Civilian Death Toll in Iraq May Top One Million

Werbung:
Interesting, notes Popeye. I really like Biden, but he doesnt have a realistic shot, he would be my first pick actually.
As for Edwards, I would also agree with his views on there being two Americas. I dont care for his persona to much though. He seems kind of phoney to me. Plus I was very disappointed with the Kerry/Edwards campaign in 04. They could have won it, just seemed unmotivated and unwilling to do what it takes to win.
On the GOP side, without knowing a ton about his actual policies, Huckabee does come off as a likable guy. I dont like Rudy, Mitt seems way to stuffy elitist, I would like to see McCain come out in the GOP personally.
This is all subject to change though at this point.

In a Republican candidate debate, the candidates were asked if there was anyone who doesn't believe in evolution. Brownback, Tancredo, and Huckabee raised their hands. Can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Cc8t3Zd5E

That link you gave me, just showed Huckabee dancing around the issue. Proving that, if nothing else, he is a politician.

As he explained, what not believing in evolution means to him is not believing that life on Earth came about without a creator. He didn't dance around the issue of whether there is a creator, just that he doesn't know how the creation took place.

As he explained, what not believing in evolution means to him is not believing that life on Earth came about without a creator. He didn't dance around the issue of whether there is a creator, just that he doesn't know how the creation took place.
Sounds like dancing to me. In other words, he believes life was created by a creator, thats creationism.

Sounds like dancing to me. In other words, he believes life was created by a creator, thats creationism.

Not necessarily. Evolution is science. Believing in a creator is religion.

The evolution vs creation question is like asking whether a modern automobile was created by intelligence, or whether it evolved from simpler machines. Which one is true? Remember, you can only pick one.

Not necessarily. Evolution is science. Believing in a creator is religion.

The evolution vs creation question is like asking whether a modern automobile was created by intelligence, or whether it evolved from simpler machines. Which one is true? Remember, you can only pick one.

Number one, I don't accept your automobile analogy. Number two, you know darn well Huckabee is a believer in creationism, and by his own hand, not to mention his words, has demonstrated he doesn't believe in evolution. He has danced and now you attempt to murky the waters, but the facts speak for themselves.

Number one, I don't accept your automobile analogy. Number two, you know darn well Huckabee is a believer in creationism, and by his own hand, not to mention his words, has demonstrated he doesn't believe in evolution. He has danced and now you attempt to murky the waters, but the facts speak for themselves.

I thought my automobile analogy was quite apt. Huckabee clearly believes in a creator. You clearly do not.

None of us can prove our position. Huckabee can't prove that there is a creator, you can't prove that there isn't. I can't prove that evolution is the means by which life was created, but my position is the most reasonable and rational by far.

BTW, I'm still not voting for Huckabee in the primary, regardless of his religious beliefs. I'm assuming that you're not either, so the questions that no one can prove are academic anyway.

Werbung:
I thought my automobile analogy was quite apt.

I thought so too, just for the record.

Huckabee clearly believes in a creator. You clearly do not.

None of us can prove our position. Huckabee can't prove that there is a creator, you can't prove that there isn't. I can't prove that evolution is the means by which life was created, but my position is the most reasonable and rational by far.

BTW, I'm still not voting for Huckabee in the primary, regardless of his religious beliefs. I'm assuming that you're not either, so the questions that no one can prove are academic anyway.

Good points all. Nice post.

Back