An unpopular (in this forum) view of the GOP that needs to be faced

Werbung:
Who cares? The problem is not so much the deficit. . .it is the continuous INCREASE in deficit!
And, by the way, if the deficit went back down to the 2008 level, . . . it would be lower than the 2008 level, due to inflation!

And, yes, if we can get the economy back to a good level of growth, if we cut down tax loopholes for income over $450,000, or limit the deduction allowed to $50,000 a year, if we cut the waste, and if we trim (or cut in some cases) corporate welfare, and if we CUT defense by at least 20% we can trim the deficit down significantly!

Why. . .Do you think that the only way to take care of the deficit is to cut medicare and medicaid, and to privatize social security?

Do you have a better plan? Apparently none of your friend in the GOP did. . .in fact, do you realize that both Boehner AND Ryan voted YEA last night?

Why. . .
Oh, I have a much better plan, but you're right: No one in the GOP does. I think I said as much in my post.

Announcement:
Moody's Anticipates Further US Fiscal Action Following "Fiscal Cliff" Deal

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the net increase in budget deficits from the fiscal package when compared to its baseline scenario (which assumes taxes on all income levels would increase) is about $4 trillion over the coming decade, excluding higher interest costs on the resultant higher debt. Based on that estimate, a preliminary calculation by Moody's shows that the ratio of government debt to GDP would peak at about 80% in 2014.

Announcement:
Moody's Anticipates Further US Fiscal Action Following "Fiscal Cliff" Deal

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the net increase in budget deficits from the fiscal package when compared to its baseline scenario (which assumes taxes on all income levels would increase) is about $4 trillion over the coming decade, excluding higher interest costs on the resultant higher debt. Based on that estimate, a preliminary calculation by Moody's shows that the ratio of government debt to GDP would peak at about 80% in 2014.

That's funny, because it was already at 83% in mid 2009, and it is now over 101% of GDP.

http://ycharts.com/indicators/us_public_debt_gdp

Werbung:
Back