Change? What change?

He never said he would cut and run from Afghanistan, he said that is where he thought we should be and he escalated things there just as he said he would. so there is nothing to be surprised about, but all my obama supporting friends are all mad about it and I dont get why, its a promise he made and kept.

He said he would close gitmo but I knew he could not and I knew the left would not hold him to it and he did not and they are not, i also knew he couldn't get us out of Iraq as fast as he kept saying he would and he did not and I knew the left would not hold him to it and they are not.

I knew he would do nothing about Iran and north korea and he is not :)

I knew he would make race relations worse and he has, I knew he would make President Bush's spending look like childs play and he did and I knew the left would say nothing about it and they dont :)

Everything he is doing with healthcare, taxing but giving nothing for it, I knew he would do that too and his energy policy of taxing us more and pushing tax and cap. I knew he would try for that.

You turned out to be a pretty good prognosticator of political events.

It was never Obama who promised to cut and run, but his opponents who said he would do so. Now some of his ardent supporters seem disappointed that he didn't, and his opponents are trying to pretend that they never said he would.

I think he was sincere about closing Gitmo, but, some things are possible and some are not.

I'm not sure what he could do about Iran and NK, but no, no action there either.

Race relations? How has his presidency worsened race relations?

Werbung:
You turned out to be a pretty good prognosticator of political events.

It was never Obama who promised to cut and run, but his opponents who said he would do so. Now some of his ardent supporters seem disappointed that he didn't, and his opponents are trying to pretend that they never said he would.

I think he was sincere about closing Gitmo, but, some things are possible and some are not.

I'm not sure what he could do about Iran and NK, but no, no action there either.

Race relations? How has his presidency worsened race relations?

You honestly have not noticed the difference in the relationships between white and black people and how easily and quickly the race card is flung now compared to 3 years ago?

He should not have promised to close gitmo till he knew what he was talking about.

He said he would deal with Iran and NK, he should not have if he was not going to at least try. He is willing to send "strong language" and that is about it. He should have been more clear about it back when he was making his promises.

Either way, I am just glad some people are not drinking the juice anymore :)

You honestly have not noticed the difference in the relationships between white and black people and how easily and quickly the race card is flung now compared to 3 years ago?

He should not have promised to close gitmo till he knew what he was talking about.

He said he would deal with Iran and NK, he should not have if he was not going to at least try. He is willing to send "strong language" and that is about it. He should have been more clear about it back when he was making his promises.

Either way, I am just glad some people are not drinking the juice anymore :)

The way to get elected in this country is to make promises that most likely can't be kept, and to make statements that are so general than voters aren't sure just where the candidate stands.

Remember Nixon and his secret plan to end the war in Vietnam?

How about Colin Powell telling the world just where he stood on each issue of the day? It was a foregone conclusion he wouldn't be elected to anything after that, which is sad but true.

No, Obama isn't so much different from any other politician, which is a big reason he was elected. Of course, McCain failing to convince the voters he wasn a "maverick", i.e., not Bush, then selecting Palin as a running mate, helped as well.

The way to get elected in this country is to make promises that most likely can't be kept, and to make statements that are so general than voters aren't sure just where the candidate stands.

How about Colin Powell telling the world just where he stood on each issue of the day? It was a foregone conclusion he wouldn't be elected to anything after that, which is sad but true.

No, Obama isn't so much different from any other politician, which is a big reason he was elected. Of course, McCain failing to convince the voters he wasn a "maverick", i.e., not Bush, then selecting Palin as a running mate, helped as well.

I disagree with you on why obama got elected. He convinced people that he was different than other politicians, that he really did have an idea of hope and change. I knew it was all bunk but people drank the juice and we are stuck with it.

I agree politicians say what they have to say to get elected but obama did have many convinced he was a different kind of candidate.

and no I don't remember anything about Nixon, if was even born yet i was a baby :) and what I have read about him has been distorted. I am not sure what to make of him since most information on him is written by people who hated him. I should check out to find if his speeches are online, that is how I learned about the real Reagan and not the stuff teachers and talking heads sad about him.

Some truth here THC1, but some is not.

Nixon ran against Humphrey and McGovern. And, kick both their a**es. Plus, he DID end the war. HELLO!!! Plus he had enough honor to resign the office over a BS charge unlike Bubba who is without honor or shame...like a lot of liberals.

Colin Powell is a lib masquerading as a lib R. He admitted to voting for BO. He was not really into being president and he was not telling the truth like most politicians...so we can agree on that.

Some truth here THC1, but some is not.

Nixon ran against Humphrey and McGovern. And, kick both their a**es. Plus, he DID end the war. HELLO!!! Plus he had enough honor to resign the office over a BS charge unlike Bubba who is without honor or shame...like a lot of liberals.

Sure, Nixon ended the war by pulling the troops out of Vietnam, just as his opponents wanted to do. The difference was that they said that they would pull the troops out, but Nixon was coy about his plans. He did kick their posteriors, to be sure, and it was because he was better at being a pol, i.e., obfuscating and saying nothing.

He does deserve the credit for having enough honor to resign in response to a scandal, quite unlike other presidents who lied about being laid, or who presided over the sale of arms to the enemy.

Colin Powell is a lib masquerading as a lib R. He admitted to voting for BO. He was not really into being president and he was not telling the truth like most politicians...so we can agree on that.

Masquerading? No, I think he is quite open about being a liberal Republican. Being open is what assured he would not be elected to national office. You may be right that he was not really that interested in the White House.

Who in their right mind would go through the hell it takes to get elected anyway? Not me, no way. You've never seen me campaign, have you?

Sure, Nixon ended the war by pulling the troops out of Vietnam, just as his opponents wanted to do. The difference was that they said that they would pull the troops out, but Nixon was coy about his plans. He did kick their posteriors, to be sure, and it was because he was better at being a pol, i.e., obfuscating and saying nothing.

He does deserve the credit for having enough honor to resign in response to a scandal, quite unlike other presidents who lied about being laid, or who presided over the sale of arms to the enemy.

Masquerading? No, I think he is quite open about being a liberal Republican. Being open is what assured he would not be elected to national office. You may be right that he was not really that interested in the White House.

Who in their right mind would go through the hell it takes to get elected anyway? Not me, no way. You've never seen me campaign, have you?

Lets be fair here

Lied and pushed for illegal break in to steal records from other party, and secret slush funds ext....and selling arms to Iran for hostages and funding a central American terror group ...not quite on the same level as,,,yea I got some head....bigger issue I had with that whole thing was the Republican witch hunt and abuse of power...and waste of money and time....

and I hated Clinton so, not like I am just backing him up

I disagree with you on why obama got elected. He convinced people that he was different than other politicians, that he really did have an idea of hope and change. I knew it was all bunk but people drank the juice and we are stuck with it.

I agree politicians say what they have to say to get elected but obama did have many convinced he was a different kind of candidate.

and no I don't remember anything about Nixon, if was even born yet i was a baby :) and what I have read about him has been distorted. I am not sure what to make of him since most information on him is written by people who hated him. I should check out to find if his speeches are online, that is how I learned about the real Reagan and not the stuff teachers and talking heads sad about him.

I think most of the cool aid was your right wing freinds acting like he was to be some god figure to the left...Yes there was and is alot of hope for him, but most smart people know that no matter how good you are...you can't get it all, and its even harder when one side says nothing but no...No no no no no...we liked that before but no now...no no no no no no no no no..then crys when no one listens to them anymore, and people stop bothering to try to work with them...the Republican 39-40 acts like they won the Senate not the Dem 59-60...like it was them with a mandate from the voters...who did not vote for them

Also sorry Obama has not done enough for you on Korea and Iran...please just tell us the dates we should start war 3 and 4...

Bush did nothing about them
Bush I did nothing about Kora, and well we know he did something about Iraq...but he turned his back on the Shia and Kurds who rose up, when he told them to.
Reagan did noth...well ok he helped arm Iraq?

Lets be fair here

Lied and pushed for illegal break in to steal records from other party, and secret slush funds ext....and selling arms to Iran for hostages and funding a central American terror group ...not quite on the same level as,,,yea I got some head....bigger issue I had with that whole thing was the Republican witch hunt and abuse of power...and waste of money and time....

and I hated Clinton so, not like I am just backing him up

I don't see a whole lot of difference between lying about sex and lying about a break in. Nixon lied to protect his friends, after all, as much as himself, while Clinton lied because... well, what man with a wife like Hillary wouldn't lie about sex? Of course, we could argue that he should have resisted temptation in the first place.

As for selling arms to the enemy, then using the proceeds to subvert the will of Congress and fund a war in a third country, that really is in a different category, isn't it?

I don't see a whole lot of difference between lying about sex and lying about a break in. Nixon lied to protect his friends, after all, as much as himself, while Clinton lied because... well, what man with a wife like Hillary wouldn't lie about sex? Of course, we could argue that he should have resisted temptation in the first place.

As for selling arms to the enemy, then using the proceeds to subvert the will of Congress and fund a war in a third country, that really is in a different category, isn't it?

Nixon did not just lie about the break in though, he ordered a cover up, more then a few have said ordered the break in itself, also illegally wiretapped reporters and government officials...Clinton lied, about something I really could care less about, and did not force others to cover it up.. His getting head, realy has zero impact on my life...the rest...not so much

Nixon did not just lie about the break in though, he ordered a cover up, more then a few have said ordered the break in itself, also illegally wiretapped reporters and government officials...Clinton lied, about something I really could care less about, and did not force others to cover it up.. His getting head, realy has zero impact on my life...the rest...not so much

True, and Nixon tried to cover up the Watergate break in in order to protect loyal friends. The irony of the situation is that Nixon would undoubtedly have won the election without such illegal activities. Had the break in not come to light, that would have had zero impact on anyone's life also. His covering up for friends demonstrated loyalty, but a lack of judgment, just as lying about a bj was a case of bad judgment.

It could be argued that demonstrating bad judgment disqualifies a president, but everyone makes a bad call now and again. The worst case of bad judgment on the part of the POTUS came later, soon after the attack on the WTC. We refer to it as the invasion of Iraq.

Werbung:
I think most of the cool aid was your right wing freinds acting like he was to be some god figure to the left...Yes there was and is alot of hope for him, but most smart people know that no matter how good you are...you can't get it all, and its even harder when one side says nothing but no...No no no no no...we liked that before but no now...no no no no no no no no no..then crys when no one listens to them anymore, and people stop bothering to try to work with them...the Republican 39-40 acts like they won the Senate not the Dem 59-60...like it was them with a mandate from the voters...who did not vote for them

Also sorry Obama has not done enough for you on Korea and Iran...please just tell us the dates we should start war 3 and 4...

Bush did nothing about them
Bush I did nothing about Kora, and well we know he did something about Iraq...but he turned his back on the Shia and Kurds who rose up, when he told them to.
Reagan did noth...well ok he helped arm Iraq?

You are just being silly when you say it was the right who treated obama like some kind of demi god. It was two different democrats who compared him to Jesus, and one did it on the house floor, its pathetic liberals who literally fainted over him (9 times that I can think of) it's the left that idolized him as though he were more than mere man. McCain did make a funny video making fun of the way the left treated him like the messiah though, I will give you that. There is only a few of you guys now who still chug the juice and fewer each day.

You are right that Bush did not do enough about North Korea, he did stop the bribe Clinton was giving them but that was not enough.

I think its funny that you guys have to keep comparing obama to Bush (who you guys think was the worst president ever) to make him look good and he still looks like crap with flies on it.

Back