Are Voter ID Laws Racist?

Werbung:
No, they are not racist. Not even close.

That yelling 'racists' crap is over used, and loosing traction.

No they are not racist; actually those who claim its racist are the racists themselves.

They are assuming minorities are not as bright as white people and cant or won’t follow the laws as well as white people and excuses must be made for their ignorance. They don’t even understand they are the racists. I have been battling these self-righteous white people my whole life, those who think I couldn’t make it through the front door without their helping me. Patting their self on the back all the while for being understanding to my minority status (that exists only in their minds)

At work they make us go through these classes to understand minorities. They are by far the most racist thing I have ever been made to sit through and the idiots don’t even know what they peddle is racist.

What makes me most mad are the minorities who go along with the racist treatment, thinking they are getting some special privilege out of it.

They're only racist if you believe that minorities are the ones too lazy or whatever to get an ID.
But, that is a racist position in and of itself, isn't it?

They're only racist if you believe that minorities are the ones too lazy or whatever to get an ID.
But, that is a racist position in and of itself, isn't it?

Being too lazy is probably not the excuse the PC left uses. Not educated enough to know they need it, not money enough to afford it are the main reasons.

Being too lazy is probably not the excuse the PC left uses. Not educated enough to know they need it, not money enough to afford it are the main reasons.
Thinking of minorities as ignorant and poor is another racist notion, it seems to me.

Thinking of minorities as ignorant and poor is another racist notion, it seems to me.

Yep I agree

At work they try to "train" us on how to deal with minorities

If a young black or Hispanic student comes to class tired we can assume there was fighting in the home and he probably didn’t get a good breakfast. So we need to understand his plight. Problem is this..

That is a horrible racist way to think. Blacks and Mexicans don’t have the corner on domestic violence or poverty and it’s disgusting to assume they do.

The idiots who taught the class were all white people with self-professed “white guilt” and felt they had “white privilege”. But what they just could not see is that they were so full of themselves they would say without realizing it that it was their job to open the door so the minority could make it through. As though the minority were too stupid to know how to work a door handle.

I have never seen so much racist talk, stereotyping and self-aggrandizing in my life than I endured from these white liberal racists in my 4 hour “race sensitivity class”

And the really really sad part is… these people have no idea how racist they sound and come across and how racist and insensitive their ideas are.

Someone asked me at the end of the class how I feel about what I heard today, they were assuming I would be happy since I am a minority…. I said that I felt like these people do not give me the credit for where I am today, that everything I have done I have needed a nice white person to open the door for me, that I can’t even take credit for my own hard work because I obviously cannot manage without white people to get over their ‘white guilt’ and acknowledge their ‘white privilege” before I can manage to get anyplace in life.

They were clueless and had no idea that this is what they were basically saying and it’s what they are saying here too. Minorities cannot be expected to follow the same rules as us because they are too poor or too ignorant. Its offensive, though they probably don’t even realize they are being offensive just like in the class I took.

Yep I agree

At work they try to "train" us on how to deal with minorities

If a young black or Hispanic student comes to class tired we can assume there was fighting in the home and he probably didn’t get a good breakfast. So we need to understand his plight. Problem is this..

That is a horrible racist way to think. Blacks and Mexicans don’t have the corner on domestic violence or poverty and it’s disgusting to assume they do.

The idiots who taught the class were all white people with self-professed “white guilt” and felt they had “white privilege”. But what they just could not see is that they were so full of themselves they would say without realizing it that it was their job to open the door so the minority could make it through. As though the minority were too stupid to know how to work a door handle.

I have never seen so much racist talk, stereotyping and self-aggrandizing in my life than I endured from these white liberal racists in my 4 hour “race sensitivity class”

And the really really sad part is… these people have no idea how racist they sound and come across and how racist and insensitive their ideas are.

Someone asked me at the end of the class how I feel about what I heard today, they were assuming I would be happy since I am a minority…. I said that I felt like these people do not give me the credit for where I am today, that everything I have done I have needed a nice white person to open the door for me, that I can’t even take credit for my own hard work because I obviously cannot manage without white people to get over their ‘white guilt’ and acknowledge their ‘white privilege” before I can manage to get anyplace in life.

They were clueless and had no idea that this is what they were basically saying and it’s what they are saying here too. Minorities cannot be expected to follow the same rules as us because they are too poor or too ignorant. Its offensive, though they probably don’t even realize they are being offensive just like in the class I took.

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. The presenters want to categorize minorities and don't seem to understand how racist their own ideas appear to be.

I attended a class like that some time back. The presenters kept talking about "people of color". Now, just exactly what does that mean? I told them that there is no monolithic block of people called "people of color" including all minorities in one category. I don't think I made any points with anyone, though.

Meanwhile, they asked for a breakdown in the race/ethnicity of kids in my class. "White non Hispanic" was zero. Who is the minority?

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. The presenters want to categorize minorities and don't seem to understand how racist their own ideas appear to be.

I attended a class like that some time back. The presenters kept talking about "people of color". Now, just exactly what does that mean? I told them that there is no monolithic block of people called "people of color" including all minorities in one category. I don't think I made any points with anyone, though.

Meanwhile, they asked for a breakdown in the race/ethnicity of kids in my class. "White non Hispanic" was zero. Who is the minority?

It’s nice when we agree on something, and this one is a real hard one for some to understand.

People who are not a minority and disagree with this “white privilege” concept are deemed racist and people who are minority and disagree with it are considered too ignorant to understand or not minority enough to care and essentially working against their own best interests. Irritating to say the least and working for a school district in a really left leaning town I am not just surrounded by this thinking, I am drowning in it.

And it’s really funny they ignore and don’t consider Asian a real minority, they are not counted in the numbers because they tend to show better test scores than the white kids, it messes up some of their white privilege ideas. If they did the opposite and looked closer at Asian’s as a group they would see it doesn’t matter if you are wealthy or poor, large or small family, the biggest key to success is involved parents. And even white wealthy kids don’t do as well when parents are not involved.

It’s nice when we agree on something, and this one is a real hard one for some to understand.

People who are not a minority and disagree with this “white privilege” concept are deemed racist and people who are minority and disagree with it are considered too ignorant to understand or not minority enough to care and essentially working against their own best interests. Irritating to say the least and working for a school district in a really left leaning town I am not just surrounded by this thinking, I am drowning in it.

And it’s really funny they ignore and don’t consider Asian a real minority, they are not counted in the numbers because they tend to show better test scores than the white kids, it messes up some of their white privilege ideas. If they did the opposite and looked closer at Asian’s as a group they would see it doesn’t matter if you are wealthy or poor, large or small family, the biggest key to success is involved parents. And even white wealthy kids don’t do as well when parents are not involved.
Yes, absolutely, it's involved parents that make the difference, not the amount of melanin in the skin.

and it seems only people who feel this way are liberals who keep promoting this nonsense whenever voter id comes up. its all they have because they can't possibly accept the idea of surrendering any means of fraud.

Werbung:
The Point im making,,, The law says you must show ID to clerk on buying Budweiser or an Powerball ticket but it doesnt say show your ID and you can vote.

Back