CA. Priest call a sin to have voted for Obama

I don’t think for the most part people in political parties think that God is in charge of their party but they may think god is on their side, except for atheists who don’t believe in a god :)

What I meant was I don’t think people should say they are part of something if they don’t believe the core of what that something is.

If the core belief of what it means to be a republican is small government, pro life and following of the constitution, then pro abortion, big government people shouldn’t say they are republican... now you can’t even tell what the party is because it’s so watered down.

Faith is similar, if someone wants to follow the core beliefs of a faith, like let’s say the RCC then it seems to me they should believe in the core ideas of that faith or pick another faith.

I look at that nutty priest who is for obama and think is that what the RCC has reduced its self to being :( I know what a real RC should believe but I never actually meet anyone who believes it.

I don't think any priest is "nutty" for being for Obama - he just happens to believe that Obama reflects more of the Christian faith than McCain, so what?

I find it crazy that people should think that any one candidate totally reflects what any one religion is all about. People in general don't follow to the letter everything the hierarchy in their religion tells them to. American Catholics are a great example of that. In general, they believe in many of the fundamentals, but disagree on several things: whether women should be priests, whether priests should marry, birth control, abortion rights, etc. Should they not receive communion because they don't believe the Pope is correct on this?

If priests denied communion to everyone that disagreed with some of the tenants of the RCC, then Overstock.com would have to start selling communion wafers, because there would be a huge surplus. After all, McCain cheated on his wife with other women, divorced his first wife to marry a younger woman, etc. How is that reflective of the ideals of the RCC?

Again, it is very telling that 54% of Catholics voted for Obama.

Werbung:
I don't think any priest is "nutty" for being for Obama - he just happens to believe that Obama reflects more of the Christian faith than McCain, so what?

I find it crazy that people should think that any one candidate totally reflects what any one religion is all about. People in general don't follow to the letter everything the hierarchy in their religion tells them to. American Catholics are a great example of that. In general, they believe in many of the fundamentals, but disagree on several things: whether women should be priests, whether priests should marry, birth control, abortion rights, etc. Should they not receive communion because they don't believe the Pope is correct on this?

If priests denied communion to everyone that disagreed with some of the tenants of the RCC, then Overstock.com would have to start selling communion wafers, because there would be a huge surplus. After all, McCain cheated on his wife with other women, divorced his first wife to marry a younger woman, etc. How is that reflective of the ideals of the RCC?

Again, it is very telling that 54% of Catholics voted for Obama.

I guess you dont know Father Pfleger? He was twice suspended by the church for his "nuttyness" where his lord messiah obama was concerned.

here is a sample

I guess you dont know Father Pfleger? He was twice suspended by the church for his "nuttyness" where his lord messiah obama was concerned.

As opposed to the Right Wing church nut jobs? Let us just see here... hum...

Rod Parsley... God created America to kill Muslims.

Reverend Hagee... Catholicism is the great whore... and God caused Katrina to punish New Orleans from an upcoming Gay Pride Parade. (Wonder what he says when the tornado hits the trailer park full of born again Christians?):D

Or my absolute favorite... Ted "the top church guy" Haggard. Crystal meth smokin', gay prostitute boinkin' McCain fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhcScBdnEhY

Now even you gotta admit that's a Mastercard moment... PRICELESS!:D

there are total crack jobs on both sides,
we were talking about the RCC in general and their support of obama who is against what they claim to believe .... rights of the unborn

Remember when Kerry was asked about his religion and his views on abortion? He's Roman Catholic, as you probably know.

He was against abortion, but against the idea of imposing his values on the rest of society. That positions sounded like a good Libertarian's view to me.

Why can't a Catholic be both against abortion, and at the same time against the government imposing that value? Would a Catholic have to be in favor of passing a law against working on Sunday? How about one outlawing divorce?

Remember when Kerry was asked about his religion and his views on abortion? He's Roman Catholic, as you probably know.

He was against abortion, but against the idea of imposing his values on the rest of society. That positions sounded like a good Libertarian's view to me.

Why can't a Catholic be both against abortion, and at the same time against the government imposing that value? Would a Catholic have to be in favor of passing a law against working on Sunday? How about one outlawing divorce?

John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) is almost as pro abortion as obama is. he voted for partial birth abortion up to the 9th month for any reason. he was denied communion in the past for his views.

I am not RC and I am not the pope, its not my religion. But those are the rules and laws for the RCC and the pope made those rules not me.

If the pope could outlaw divorce and working on sundays he probably would.

he can not control the working on sunday but the RCC does not recognize divorced people in their church to be able to get communion either. and if a RC divorces the RCC does not accept the second marriage or let them take communion (at least the pope told the bishops and priest not to do it) i dont know that all bishops and priests follow the rules though.

Excellent post PLC1. It's not so much a matter of what you believe personally, but whether you want to legislate your belief systems onto everyone else. Kerry explained this, as did Biden. Both are practicing Catholics.

I just find it odd that the RCC wanted people to support McCain over Obama based on the one issue of reproductive rights. So, it's OK to mess around on your wife and get a divorce, but it's not OK to say "I believe that abortion is a choice between women and their doctor." It's OK to say "let's not use birth control and overpopulate the earth" rather than favor places like Planned Parenthood which PREVENTS unwanted pregnancies to a much larger degree than simply providing abortions. Sorry, but I just think that's dumb.

Excellent post PLC1. It's not so much a matter of what you believe personally, but whether you want to legislate your belief systems onto everyone else. Kerry explained this, as did Biden. Both are practicing Catholics.

I just find it odd that the RCC wanted people to support McCain over Obama based on the one issue of reproductive rights. So, it's OK to mess around on your wife and get a divorce, but it's not OK to say "I believe that abortion is a choice between women and their doctor." It's OK to say "let's not use birth control and overpopulate the earth" rather than favor places like Planned Parenthood which PREVENTS unwanted pregnancies to a much larger degree than simply providing abortions. Sorry, but I just think that's dumb.

I dont think the RCC ever said its ok to mess around on your wife or get a divorce, they dont even recognize some divorces. They just said this was a number 1 issuse and because it was about the most inocent group of people it was most important but in no way the only thing important.

you dont sound like a catholic so why let it bother you? I am not a catholic and it doesnt bother me. I would be bothered though IF I were a catholic

I also don't believe RCC said that it is ok to cheat on your spouse. The abortion issue is one the RCC takes very seriously because these babies have no voice.

It's about more than "reproductive rights". Interestingly sterile word to use for the "right" to tear a child into pieces and dump him/her in the garbage. (clarification: I am referring to partial-birth abortion only)

I find it interesting that biden and kerry claim to be catholic since they don't seem to follow many of the teachings. Many people have no grounding in their lives and this is a prime example.

I also don't believe RCC said that it is ok to cheat on your spouse. The abortion issue is one the RCC takes very seriously because these babies have no voice.

It's about more than "reproductive rights". Interestingly sterile word to use for the "right" to tear a child into pieces and dump him/her in the garbage. (clarification: I am referring to partial-birth abortion only)

I find it interesting that biden and kerry claim to be catholic since they don't seem to follow many of the teachings. Many people have no grounding in their lives and this is a prime example.

I think in a place like MASS everyone raised Catholic just continues to be catholic even if they dont believe in it or agree with it. For political reasons as well as to keep family members happy.

I am not sure I would agree with RCC on birth control, at least the type that stops the sperm from meeting the egg, but I do see their point on the type that lets the sperm and egg meet then kills after that.

As much as I dont understand people like John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) and Ted Kennedy for "claiming" to be catholic. I dont get Card. Law even more....he is worse I think

I think in a place like MASS everyone raised Catholic just continues to be catholic even if they dont believe in it or agree with it. For political reasons as well as to keep family members happy.

I am not sure I would agree with RCC on birth control, at least the type that stops the sperm from meeting the egg, but I do see their point on the type that lets the sperm and egg meet then kills after that.

As much as I dont understand people like John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) and Ted Kennedy for "claiming" to be catholic. I dont get Card. Law even more....he is worse I think

So you are against the birth control pill? The birth control pill allows the egg to be fertilized, just not implanted.

I dont think the RCC ever said its ok to mess around on your wife or get a divorce, they dont even recognize some divorces. They just said this was a number 1 issuse and because it was about the most inocent group of people it was most important but in no way the only thing important.

you dont sound like a catholic so why let it bother you? I am not a catholic and it doesnt bother me. I would be bothered though IF I were a catholic

I am not Catholic, but a large number of my extended family is. However, I would find it hypocritical of ANY religion to try to sway people to vote in a certain way, given that no one candidate exemplifies all the attributes of a given religion.

I am not Catholic, but a large number of my extended family is. However, I would find it hypocritical of ANY religion to try to sway people to vote in a certain way, given that no one candidate exemplifies all the attributes of a given religion.

well its a good thing you are not RC then :)

might be worse to be a Jehovas witness, they cant vote at all

I dont think any other denomination tells you who they think you should vote for but some churches in general do

Werbung:
So you are against the birth control pill? The birth control pill allows the egg to be fertilized, just not implanted.

I was told by planned parenthood that birth control killed the egg BEFORE it had a chance to be fertilized :)

I believed them. Were they lying to me :eek:

I did believe them too. I took birth control for a while, I got pregnant using birth control, ended up having an abortion. I had my tubes tied 30 days later.

The RCC is against all types of birth control except if the life of the mother is at risk, except for rhythm method of birth control and I think you need to ask permission from the priest even to do that but I highly doubt most women ask

Back