that anyone could frame

The sun does not go round the earth. Slavery is not acceptable. Infanticide is not acceptable as proof of faith etc

So really it is a worthless piece of shit that has been used by very vicious people to justify such things as burning live human beings, torturing them, genocide, slavery, racism, homophobia etc.

Oh...the intolerance of the Left is boundless.

Is it any wonder that left wing governments murdered more people in the 20th century than all previous centuries.

You are right

With no justification

Thats not at all what Hobo was saying..or at least not what I read,,

Thats not at all what Hobo was saying..or at least not what I read,,
You are right Cashmcall, that's NOT what I was saying.

I thought I was clear. All Holy Books were written in ancient times, and reflect the culture and lifestyle of 2 millennium in the past. Magic and miracles were all common explanations for things that people didn't understand.

Either that, or over the years, the books have been changed to make them more acceptable and believable to the local population. For example, if you are really the Messiah, you must be able to heal the sick. In today's world, no one would believe a story about somebody who calls himself the Messiah and he can bring the dead back to life. People would never believe it!

That's not to say Jesus was or was not sent by God, or that God exists in some form. I am just saying in the 21st century we believe the universe seems to be quite well organized. Einstein's scientific theories have held up for many years - suggesting that something is keeping the universe running like a clock. Someday we may discover that something the ancients called God, or Allah, does exist with powers that we can't begin to imagine.

Easy to criticize what some ancient books say. Very hard to argue that God does not exist in some form.

Werbung:
The onus is not on arguing that something does not exist

This is the subversion of reality that christians now cling to making the massive ontological leap from 'you can't prove god doesn't exist' to 'so therefore he does'

This is puerile at best and at worst it obliges you to believe in everything including a vicious deity who created the devil knowing how that would turn out but he didn't care because he needed a custodian of hell to fulfill his vile plan of burning weak people for thinking the wrong way.

Wait a minute...

Back