Breaking the shackles of faith

Here's a man with his firmly attached. Welcome to House of Politics, I have a feeling that you're going to be a breath of fresh air around here.

Er, his what firmly attached? Head, dick, or some other useless appendage? ;)

Werbung:
NO, don't think you are anyone of authority to argue there is no God (like you could possibly understand such a concept) and don't think you know me well enough to call me a fool because you haven't the faintest idea who you're typing to.

I believe you called me a fool amoungst other things in another thread yesterday, despite the exact same circumstances.

You're not acquainted with the truth and like Sublime, you're just another cowardly fool. Perhaps you don't think you are because you were born and raised in a secular, anti-christian, anti-national environment and think the world should be run according to your ignorant, brainwashed self. .

I think that you are the brainwashed one my dear friend, because my mother was vaugley religious and my father told me to make up my own mind. I came to the conclusion there is no SOLID proof of God, only lots of questions in the world. So people use these unanswered questions to create God, who in himself is also questionable. Funny how you believe religion is so solid when there is nothing but other peoples faith to back yours up on.

Or maybe you were just born with lousy parent/s and can't comprehend the concept of nationalism or societal greatness.

I often think that nationalism is what comes out of having little else to pride yourself or to cling onto in your life.

Don't think I don't understand you and your kind. I understand you better than you could possibly comprehend. You think I sit at my computer all day making up BS and don't debate and understand people!?! I understand you and I understand what created you just as I understand what created me.You and your fellow disilussioned,shallow, ignorant, indoctrinated nobodys live in your own world made by the architects like me who understand and create it.

Funny how me and you disagree on everything, and you are the one who has been indoctrinated into religion, not me. And how are you an architecht of this world, your so backwards its untrue, you would have fitted right in during the 1900's. You said you were a soldier, its a good profession in some ways, but its more concerned with blowing up the world than shaping it like an architect.

The very idea you could possibly beg to lecture me on concepts like freedom, nationalism, war and the way to live has only been encouraged by the lazy cowardice slime you've been convinced to embrace.You are not acquainted with truth. You only think you are and are ignorant to think I represent one narrow-minded bracket on the political spectrum when it is you who are the ignorant narrowminded mouth-piece who isn't worthy to even discuss politics with me. Until you pick up a weapon and begin to live the american way of life and fight for it, you haven't the understanding or qualifications to even adress ME about politics. You are a child not acquainted with the truth.

Can't you see you are the one with a ring through your nose, tugged along by the church and the pope, while I do not have that tug on me. You are angry, I am not, because you have been moulded to hate whatever challanges what your superiors have told you is right.

You are also so arrogant its untrue.

And what qualifications are these that you brag of, despite being a soldier with friends who are soldiers? I'm not saying soldiers don't have qualifications in other professions, but all you seem to have is a degree in speaking in the same ranting style as Hitler, not actually adressing politics but attacking people who you don't believe in.

Start debating, stop the personal attacks, it shows you have no substance.

NO, don't think you are anyone of authority to argue there is no God (like you could possibly understand such a concept) and don't think you know me well enough to call me a fool because you haven't the faintest idea who you're typing to. You're not acquainted with the truth and like Sublime, you're just another cowardly fool. Perhaps you don't think you are because you were born and raised in a secular, anti-christian, anti-national environment and think the world should be run according to your ignorant, brainwashed self. Or maybe you were just born with lousy parent/s and can't comprehend the concept of nationalism or societal greatness. Don't think I don't understand you and your kind. I understand you better than you could possibly comprehend. You think I sit at my computer all day making up BS and don't debate and understand people!?! I understand you and I understand what created you just as I understand what created me.You and your fellow disilussioned,shallow, ignorant, indoctrinated nobodys live in your own world made by the architects like me who understand and create it. The very idea you could possibly beg to lecture me on concepts like freedom, nationalism, war and the way to live has only been encouraged by the lazy cowardice slime you've been convinced to embrace.You are not acquainted with truth. You only think you are and are ignorant to think I represent one narrow-minded bracket on the political spectrum when it is you who are the ignorant narrowminded mouth-piece who isn't worthy to even discuss politics with me. Until you pick up a weapon and begin to live the american way of life and fight for it, you haven't the understanding or qualifications to even adress ME about politics. You are a child not acquainted with the truth.

Actually I was brought up in a strict evangelical christian household, and I was myself a christian up until a year ago. Ad hominum attacks against me will not resolve the fact that religions blind their devotees to their rhotoric - watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRCEFeEcls8 for a good idea of the 'truth'.

No its not, its a lack of faith. You don't hold on to anything, because the prospect of rotting with the worms is not really a likeable prospect.

I am not blinded by what I believe, because I believe nothing. I believe there probably is a God, but all religions on earth seem to be very, very man made to me.

But the minute someone says, "hey, I don't want little Suzy being taught someone else's religion in school" my God, the religious right is tearing their hair and rending their clothes about how persecuted they are.

"taught someone else's religion in school"? "Tearing their hair"? Your concept of Religion isnt "taught" in public schools. I suspect you are refering to incidents such as-

LOS ANGELES – A California teacher has been barred by his school from giving students documents from American history that refer to God – including the Declaration of Independence.

Steven Williams, a fifth-grade teacher at Stevens Creek School in the San Francisco Bay area suburb of Cupertino, sued for discrimination Monday, claiming he had been singled out for censorship by principal Patricia Vidmar because he is a Christian....
Among the materials she has rejected, according to Williams, are excerpts from the Declaration of Independence, George Washington's journal, John Adams' diary, Samuel Adams' "The Rights of the Colonists" and William Penn's "The Frame of Government of Pennsylvania."
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20041124-1309-life-declaration.html

Is the teacher tearing out his hair or is it the Principle? Is he teaching religion or history? And what religion do you think this principal is really trying to teach? Im ashamed to say it is mine, atheism. Colorado currently has a good example recently of the real indoctrination occuring in schools.

A guest speaker at an assembly at Boulder High School in Colorado has told students as young as 14 to go have sex and use drugs, prompting school officials to say they will investigate....
"I am going to encourage you to have sex and encourage you to use drugs appropriately,"...
"The panelists irresponsibly advised Boulder High students to have sex and use drugs," the family responded. "Teenage abstinence was dismissed as an unwise choice and indicative of religious hang-ups." ...
"We all experiment. It's very natural for young people to experiment with same sex relationships. When you are 13, 12, 13, 14 certainly probably one of the most appropriate sexual behaviors would be masturbation. Even today, there are psychiatrists who will do sessions under the influence of ecstasy. If I had some maybe I'd do it with someone, but you know." ...
"These experts came in to undermine and contradict everything most parents at that school are trying to teach their kids about sex and drugs. And I believe that a lot of those parents are ready to fight back. But we'll find out in the next few days," ...
http://talk.ocregister.com/printthread.php?t=28754

"These experts came in to undermine and contradict everything most parents at that school are trying to teach their kids". You are right to a certain extent that "people believe whatever they were taught as kids". The left want to take that job away from the parents, and give it to the schools so the kids learn whay YOU think in regards to religion, instead of what the parents think. MARK

Right

Atheism is just another faith based belief system.

No country was ever built successfully under atheism. This crap like all the other crap I've heard over and over again is only professed by freaks. By lazy cowards who never grew up to be men and never fought for anything honest and good in their life. That other morons comment about "Free thought"- I've been around the block. I've been to college as I've been to church. I've met atheist people as well as christian families. And I'll tell you this: "Freedom of Thought" is the high-raised banner of scum. These atheist cowards, these dishonest splatters of mainstreet vomit want you to believe that only smart, decent people have an ideology yet they will also assert there is no such thing as "Good" (yeah, they'll put it in quotations) or "Bad". Scum too, all the people you want to avoid and shield your people and your children from have ideologies just like you. They're very clever speakers and writers too like this Sublime and Vyo and they above all, above everything want you to believe what they do. They do this for two reasons. Firstly it's because these sick, perverted, demented mental pedophiles hate when people think alike and live by moral codes. They hate it when people are looked at by others with honor and respect. It KILLS them. It rips them apart inside and nothing socially gets to them more. Continuing to the second, it makes them aware. It makes them aware that they're integrally subordinate. And because of this, because they feel their own degenerate, bottom-rung, base nature inside them reaffirming to them they are indeed scum, they want you to feel just the way they do and just as badly. They want to trick you into thinking, feeling, looking at things and behaving the way they do for the sole reason, the sole cause that they do not like superiority, honesty, integrity, chivalry, decency,hard work and the understanding of good and decent things. And they get-off on that. They get zen about that. This is what starts it all, all their DOGMA and rhetoric crap designed to bend you to their own slanted perverted views. That's what politics today are really about. It's about the fight against barbarism and misery reverberated by these goliaths of selfishness and cowardly envy. I've been to a lot of places and talked to all kinds of people and believe me when I tell you that this is the real truth and not a lie. On my life and God, this is the real truth.

No its not, its a lack of faith. You don't hold on to anything, because the prospect of rotting with the worms is not really a likeable prospect.

I am not blinded by what I believe, because I believe nothing. I believe there probably is a God, but all religions on earth seem to be very, very man made to me.

Consider. You cannot definitavely prove the non existene of god, those of a religious proclivity cannot definitively prove the existence of god. Both make a major assumption as to the existence or non existence of god.

The lack of faith, either in the existence of god, or non existence of god is more rightly considered agnosticism since it means the lack of knowledge of god.

As to your belief (assumption or faith) that I believe in a deity because I don't want worms eating my body. That is wrong. I can think of few things better than a returning to the earth some of what the earth gave to me. So you cannot make the claim that somehow out of fear of rotting I am clinging to some idea or other.

You on the other hand have faith, faith that your belief system or doctrine, the belief that there is no god, will somehow be proved true some time in the distant future. I accept your faith based view in that it fulfills a need you might have.

Nor have I said you were blinded, though your post does ted to be somewhat dogmatic in precepts of your belief system. ;)

No country was ever built successfully under atheism. This crap like all the other crap I've heard over and over again is only professed by freaks. By lazy cowards who never grew up to be men and never fought for anything honest and good in their life. That other morons comment about "Free thought"- I've been around the block. I've been to college as I've been to church. I've met atheist people as well as christian families. And I'll tell you this: "Freedom of Thought" is the high-raised banner of scum. These atheist cowards, these dishonest splatters of mainstreet vomit want you to believe that only smart, decent people have an ideology yet they will also assert there is no such thing as "Good" (yeah, they'll put it in quotations) or "Bad". Scum too, all the people you want to avoid and shield your people and your children from have ideologies just like you. They're very clever speakers and writers too like this Sublime and Vyo and they above all, above everything want you to believe what they do. They do this for two reasons. Firstly it's because these sick, perverted, demented mental pedophiles hate when people think alike and live by moral codes. They hate it when people are looked at by others with honor and respect. It KILLS them. It rips them apart inside and nothing socially gets to them more. Continuing to the second, it makes them aware. It makes them aware that they're integrally subordinate. And because of this, because they feel their own degenerate, bottom-rung, base nature inside them reaffirming to them they are indeed scum, they want you to feel just the way they do and just as badly. They want to trick you into thinking, feeling, looking at things and behaving the way they do for the sole reason, the sole cause that they do not like superiority, honesty, integrity, chivalry, decency,hard work and the understanding of good and decent things. This is what starts it all, all their DOGMA and rhetoric crap designed to bend you to their own slanted perverted views. That's what politics today are really about. It's about the fight against barbarism and misery reverberated by these goliaths of selfishness and cowardly envy. I've been to a lot of places and talked to all kinds of people and believe me when I tell you that this is the real truth and not a lie. On my life and God, this is the real truth.

There is a dearth of good works by atheists to be sure. I don't see their hospitals, nor their works of charity, or even other works to help the poor. I really often see atheists complaining about non atheists. Maybe if they didn't sit around and complain about delusion and actually carried out some good works based on their belief system, it might be more convincing. :cool:

That's agnosticism, not atheism. Atheism is the stated belief that there is no God. It requires the same level of faith as any other religion because the idea that there absolutely is no God is just as unprovable as the idea that there is one. We have an entire thread here that established that pretty solidly.

So long as there is still a reasonable doubt in your mind that there may be a higher being, or God, you're an agnostic. Once that doubt is gone and you state that you believe there is no God, then you're an atheist.

I often think that nationalism is what comes out of having little else to pride yourself or to cling onto in your life.

Well, I think if your a North Korean who worships the fearless leader of your glorious Nation, you would be right. I think we in America have more reason to be proud of our Nation. Less requirement for the need "often" for a pathetic life to instill some nationalism. I look at all the governments of the world, and wouldnt trade ours for any other. I look at the economies of the world and there isnt another I would prefer to be a participant of. I look at the levels of freedom in all the nations of the world and dont see a one that has a level I would rather exercise.
And speaking of religion I would say that the US is the expression of the enlightenment and the protestant reformation. The end of the government ordained by God and Church. The individuals relationship with God was a relationship with the individual and the church. Christianity was whatever the pope said it was. The authority to govern was granted by God to whoever the church decided to ordain with such authority. With the reformation, the individual had an individual relationship with God. Christianity became what the newly available printed bible said it was. The church was out of the granting of gods authority business. America was the first expression of that ideal. We as individuals grant to government the only authority they can have from God because we as individuals posses all of it. And while I guess I might need to be thankful to the snotty europeans who got the idea rolling, back in the day, I am more proud that my country was the one to finally make that expression.
So come on now, every body join in now with this proud American atheist,

God bless America, land that I love Stand beside her and guide her Through the night with the light from above From the mountains To the prairies....

MARK

Well, I think if your a North Korean who worships the fearless leader of your glorious Nation, you would be right. I think we in America have more reason to be proud of our Nation. Less requirement for the need "often" for a pathetic life to instill some nationalism. I look at all the governments of the world, and wouldnt trade ours for any other. I look at the economies of the world and there isnt another I would prefer to be a participant of. I look at the levels of freedom in all the nations of the world and dont see a one that has a level I would rather exercise.
And speaking of religion I would say that the US is the expression of the enlightenment and the protestant reformation. The end of the government ordained by God and Church. The individuals relationship with God was a relationship with the individual and the church. Christianity was whatever the pope said it was. The authority to govern was granted by God to whoever the church decided to ordain with such authority. With the reformation, the individual had an individual relationship with God. Christianity became what the newly available printed bible said it was. The church was out of the granting of gods authority business. America was the first expression of that ideal. We as individuals grant to government the only authority they can have from God because we as individuals posses all of it. And while I guess I might need to be thankful to the snotty europeans who got the idea rolling, back in the day, I am more proud that my country was the one to finally make that expression.
So come on now, every body join in now with this proud American atheist,

MARK

While I don't share your apparent disdain for the other nations of the world, I am quite proud of what the Founding Fathers created here. And while I think we've let the expanding bureaucracy get ahead of its usefulness, and while I think that we've lost sight of a lot of the traditions that made our country a revolutionary place to be ideologically, and while I sometimes foster the belief that setting the clock back to 1776 might be a decent idea in purifying our government, I'm still hopeful for the future of America. So yeah, Mark, allow me to finish the song.
...to the oceans, white with foam. God Bless America, my home sweet home.

Werbung:
Back